PDA

View Full Version : Dragonforce -- Los Angeles, CA -- November 7th, 2008

andrew_metalhead
11-08-2008, 12:29 AM
Kickass show!! All 3 bands were fuckin amazing tonight! Can't remember the sets of Turisas and Powerglove but I do remember some of Dragonforce's list .. here are the songs im totally sure they played:

Reasons To Live
Revolution Deathsquad
Soldiers Of The Wasteland
The Last Journey Home
---
Valley Of The Damned
Through The Fire And The Flames

Others who went to the show are welcome to fill the gaps and also post the lists of the other 2 bands.

Dragonforce played for quite a long time .. came on stage at around 10 and the show ended close to midnight.

Turisas was fuckin awesome btw .. loved their female member! She was so hot!! :rocker: She was right in front of me so I hardly had a look at whats going on on the rest of the stage :D

Powerglove were interesting with their video game metal :)
They threw a lot of inflated swords into the crowd lol

All in all a great experience! Saw 3 cool bands, made cool friends, got 2 Dragonforce guitar plecs! :rocker:

girnny777
11-08-2008, 04:49 AM
Reasons To Live
Revolution Deathsquad
:rocker:

JuuKun
11-08-2008, 06:22 AM
The Turisas setlist probably looked atleast similar (if not identical) to the one in Seattle (courtesy of the Turisas forum here (http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/turisas-394/))

1. Intro
2. Battle Metal
3. A Portage To The Unknown
4. One More
5. In The Court Of Jarisleif
6. Rasputin
7. To Holmgard And Beyond

Derelict
11-08-2008, 07:51 AM
The Turisas setlist probably looked atleast similar (if not identical) to the one in Seattle (courtesy of the Turisas forum here (http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/turisas-394/))

1. Intro
2. Battle Metal
3. A Portage To The Unknown
4. One More
5. In The Court Of Jarisleif
6. Rasputin
7. To Holmgard And Beyond

Not bad for 6 songs...so glad I'm seeing them on an offdate headline show at Jaxx.

rjturtle9
11-08-2008, 08:18 AM
haha damn u beat me to it. well yeah man it was an awesome show. plus it was good to meet u Andrew :party:

well here's the DragonForce set

Heroes Of Our Time
Operation Ground And Pound
Reasons To Live
Fury Of The Storm
The Warrior Inside
(Keyboard/Guitar Solo)
Revolution Deathsquad
The Last Journey Home
My Spirit Will Go On
---------------------
Valley Of The Damned
Through The Fire And Flames

i don't know if i'm exactly in order, but it's pretty damn close ;)

GameFreac
11-08-2008, 09:53 AM
If anyone gets the Powerglove setlist, post it here. Thanks :D

andrew_metalhead
11-08-2008, 10:03 AM
haha damn u beat me to it. well yeah man it was an awesome show. plus it was good to meet u Andrew :party:

Same here bro! Stay metal! :rocker:

LoveInSlowMotion
11-08-2008, 10:26 AM
Are you fucking serious? Only one VotD song? Fuck that.

Good Turisas set though.

mankvill
11-08-2008, 10:43 AM
Nice Dragonforce set. :fist:

Spiral_Slave
11-08-2008, 11:07 AM
Damnit I was hoping DragonForce would change up the setlist at least a little in the States. I'd like to see more off VOTD, and get rid of " The Warrior Inside " for anything off the new album except "A Flame For Freedom. "

xStructualDefect
11-08-2008, 01:00 PM

well here's the DragonForce set

Heroes Of Our Time
Reasons To Live
Fury Of The Storm
The Warrior Inside
(Keyboard/Guitar Solo)
Revolution Deathsquad
The Last Journey Home
My Spirit Will Go On
---------------------
Valley Of The Damned

Heroes Of Our Time
Reasons To Live
Fury Of The Storm
The Warrior Inside
(Keyboard/Guitar Solo)
Revolution Deathsquad
The Last Journey Home
My Spirit Will Go On
---------------------
Valley Of The Damned

that was the correct order even thought you werent that far off. great show from them and my 5th time seeing them. their performance was great live and that should prove to people that they can pull off their stuff live.

