PDA

View Full Version : Iron Maiden announces final leg of Somewhere Back In Time Tour

mankvill
11-10-2008, 11:46 AM
Blobbotmot (http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=108601)

Taking off in early February, MAIDEN will make their first appearances in New Zealand for 16 years via Dubai and Bangalore followed by the long haul journey for a return to Mexico in some even larger venues and then finishing with an extended run through Central and South America to include countries and cities they have not visited before.

The dates are as follows:

Feb. 10 - Belgrade, Serbia - Belgrade Arena
Feb. 13 - Dubai, UAE - Media City Amphitheatre
Feb. 15 - Bangalore, India Royal - Challenge Rock In India
Feb. 20 - Auckland, New Zealand - Mount Smart Stadium
Feb. 21 - Christchurch, New Zealand - AMI Stadium
Feb. 25 - Monterrey, Mexico - Estadio - Technologico
Feb. 26 - Guadalajara, Mexico - Arena VFG Jalisco
Feb. 28 - Mexico City, Mexico - Fero Sol Stadium Complex
Mar. 05 - Caracas, Venezuela - Estadio
Mar. 07 - Bogota, Colombia - Simon Bolivar Park
Mar. 12 - Manaus, Brazil - Sambrodromo
Mar. 14 - Rio De Janeiro, Brazil - Apoteose
Mar. 15 - Sao Paulo, Brazil - Autdromo De Interlagos
Mar. 18 - Recife, Brazil - Estadio Municipal
Mar. 20 - Brasilia, Brazil - Brasilia Camping
Mar. 22 - Santiago, Chile - Estadio Nacional
Apr. 2 - Ft. Lauderdale, FL - BankAtlantic Center

March 1 – March 29th March 2009 - South and Central America: details to be advised soon.

SirLardsAlot
11-10-2008, 11:48 AM
I hope by New Zealand they mean my house.

Firewind
11-10-2008, 12:03 PM
Drive to Mexico or not...

DethMaiden
11-10-2008, 12:14 PM
Drive to Mexico or not...

I live in Ohio and am wondering the same thing. :D

SomewhereInTime72
11-10-2008, 12:35 PM
I hope by New Zealand they mean my house.

I live in New York and am wondering the same thing.

Fe Maiden
11-10-2008, 01:18 PM
I've always wanted to see New Zealand;)

TonyD
11-10-2008, 01:38 PM
I've always wanted to see New Zealand;)

I'm not so interested in the country as much as their extreme human hamster balls.

ChildrenofSodom
11-10-2008, 05:46 PM
If Mexico will let millions of American citizens migrate to Mexico to see Iron Maiden, then we will give amnesty to all illegals. It is a fair deal, in my opinion.

Firewind
11-11-2008, 12:28 PM
If Mexico will let millions of American citizens migrate to Mexico to see Iron Maiden, then we will give amnesty to all illegals. It is a fair deal, in my opinion.

Sounds perfect to me.

ChildrenofSodom
11-11-2008, 02:04 PM
Sounds perfect to me.

There are no flaws to that plan.

rjturtle9
11-11-2008, 03:03 PM
There are no flaws to that plan.

none that i can think off ;)

mankvill
11-22-2008, 05:22 PM
Added more dates to the first post, with the promise that more will be announced soon.

Maiden33
11-22-2008, 09:20 PM
Added more dates to the first post, with the promise that more will be announced soon.

They're not coming to Kansas, give up. ;)

For fuck's sake, Maiden hasn't played Florida since 1996. I was curious and looked it up.

mankvill
11-22-2008, 09:27 PM

For fuck's sake, Maiden hasn't played Florida since 1996. I was curious and looked it up.

:lol:

I think this leg is just south america.

mankvill
11-28-2008, 08:36 AM
5 shows in brazil. updated first post.

mankvill
12-04-2008, 12:38 PM
Just announced a date in Serbia.

Div
12-04-2008, 01:30 PM

and considering blaze was on vocals that doesnt even really count.

Maiden33
12-04-2008, 05:40 PM
and considering blaze was on vocals that doesnt even really count.

