Shout At The Devil

To be continued

hot_turkey_ed
11-14-2008, 11:04 PM
Saints of LA
Mick Solo Wanking

hot_turkey_ed
11-14-2008, 11:16 PM
Livewire.... It doesn't look like the set list I'd changing.

hot_turkey_ed
11-14-2008, 11:25 PM
Sick love song

( new from lady set list )

Louder than hell

hot_turkey_ed
11-14-2008, 11:32 PM
Mother fucker of the year

hot_turkey_ed
11-14-2008, 11:53 PM
This thing is closing as with prior shows. Np: looks that kill sing-a-long

ijwthstd
11-16-2008, 02:59 PM
I was there, here's the review I wrote -

I originally had no intention of going to this and wasn't even on the radar until yesterday afternoon. I was planning on going to see Mudhoney at the El Rey. The only thing is Mudhoney was $25 and I am sure they would tack on a few more bucks at the door and I was kinda burned and it always takes me a minimum of 3 hours to get home from that place on the bus.

I decided to go one stop further on the Metro and see what was going on the Palladium. The only 2 ways I would even consider it is if the place no longer had the same nasty vibe at the door (confiscating pens, combs and lighters) as it did the last time I set foot in the place 12 years ago and if I could get in cheaper than I would the Mudhoney show. If it didn't look do-able I would catch the 217 to Fairfax and La Brea for the Mudhoney show. Also it was worth looking at in case something I really wanted to see ever went on sale there.

As I walked up about 8:40 there were scalpers tripping over each other holding stacks of tickets as fans just trickled in. The line was moving fast. There was a search, but security was professional, not yelling at kids while taking away throwing hair clips and chewing gum. I ran down the street for a quick bite to eat then scored a ticket for $20 with no zero effort.

Though the ticket said 9pm and there was never any indication there was going to be an opening band but one called Street Drum Corps went on at 9:45. There were a chorus of boos between every song. Many people had been there for a few hours and to get hit with that at such a late hour was an insult to say the least. They played 30 mins and it went by quick. But there were a lot of very drunk people and I saw a few carried out.

The Palladium now has a hanging PA's on each side with another pointing on each side at an angle toward the balcony. For Motley Crue it was very loud but with earplugs and standing in between the PA's where the crowd was a bit sparse, it was probably the best sounding major concert I have been to in a few years. Real crisp and clear with a great mix.

The show itself was okay but other than the 2 new songs it was the same as the 2006 shows I saw. Not that I have a problem with a 90 min greatest hits set but I pretty much only ever listen to the first album and maybe a few more off that and Shout At The Devil would have been nice. Without the pyro and the spectacle the show itself is a little flat. Home Sweet Home has to be the worst closer of any show I have ever been to.

Wwith the headline tour in February having 3 opening bands I guess the 140 min shows of 2005/2006 were a fluke because I don't see something like that happening again anytime soon.

Mudhoney probably would have been better but the way things went down at the Palladium I don't really have any regrets.

Kickstart My Heart
Wild Side
Shout At The Devil
Saints Of Los Angeles
-Mick Mars solo-
Livewire
Sick Love Song
Louder Than Hell
-Tommy- (not a drum solo, not even a point as far as I could tell)
Motherfucker Of The Year
Don't Go Away Mad (Just Go Away)
Same Ol' Situation (S.O.S.)
Primal Scream
Looks That Kill
Girls Girls Girls
Dr. Feelgood
-----
Home Sweet Home