i thought the crowd was somewhat lame though. most of the time the crowd stood around like zombies looking confused until TTFAF came on. (damn fucking GH)
crowd was a lot more fun wise when they played the wiltern 2 years ago w/ all that remains and horse the band. the crowd was nothing but metalheads going crazy and headbanging and the pits were always active. this show had a lot of nerds and little kids (literally like a lot of kids ages 6-13), which isn't a bad thing, but most of them only knew TTFAF.

i realized i definitely grew out of this band. i still listen to them every now and then, but i grow tired of them fast. i can only listen to a few of their songs i can listen to without getting tired of such as Valley of the Damned, Black Fire, Disciples of Babylon, Storming the Burning Fields, Cry For Eternity, and Prepare for War.

overall great show. but i'll prob pass next time if tix are expensive and i have another show i would rather see within the next week or so.

rjturtle9
11-09-2008, 08:48 AM
Heroes Of Our Time
Reasons To Live
Fury Of The Storm
The Warrior Inside
(Keyboard/Guitar Solo)
Revolution Deathsquad
The Last Journey Home
My Spirit Will Go On
---------------------
Valley Of The Damned

that was the correct order even thought you werent that far off. great show from them and my 5th time seeing them. their performance was great live and that should prove to people that they can pull off their stuff live.

i thought the crowd was somewhat lame though. most of the time the crowd stood around like zombies looking confused until TTFAF came on. (damn fucking GH)
crowd was a lot more fun wise when they played the wiltern 2 years ago w/ all that remains and horse the band. the crowd was nothing but metalheads going crazy and headbanging and the pits were always active. this show had a lot of nerds and little kids (literally like a lot of kids ages 6-13), which isn't a bad thing, but most of them only knew TTFAF.

i realized i definitely grew out of this band. i still listen to them every now and then, but i grow tired of them fast. i can only listen to a few of their songs i can listen to without getting tired of such as Valley of the Damned, Black Fire, Disciples of Babylon, Storming the Burning Fields, Cry For Eternity, and Prepare for War.

overall great show. but i'll prob pass next time if tix are expensive and i have another show i would rather see within the next week or so.

yeah i didn't like the crowd either. i was going apeshit, but not everyone else was.

i envy that guitar hero nerdy kid that got to go on stage with DragonForce :mad:

Wizzbang11
11-09-2008, 09:21 AM

This is exactly how I feel. The first 2 times I saw them they were amazing, and I loved it. This last time I was completely bored, except for Valley of the Damned. I don't know if it's the combination of video game addicted little kids and the lameness of their new album or what, but DF just don't do it for me anymore.

HeartOfADragon
11-09-2008, 01:10 PM
If anyone gets the Powerglove setlist, post it here. Thanks :D

Lemme try to remember here....

Tetris(Themes b and c)
So Sexy Robotnik
Mortal Kombat
Omnishred
Mario Minor
Power Rangers
I can't remember if there were others, and its not in that order, but damn, they killed.....:rocker:

HeartOfADragon
11-09-2008, 01:14 PM
yeah i didn't like the crowd either. i was going apeshit, but not everyone else was.

i envy that guitar hero nerdy kid that got to go on stage with DragonForce :mad:

Most of the crowd sucked that night, I was in front of two little kids, couldn't have been older than 10. Didnt know any of the songs, but when Through The Fire And The Flames was played, they shit their tighty whiteys.

They were looking at me a lot cuz I knew every lyric to every song haha, fucking guitar queer-o fans.

The mosh was decent though.

Maiden33
11-09-2008, 01:28 PM

Tetris(Themes b and c)
So Sexy Robotnik
Mortal Kombat
Omnishred
Power Rangers
I can't remember if there were others, and its not in that order, but damn, they killed.....:rocker:

Are you telling me that there's now a band dedicated to playing video-game theme music and such?

HeartOfADragon
11-09-2008, 01:35 PM
Are you telling me that there's now a band dedicated to playing video-game theme music and such?