Hey! I would've loved to see Maiden with Blaze. Particularly for the smaller venue atmsophere. I'd kill to see Maiden in a place that only holds 1,500 people, instead of 15,000.

rjturtle9
12-04-2008, 07:48 PM
Hey! I would've loved to see Maiden with Blaze. Particularly for the smaller venue atmsophere. I'd kill to see Maiden in a place that only holds 1,500 people, instead of 15,000.

yeah true.and i would love to see blaze front maiden :blaze:

mankvill
01-05-2009, 04:04 PM
Reactivated British extreme metallers CARCASS will support IRON MAIDEN on the following dates:

Feb. 25 - Monterrey, Mexico - University Stadium Of Monterrey
Feb. 28 - Mexico City, Mexico - Foro Sol

jesus fuck :eek:

JuuKun
01-06-2009, 09:27 AM
Reactivated British extreme metallers CARCASS will support IRON MAIDEN on the following dates:

Feb. 25 - Monterrey, Mexico - University Stadium Of Monterrey
Feb. 28 - Mexico City, Mexico - Foro Sol

:mad:
Bastards.

DethMaiden
01-07-2009, 06:02 PM
If I was gonna pick a time to go to Mexico, this would be it.

es156
01-07-2009, 06:08 PM

No doubt. Unfortunately, flights are fairly expensive.

DethMaiden
01-07-2009, 06:10 PM
No doubt. Unfortunately, flights are fairly expensive.

It would make for a pretty epic road trip. :cool:

es156
01-07-2009, 06:15 PM

That is true. I am not sure how long it would take to drive it.

es156
01-07-2009, 06:36 PM

The cheapest way I have found is to fly to San Antonio and then drive to Monterrey, which is about 4 hours. You wouldn't need a passport to drive across the border like you would to fly into Mexico. The logistics would be more difficult than just flying straight to Monterrey, though.

rjturtle9
01-07-2009, 08:18 PM

true, so true :(

powerslave_85
01-07-2009, 08:21 PM
You couldn't pay me to go to Mexico right now.

rjturtle9
01-07-2009, 08:50 PM
You couldn't pay me to go to Mexico right now.

haha u know what, after thinking a bit, ur very right my friend. that place is more fucked up than it was 3 years ago...

mankvill
01-26-2009, 06:36 PM
wow, fuck mexico

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3257/3229616669_5f1ccea218_o.jpg

Iron Maiden
Carcass
Morbid Angel

Derelict
01-26-2009, 06:39 PM
wow, fuck mexico

Iron Maiden
Carcass
Morbid Angel

UM, AND LAUREN HARRIS!?!??!?!? HOW DID YOU MISS THAT!?!?!?

JuuKun
01-26-2009, 06:53 PM
wow, fuck mexico
Iron Maiden
Carcass
Morbid Angel

I second this notion.

mankvill
01-26-2009, 07:38 PM
UM, AND LAUREN HARRIS!?!??!?!? HOW DID YOU MISS THAT!?!?!?

I thought it went without saying!

After all, she is headlining.

powerslave_85
01-26-2009, 07:40 PM
Aww, what the fuck?? Why can't we get a lineup like that here?

jeremysaal
01-26-2009, 07:53 PM
wow, fuck mexico

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3257/3229616669_5f1ccea218_o.jpg

Iron Maiden
Carcass
Morbid Angel

Ha ha! I read that earlier today about Morbid Angel being added to Mexico City and Monterrey, and I about busted a nut! I'm hoping that Morbid Angel will also do the Guadalajara show.

Woo hoo!

:fist:

gabo03
02-05-2009, 12:38 AM
The cheapest way I have found is to fly to San Antonio and then drive to Monterrey, which is about 4 hours. You wouldn't need a passport to drive across the border like you would to fly into Mexico. The logistics would be more difficult than just flying straight to Monterrey, though.

I think is 5 or 6 hours trip.

IRA (Monterrey local band, who play with Paul DiAnno when he comes to Mexico)
Lauren Harris
Morbid Angel
Carcass
Atreyu
Iron Maiden

Final lineup for the Monterrey show.

mankvill
02-09-2009, 05:24 AM
:eyes:

Rock legends IRON MAIDEN have confirmed that the final show ever of their massive Somewhere Back in Time World Tour 2008 - 2009 will be in Fort Lauderdale, Florida on April 2 at the BankAtlantic Center. This, the band's first concert in Florida in 13 years, will definitely be the last gig of one of the most ambitious rock tours ever undertaken, and promises to be a big party night for both the band and audience.

