Take This Life

Gojira
Oroborus
The Heaviest Matter Of The Universe
Backbone
Flying Whales
Toxic Garbage Island
Vacuity

The show started way late so they had to cut some songs I guess. I was actually looking foward to hearing The Chosen Pessimist live. Nothing from Colony is disgusting. The Jester Race Medley is fucking awesome. I don't know what they're talking about when they say the old songs don't work live. Definatley the highlight. Actually had not a bad a crowd reaction as well. Before the song Anders said that everyone bitches that they never play old stuff but when they played the song in Europe people stood around like zombies. Eraser is a killer song live. Before that song Anders said they played it a few nights ago as an experiment but they will keep in the setlist. Alias was fun but I don't even think they're playing the mellow part in the middle which is pretty lame. All in all a good show but not nearly as good as I've seen them before. They don't seem as energetic as they were years ago. Oh well. Gojira kicked ass as always. Definatly stole the show. I didn't bother with All That Remains or 36 Crazyfists.

maidenpriest
11-06-2008, 09:56 PM
Nothing from Colony is disgusting. The Jester Race Medley is fucking awesome. I don't know what they're talking about when they say the old songs don't work live. Definatley the highlight. Actually had not a bad a crowd reaction as well. Before the song Anders said that everyone bitches that they never play old stuff but when they played the song in Europe people stood around like zombies. Eraser is a killer song live.

yeah nothing from colony is very disappointing. glad the hive is still in there. and its there fault for appealing to ppl who know nothing of their past and good music. i bet half the ppl out there thought at first they were covering Atreyu (Right Side of the Bed) when they started playing the Hive. and was eraser on the new album? i dont remember seeing that on there

666ways2love
11-06-2008, 11:43 PM
Gojira
Oroborus
The Heaviest Matter Of The Universe
Backbone
Flying Whales
Toxic Garbage Island
Vacuity

I'm going to this show in LA in a few weeks. and to be honest i'm quite disappointed in gojira's set. even though one song from the frenchmen will put all the other opening acts to utter shame, i'd still like to see SOMETHING from 'the link'. remembrance or death of me. hopefully they gain more of a following here(like they did on radio rebellion) and we see a headlining show from them in the near future

btw, what is the order for the bands? aka when do i leave to go get a beer

TonyD
11-07-2008, 12:21 AM
I'm going to this show in LA in a few weeks. and to be honest i'm quite disappointed in gojira's set. even though one song from the frenchmen will put all the other opening acts to utter shame, i'd still like to see SOMETHING from 'the link'. remembrance or death of me. hopefully they gain more of a following here(like they did on radio rebellion) and we see a headlining show from them in the near future

btw, what is the order for the bands? aka when do i leave to go get a beer

I like it for the time allowed.
Don't forget that their big step up was on the Lamb of God/Machine Head tour

girnny777
11-07-2008, 01:05 AM
yeah nothing from colony is very disappointing. glad the hive is still in there. and its there fault for appealing to ppl who know nothing of their past and good music. i bet half the ppl out there thought at first they were covering Atreyu (Right Side of the Bed) when they started playing the Hive. and was eraser on the new album? i dont remember seeing that on there

Eraser was a bonus track on the Japanese release and it was on the Mirror's Truth single.

Derelict
11-07-2008, 04:57 AM
Brutally terrible in flames setlist. such a shame

LoveInSlowMotion
11-07-2008, 08:13 AM
Goddamn, what a fucking great Gojira set. This really makes me happy. Wish they would switch out Orobourus for Esoteric Surgery or Wolf Down the Earth, but wow Definately a great set.

andrew_metalhead
11-07-2008, 08:33 AM
In Flames' set is so disappointing!! :mad:

They had a much better set even at this year's Gigantour where they were just a support act! :eek:

TMFQuinn
11-07-2008, 09:36 AM
I think it's interesting that while they are including a lot of really good songs that they don't usually play, they are leaving out a lot of live staples.I just pray they play Eraser in New York.How that song got left off the album I don't know.

mgothstryper
11-07-2008, 06:43 PM
Anyone have any idea on the order of the bands? I have zero desire to see All That Remains and 36 Crazyfists? Is Gojira on directly before In Flames? Anyone?

vmetal52
11-08-2008, 07:32 AM
36 Crazy Fists, Gojira, All That Remains then In Flames to finish it off. i have no desire to see all that remains and 36 crazyfists either.

broncoz
11-08-2008, 09:40 AM
dear god 7 of 18 songs from ASOP...ridiculous. Satellites is still great to see but what the hell....leaving out staples like my sweet shadow and only for the weak. This is probably the worst set list from the euro tour and what is of the north american tour so far combined.

insipidzombie
11-08-2008, 12:34 PM
Anyone have any idea on the order of the bands? I have zero desire to see All That Remains and 36 Crazyfists? Is Gojira on directly before In Flames? Anyone?

36 Crazyfists > Gojira > All That Remains > In Flames

AnthG
11-08-2008, 02:04 PM
In Flames played the same setlist at the Toronto show. I didn't mind it.

JesterColony_666
11-17-2008, 06:50 PM
:rocker:well, I'm seeing In Flames for the first time in December, so even if the setlist is a little disappointing I'm still stoked for it. By far my favorite metal band (circa Colony and Whoracle) so just seeing them live will make me happy. Don't know what they're thinking leaving Gyroscope and Episode 666 out but definitely psyched to see them play Colony!!!
They're probably getting tired of their older shit though, seeing as they're getting to be one of the older metal bands that still tours. ONE of, by the way, in no way am I implying they're anywhere near the oldest.
Either way, I can't wait to go. Not really sure what ATR and 36 are doing there but it's cool, seen ATR and while they're not really metal like In Flames they still put on a hell of a show.

maidenpriest
11-17-2008, 09:44 PM
so the chosen pessimist isnt being played in NA? if so thank god...

Hoodieman36
11-18-2008, 10:15 PM
i cant believe Vancouver show was 19+

i missed out on Pinball Map and a Jester Race medley?
dammit :(

Enigma Lake
11-19-2008, 10:32 PM
i bet half the ppl out there thought at first they were covering Atreyu (Right Side of the Bed) when they started playing the Hive.

:tp: if that's true it's very sad, I would hope In Flames fans know their past.
The Hive in there makes me very happy (one of my fav solo's ever!). I'm not going to bitch about the rest of the set though, I quite like ALL their albums :D

xStructualDefect
11-20-2008, 07:37 PM
wow i usually dont talk shit about In Flames's setlist, but got damn this setlist is fucking disgusting. tried to listen to the new album but i find it very bland. theres only a few songs on that set that id be looking forward to. As I Lay Dying is playing fri night and In Flames is playing sat night. theres a chance i might not go to AILD, so if i dont go to that id go see IF, but id much rather go see AILD because this IF setlist is horrible.

almostfamous232
01-02-2009, 06:56 AM
Yeah, the order is 36 crazyfists, gojira, all that remains then in flames. At least it was that the order when i saw then in mount clemens, michigan.

b_halperin
01-03-2009, 11:54 PM
Yeah, the order is 36 crazyfists, gojira, all that remains then in flames. At least it was that the order when i saw then in mount clemens, michigan.

yup that lineup remained the whole tour with the exception of a few shows where all that remains didn't show because the lead singer was sick