Yep. You can find them at www.myspace.com/vgmetal

they fucking pwn.

rjturtle9
11-09-2008, 01:39 PM

Tetris(Themes b and c)
So Sexy Robotnik
Mortal Kombat
Omnishred
Power Rangers

they played fuck that bird, of something like that too.

rjturtle9
11-09-2008, 01:40 PM

they fucking pwn.

yeah they impressed me. more of a live band though

HeartOfADragon
11-09-2008, 01:46 PM
they played fuck that bird, of something like that too.

Fuck that bird is a live thing, never recorded, I dunno what the hell was up with that hahaha. :tongue:

Maiden33
11-09-2008, 01:46 PM

they fucking pwn.

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b24/Nightmare30/Funny%20stuff/facepalm.jpg

rjturtle9
11-09-2008, 01:53 PM
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b24/Nightmare30/Funny%20stuff/facepalm.jpg

they are kinda of goofy but they are a hell of a lot of fun live. nothing beats singing the power ranger theme at the top of your lungs at a concert :D

HeartOfADragon
11-09-2008, 02:00 PM
they are kinda of goofy but they are a hell of a lot of fun live. nothing beats singing the power ranger theme at the top of your lungs at a concert :D

True that man.

Aye, we met at Dragonforce by the way, I found your myspace on here cuz I remember you said you were in Pico.
Totally off-topic, but whatever....

rjturtle9
11-09-2008, 02:06 PM
True that man.

Aye, we met at Dragonforce by the way, I found your myspace on here cuz I remember you said you were in Pico.
Totally off-topic, but whatever....

ohh shit haha i remember u haha so u took my advice and came to metalsetlists aye :D

HeartOfADragon
11-09-2008, 02:07 PM
ohh shit haha i remember u haha so u took my advice and came to metalsetlists aye :D

haha fuck yeah dude. this site is the shit!!!!!! :D

rjturtle9
11-09-2008, 02:11 PM

awesome. that guy andrew that was in line with use is the guy that started this thread

HeartOfADragon
11-09-2008, 02:14 PM
awesome. that guy andrew that was in line with use is the guy that started this thread

Oh right on!

GameFreac
11-09-2008, 03:30 PM

Tetris(Themes b and c)
So Sexy Robotnik
Mortal Kombat
Omnishred
Mario Minor
Power Rangers

Thanks man. I can't wait to hear So Sexy Robotnic live. I loved that song on Sonic 2 when I was a little kid. Haha :D

HeartOfADragon
11-09-2008, 03:32 PM
Thanks man. I can't wait to hear So Sexy Robotnic live. I loved that song on Sonic 2 when I was a little kid. Haha :D

Fuck yeah!!!!!!! :blaze:

GameFreac
11-09-2008, 03:37 PM
Fuck yeah!!!!!!! :blaze:

less than 2 weeks :rocker:

rjturtle9
11-09-2008, 03:49 PM
less than 2 weeks :rocker:

dude prepare for a good show. all 3 of the bands kicked ass.

HeartOfADragon
11-09-2008, 04:03 PM
dude prepare for a good show. all 3 of the bands kicked ass.

Seriously dude. Powerglove is fucking INTENSE! :bouville:

JuuKun
11-09-2008, 04:08 PM
METAAALLLL KOMBAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT!!

Can't wait for this show at the end of the month. I'll be at the Worcester show, likely with some kind of warpaint on.

Anyone know how much shirts (particularly Powerglove and Turisas) were?

HeartOfADragon
11-09-2008, 04:16 PM
METAAALLLL KOMBAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT!!

Can't wait for this show at the end of the month. I'll be at the Worcester show, likely with some kind of warpaint on.

Anyone know how much shirts (particularly Powerglove and Turisas) were?

