PDA

View Full Version : New WOLF album 'RAVENOUS' being produced by ROY Z

SirLardsAlot
11-16-2008, 12:23 PM
Actually kinda old news, but it wasn't posted here and I actually just found out about it. I'm not sure how many of you actually listen to Wolf, I believe FeMaiden does if I'm correct, but you all need to. Anyway, this is in 2 parts, from 2 seperate blogs on their MySpace.

From September 15th:

Swedish heavy metal band WOLF are set to start recording their 5th album from September 17th on in Studio Seven in Írebro / Sweden. Behind the mixing table, WOLF will be joined by renowned producer Roy Z. After working with the likes of Judas Priest, Sebastian Bach, Halford, Helloween, Malmsteen, Bruce Dickinson etc, Roy Z now takes on WOLF.

The band comments:

"It is an honor and a great privilege to get to work with Roy. We're big fans of his work and we are 100% sure that he'll fuel the black flame that is WOLF. He knows his heavy metal & so do we!"

And Roy Z is also glad to work with the band and states:

"I first heard WOLF a few years back when a good friend of mine was cranking "Evil Star" in his car. Since then WOLF have been one of my favorite new bands. The opportunity came up for me to work on the new album, so I am off… I am looking forward to be a part of the new recordings with the lads. The new tunes Rock so to Sweden I will Roll to be a part of a great new CD with the WOLF gang! I am ready to Howl!"

From October 20th:

Well well...that was a great experience folks. We finnished the recordings of RAVENOUS at 06.00 friday 17th okt and went straight to the airport to go to Italy. Niklas Viper came in from the studio room with eyes wide open and going -' I wanna sing more' but Producer wizard Roy 'i like it like that' Z had put the lid on the recording, saying it's done!
The feeling thru the whole 5 weeks have been truly awesome and we're already looking forward to work with mr Z again. I'm telling you now; we're making metal history with this one!!!

Now fase 2 starts. Getting the thing to YOU! , the metal community. Roy will take the album with him to Los Angeles and start mixing it asap, and we are getting the cover, credits, lyrics, booklets, shows etc wrapped up. And we got some exiting news regarding RAVENOUS coming your way soon!

We came back from Italy today, were we played at the Metal Maniac's birthday party in Prato. It was a great gig and we made alotta new friends. We wanna give an extra HELL YEAH to Benny Bernini at eaglebooking for beeing absolute awesome. And offcourse the crowd and the bands for getting us all fired up and for making us feel very welcomed!!! We're coming back - mark my words!

Here's a fanfilmed video of the song Venom: www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Al6Z6Yg8fc

Pics from both the recording & the Italy show will soon be added to our photoalbum, so keep checking.

Till next time - WAAAR EEENSSSAAAAMBLEEEE!!!

:rocker::rocker::rocker::rocker::rocker::rocker:

SomewhereInTime72
11-16-2008, 12:28 PM
Awesome. Wolf rock :horns:.

SirLardsAlot
11-21-2008, 06:22 AM
Release date has been announced. From their MySpace bulletin:

Are you hungry for some "real" metal? Do you feel a ravenous appetite for ripping riffs, masterly executed leads and yell-a-long hooks revoking the classic 80's heavy metal sound and charm in perfection? Well, as Sweden's WOLF are synonymous with everything that's METAL, their fifth album "Ravenous" guarantees pure, metallic satisfaction.
It will be released on February 23, 2009!