:horns:

cradle_of_maiden
02-09-2009, 06:44 AM
YES! Finally a Florida date! Theres no way im not going.

hot_turkey_ed
02-09-2009, 08:25 AM
YES! Finally a Florida date! Theres no way im not going.

Ditto... :D

es156
02-09-2009, 08:28 AM

:party: :rocker: :horns: :punk: :dance: :powerslav

Spiral_Slave
02-09-2009, 09:35 AM
HOLY SHIT YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

rjturtle9
02-09-2009, 10:38 AM
god damn. i really want to go to Florida now :bouville:

hot_turkey_ed
02-09-2009, 11:01 AM
cradle, you probably know this venue... are we getting a pit?

hot_turkey_ed
02-09-2009, 11:03 AM
Just checked the flights costs... I get there from bay area to florida on the first as almost as cheaply as I go to LA! Hot damn!

Fe Maiden
02-09-2009, 11:55 AM
Damn you guys are lucky to be able to go!:flame: I'm burning with jealosy!

es156
02-09-2009, 01:47 PM

It is a hockey arena (home of the Florida Panthers). The floor is G.A. and they are doing FTTB. Pre-sale is Thursday.

cradle_of_maiden
02-09-2009, 01:50 PM

Actually I've never been there but I do know it is an indoor venue and Im guessing it will be an open pit. I think its funny how last year I flew from Florida to Cali to see them and this year you are flying from Cali to FL. We should definitely meet up again. Does anybody have any info about tickets for this yet?

es156
02-09-2009, 01:59 PM
Actually I've never been there but I do know it is an indoor venue and Im guessing it will be an open pit. I think its funny how last year I flew from Florida to Cali to see them and this year you are flying from Cali to FL. We should definitely meet up again. Does anybody have any info about tickets for this yet?

Source: IronMaiden.com (http://www.ironmaiden.com/index.php?categoryid=8&p2_articleid=1064)

Members of the Iron Maiden fan club will be able to access an exclusive first ticket pre-sale on Thursday 12th February from 9am and will also be able to be eligible to enter the FIRST TO THE STAGE BARRIER draw. Tickets go on sale to the public at 2 minutes to Midnight on Friday 13th February.

Maiden33
02-09-2009, 02:29 PM
Source: IronMaiden.com (http://www.ironmaiden.com/index.php?categoryid=8&p2_articleid=1064)

Members of the Iron Maiden fan club will be able to access an exclusive first ticket pre-sale on Thursday 12th February from 9am and will also be able to be eligible to enter the FIRST TO THE STAGE BARRIER draw. Tickets go on sale to the public at 2 minutes to Midnight on Friday 13th February.

Sucks for those people. I really detest all kinds of fan club drawings and such. It's just my nature that I hate any kind of contest or extra money you can spend to give you an advantage over other people. Maybe it's because I've been broke forever and can't afford special fan club packages and VIP tickets, but I just really hate that stuff. I was enraged when I saw Maiden last March and I got there at 10:30am, and I saw over 100 people who got there after 4pm get into the show before me. At least I was lucky enough to see them in June when they didn't do that, and thus I was able to get on the rail.

rjturtle9
02-09-2009, 02:36 PM
Sucks for those people. I really detest all kinds of fan club drawings and such. It's just my nature that I hate any kind of contest or extra money you can spend to give you an advantage over other people. Maybe it's because I've been broke forever and can't afford special fan club packages and VIP tickets, but I just really hate that stuff. I was enraged when I saw Maiden last March and I got there at 10:30am, and I saw over 100 people who got there after 4pm get into the show before me. At least I was lucky enough to see them in June when they didn't do that, and thus I was able to get on the rail.

i'm not in the fan club or anything, but i think the whole first to the barrier thing is a good thing. there has to be a reason to be in the fan club, and this is it i guess. there is nobody on this board that would turn down that chance if they it were given.

Maiden33
02-09-2009, 02:40 PM
i'm not in the fan club or anything, but i think the whole first to the barrier thing is a good thing. there has to be a reason to be in the fan club, and this is it i guess. there is nobody on this board that would turn down that chance if they it were given.