All (dragonforce powerglove turisas) shirts are 25, all hoodies are 50, accessories (wristbands etc...) are 15.

rjturtle9
11-09-2008, 04:41 PM
All (dragonforce powerglove turisas) shirts are 25, all hoodies are 50, accessories (wristbands etc...) are 15.

me and Heart of a Dragon got the bootleg shirts for 10 bux

HeartOfADragon
11-09-2008, 04:45 PM
me and Heart of a Dragon got the bootleg shirts for 10 bux

Yeah, we did, they're pretty good quality, actually, maybe the bootleggers will be out there haha. Save yerself 10 bucks.

andrew_metalhead
11-09-2008, 05:26 PM

Welcome to metalsetlists dude :D I guess you were in line with us

HeartOfADragon
11-09-2008, 05:34 PM
Welcome to metalsetlists dude :D I guess you were in line with us

Yeah man, I was the guy in the leather jacket haha

:D

andrew_metalhead
11-09-2008, 05:36 PM
Yeah man, I was the guy in the leather jacket haha

:D

yup! guessed it

GameFreac
11-10-2008, 03:47 PM

Sweet. I'm definitely getting a Turisas shirt (if they're not lame like the ones at Paganfest) and probably getting the Powerglove album.

HeartOfADragon
11-10-2008, 07:19 PM
Sweet. I'm definitely getting a Turisas shirt (if they're not lame like the ones at Paganfest) and probably getting the Powerglove album.

Right on! Turisas had some pretty cool shirts.

I bought an epic powerglove shirt and they gave me a free EP with it. So now I have both of their albums lol. If you do buy a PG album remember:

Total Pwnage= 1st album with 7 songs
Metal Kombat for the Mortal Man=2nd album with a lot more song on it.

I'd suggest getting Metal Kombat, its the best. But thats just me ;)

Have fun, and take pics. :D

immortalkz
11-10-2008, 09:43 PM
if you think Powerglove shirts are too expensive...you can get them on there website for $15. i saw them live this summer than they played with Psychostick :finger2:

Powerglove is amazing but i hope to hear Power Wisdom Courage live again that was sweet. also this summer they threw the swords out also during Mortal Kombat and told the crowd to fight the whole song...it was great.

very excited for this song i wish i could take pictures but the place where my show is at will kick you out if you have a cell phone out...true story...

GameFreac
11-11-2008, 06:12 AM
Right on! Turisas had some pretty cool shirts.

I bought an epic powerglove shirt and they gave me a free EP with it. So now I have both of their albums lol. If you do buy a PG album remember:

Total Pwnage= 1st album with 7 songs
Metal Kombat for the Mortal Man=2nd album with a lot more song on it.

I'd suggest getting Metal Kombat, its the best. But thats just me ;)

Have fun, and take pics. :D

Yeah I've been a Powerglove fan for at least 5 months or so now so I know em pretty well. I'm probably just gonna get Mortal Kombat for a Mortal Man...the EP is good but the album has better songs IMO (except for Power Rangers lmao)

And I might not take pics since I'm planning on getting in the pit. But I may take some crappy cell phone pics.

Derelict
11-18-2008, 08:45 AM
was there a turisas hoodie?

Razor of Death
11-19-2008, 09:08 AM
I want to know which band will start the show?

Powerglove or Turisas?

GameFreac
11-19-2008, 10:24 AM
I want to know which band will start the show?

Powerglove or Turisas?

Powerglove

2 days! :rocker:

Razor of Death
11-20-2008, 01:10 PM
Nice, that's what that I thought. :D

rjturtle9
11-20-2008, 08:12 PM
wow this thread just won't die :cool:

GameFreac
11-21-2008, 09:34 AM
Umm maybe cuz the tour's still on...

Tonight! :D

GameFreac
11-22-2008, 05:18 PM
Last night pwned :rocker:

Netta said Turisas will be back to headline the US in Spring 2009

rjturtle9
11-22-2008, 08:33 PM

kool. i'm down to go...

b_halperin
11-24-2008, 05:49 PM
this show had a lot of nerds and little kids (literally like a lot of kids ages 6-13), which isn't a bad thing, but most of them only knew TTFAF.

i'm 13 and been listening to them since VoTD. btw they were fuckin awesome! :rocker:

HeartOfADragon
02-26-2009, 09:00 PM
i'm 13 and been listening to them since VoTD. btw they were fuckin awesome! :rocker:

Underageb& lawl:bouville:

b_halperin
04-04-2009, 04:59 PM

i decided to come by this thread for this exact reason! theyre not headlining the US their on a tour with Cradle of Filth :( does anyone know when they will?