PDA

View Full Version : A good old fashioned rant about why the metal scene sucks

JRA
11-13-2008, 06:22 PM
http://www.skullsnbones.com/profiles/blogs/thirsty-and-miserable-want-to

I've posted something like this many moons ago, and I'm interested to know if I get similar results. :D

SomewhereInTime72
11-13-2008, 06:42 PM
A lot of the shit he says about the bands not caring, I'm not so sure about it, 'cause I've met a bunch of dudes in bands and they were all really down-to-earth.

What I will give him is the rampant fear of change in the metal scene. It makes everything stupid and boring. I agree with everything he says there. Snack-attack society,etc. - It's all true. :hecho:

ravenheart
11-14-2008, 03:07 AM
Some stuff is true, some isn't, some is an over-exageration... same as most rants, to be honest.

TonyD
11-14-2008, 12:33 PM
I love how somebody said what I was thinking in the long post at the bottom, which can be summed up as
"Ahem, Mastodon?"

Div
11-14-2008, 04:37 PM
its always been my opinion to have a low tolerance for bands who put out bad records. if a band sells out, puts out a shitty album, or just gets concieted, fuck them, stop wearing their shirts, stop brining them up in conversations, unless its in a bad way. i dont see why people are so willing to make compromises for bands who release bad albums. and im not talking about bands who release albums that are just generally weaker than the last yet still somewhat enjoyable. i mean bands who made good music and then took a nose dive. unless you're on their payroll or have their logo tattooed on yourself there's no reason to be making excuses for them, especially sense there's plenty of other bands out there you've probably not heard before. dont lower your standards for lazy musicians.

powerslave_85
11-14-2008, 04:47 PM
There are enough really good bands that I find it pretty easy to ignore all the shitty ones.

DethMaiden
11-14-2008, 05:43 PM
There are enough really good bands that I find it pretty easy to ignore all the shitty ones.

Yep. Rants like these are useless. There's plenty of good music out there, and as for the bad music, well, don't listen to it.

JRA
11-14-2008, 07:13 PM
But the thing is, he digs through every single band he can find, and more often than not he's gonna bump into some bad ones.

Div
11-14-2008, 07:25 PM
ironically i think fans are more of the problem than the bands themselves

JRA
11-14-2008, 07:33 PM
ironically i think fans are more of the problem than the bands themselves

I could support that argument too.

powerslave_85
11-14-2008, 07:50 PM
But the thing is, he digs through every single band he can find, and more often than not he's gonna bump into some bad ones.
So? That's how you find bands you like: by sorting through all the shitty ones. It's part of the process, you can't really complain about it.