The thing is that just because you're in the fan club doesn't mean you automatically get it. It's basically a gimmick on their part to get people to join the fanclub because you might get an opportunity that used to rightfully be first-come-first-serve. My original statement still stands.

Div
02-11-2009, 09:33 PM
god dammit! my spring break is two weeks too early!

SomewhereInTime72
02-11-2009, 11:26 PM
god dammit! my spring break is two weeks too early!

April 2nd is the last day I have of class before spring break!

:mad: :bouville:

cradle_of_maiden
02-12-2009, 06:07 AM
this Maiden presale thing is bullshit, I joined so I can get tickets early and as soon as 9am hit I tried to get General Admission seats and ticketmaster said there were no more available :flame:

hot_turkey_ed
02-12-2009, 05:27 PM
this Maiden presale thing is bullshit, I joined so I can get tickets early and as soon as 9am hit I tried to get General Admission seats and ticketmaster said there were no more available :flame:

For those of you not in the Iron Maiden Fan Club, there is a mini shit storm brewing in its forums over this.

I got a floor ticket right at the buzzer. The whole thing took less than a minute. A few minutes, I purchased a seat in nosebleed.. well the first row of nosebleed (great view in case the floor is like the Forum show. Thought the seat was in the middle of the arena but some one confirmed with TicketAssRapeMaster that it was a half arena show. Instead of the middle, it now almost be in line with the stage.

Last year's sales were poorly done. This morning's was a total pigfuck for too many. It's not high prices alone that will hurt / concerts music.. it's almost this kind of experience. There's nothing fun about it.

cradle_of_maiden
02-12-2009, 07:25 PM
For those of you not in the Iron Maiden Fan Club, there is a mini shit storm brewing in its forums over this.

I got a floor ticket right at the buzzer. The whole thing took less than a minute. A few minutes, I purchased a seat in nosebleed.. well the first row of nosebleed (great view in case the floor is like the Forum show. Thought the seat was in the middle of the arena but some one confirmed with TicketAssRapeMaster that it was a half arena show. Instead of the middle, it now almost be in line with the stage.

Last year's sales were poorly done. This morning's was a total pigfuck for too many. It's not high prices alone that will hurt / concerts music.. it's almost this kind of experience. There's nothing fun about it.

Yea im hoping I can get my GA ticket at the actual sale tomorrow night, if not its stubhub for me again

Butcher of Birth
02-14-2009, 01:58 PM
I got my ticket last night, and thye were late. Tix went on sale at around 12:04 not 11:58. And the If you buy a SINGLE Ticket you can get a SEAT in the lower levels, if not you get the Upper Level (Level 4). GA I guess is for Fan Club only which I think is total bullshit.

As SOON as the tix were released you couldnt get a GA Ticket. I understand FC has some rights, but if they get exclusive rights to the pit, thats wrong.

It's Wrong to also make it so if you want a GOOD seat you can only buy ONE ticket at a time. Buying two or more pushes you to the very top level. :confused:

Regardless I'm going, and I'm in the Nose Bleeds, it's still Maiden, but I hope they some how clear up all this confusion... If you are the 1st in Line and you arent FC why cant I get GA?

Maiden33
02-14-2009, 02:02 PM
I got my ticket last night, and thye were late. Tix went on sale at around 12:04 not 11:58. And the If you buy a SINGLE Ticket you can get a SEAT in the lower levels, if not you get the Upper Level (Level 4). GA I guess is for Fan Club only which I think is total bullshit.

As SOON as the tix were released you couldnt get a GA Ticket. I understand FC has some rights, but if they get exclusive rights to the pit, thats wrong.

It's Wrong to also make it so if you want a GOOD seat you can only buy ONE ticket at a time. Buying two or more pushes you to the very top level. :confused:

Regardless I'm going, and I'm in the Nose Bleeds, it's still Maiden, but I hope they some how clear up all this confusion... If you are the 1st in Line and you arent FC why cant I get GA?

Well the seats thing is just logic. The reason you can only get multiple tickets in the way-back is because the tickets are basically selected at random and due to the high demand of tickets, it's easy to get a random single seat somewhere decent, but for them to try to find multiple seats in a row, you have to go really far back. It sucks, but unfortunately it's just the way it is. When I saw Maiden in 2006 my friends and I wound up splitting up to get better seats because sitting alone 5 rows back in the first seated section is a whole lot better than half way back through the last one.

Butcher of Birth
02-14-2009, 02:06 PM
Well the seats thing is just logic. The reason you can only get multiple tickets in the way-back is because the tickets are basically selected at random and due to the high demand of tickets, it's easy to get a random single seat somewhere decent, but for them to try to find multiple seats in a row, you have to go really far back. It sucks, but unfortunately it's just the way it is. When I saw Maiden in 2006 my friends and I wound up splitting up to get better seats because sitting alone 5 rows back in the first seated section is a whole lot better than half way back through the last one.

But wouldn't you figure they would start the bottom and work up? Sell out One Section all the way then the next? From Left To Right, Bottom to Top? Not one there 3 up there, 6 here, one two... three more way over there.

How can "Best Available" be random? lol :tongue:

Div
02-14-2009, 02:13 PM
my friend got two seats in the lower levels, guess you just got unlucky :-/

Butcher of Birth
02-14-2009, 03:53 PM
my friend got two seats in the lower levels, guess you just got unlucky :-/

That is odd, because I've checked back a lot of times and still havent come up with anything in below Section 400.

Maiden33
02-14-2009, 07:21 PM
But wouldn't you figure they would start the bottom and work up? Sell out One Section all the way then the next? From Left To Right, Bottom to Top? Not one there 3 up there, 6 here, one two... three more way over there.

How can "Best Available" be random? lol :tongue:

I can't tell you why it works like that, but it does, I know this for a fact. It's not totally random, it generally works from front to back, but they don't simply sell from Row 1 - Seat 1, then Seat 2, then Seat 3, etc, etc. Say there are 10 seats in a row. If 3 sets of 2 people buy tickets, they don't necessarily get seats 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6. They may get seats 1 and 2, 4 and 5, and 8 and 9. Thus leaving weird gaps, which makes getting good tickets in groups when there are high demands very difficult.

Butcher of Birth
02-14-2009, 08:26 PM
I can't tell you why it works like that, but it does, I know this for a fact. It's not totally random, it generally works from front to back, but they don't simply sell from Row 1 - Seat 1, then Seat 2, then Seat 3, etc, etc. Say there are 10 seats in a row. If 3 sets of 2 people buy tickets, they don't necessarily get seats 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6. They may get seats 1 and 2, 4 and 5, and 8 and 9. Thus leaving weird gaps, which makes getting good tickets in groups when there are high demands very difficult.

haha Figures, well thanks anyway. My band and I all got our tix (I bought them all because I have the Card) and we were wondering how it's like that. Thanks Again!

Butcher of Birth
02-17-2009, 07:53 PM
I checked out the Venue hosting the show in Ft. Lauderdale, and it will be a Half House Show (Like I guess the Forum was as posted earlier). So good news I think for all! :party: everyone is closer, so awesome! Should be a great show.

I looked it up, and it's been posted that Maiden has been playing from around 9 to 11, but here the show is suppose to start at 8, so I hope we get an extended 3 hour set ;) never hurts to hope, get some more rarities in the set haha

Maiden33
02-17-2009, 08:29 PM
I checked out the Venue hosting the show in Ft. Lauderdale, and it will be a Half House Show (Like I guess the Forum was as posted earlier). So good news I think for all! :party: everyone is closer, so awesome! Should be a great show.

I looked it up, and it's been posted that Maiden has been playing from around 9 to 11, but here the show is suppose to start at 8, so I hope we get an extended 3 hour set ;) never hurts to hope, get some more rarities in the set haha

Don't want to kill your hopes, but Maiden's never going to play that long. The show's going to start at 8, but the opener (Lauren Harris I can only assume) will go on at 8 and play 'till 8:30. Maiden will come on at 9.

Butcher of Birth
02-18-2009, 03:41 PM
Don't want to kill your hopes, but Maiden's never going to play that long. The show's going to start at 8, but the opener (Lauren Harris I can only assume) will go on at 8 and play 'till 8:30. Maiden will come on at 9.

Don't they usually list a opener by now? They announced Carcass as soon as they announced the shows in Mexico. I figured she might be there though, but when I read the times I was skeptical.