PDA

View Full Version : Tarja Turunen 2009 US Tour

JuuKun
10-28-2008, 12:46 PM
Former NIGHTWISH vocalist Tarja Turunen has announced a handful of live dates for Canada and the US. Online ticket pre-sales start today (October 28th). Confirmed shows are as follows:
April
29 - Fillmore (Irving Plaza) - New York, NY

May
1 - Le Medley - Montreal, QC
2 - Opera House - Toronto, ON
4 - House Of Blues - Chicago, IL
7 - Regency Center - San Francisco, CA
8 - House Of Blues - Los Angeles, CA

The fact that Nightwish is touring the US at the same time is amusing, not going to lie.

But, yeah, I'd like to see Tarja atleast once, so unless NW announces a great support band (or promises some special set changes for this final US leg), I'd prefer to take the ride to NYC for Tarja if I can't make both.

Axis_Of_Metal
10-28-2008, 01:07 PM
How is she anyway I somewhat know her stuff with nightwish but how is her solo work. Any word on support for Tarja???

JuuKun
10-28-2008, 02:05 PM
Her solo stuff isn't very metal. It's...I don't know how to describe it. But it's not very metal. But I like it.

But, going to be honest, with the announcement of Volbeat as Nightwish's opener, if I have to make the decision it seems like I'll be saying hello NW again.

kenpierce
05-08-2009, 02:05 PM
I attended the first night of the tour in NYC and perhaps some of you would like to see the review and photos. Follow the link below and if need be add the set list to the run down that you keep here somewhere.

http://piercingmetal.com/wordpress/?p=1178

Regards

Ken P, Editor Guy
PiercingMetal.com

ravenheart
05-08-2009, 04:50 PM
Her solo stuff isn't very metal. It's...I don't know how to describe it. But it's not very metal. But I like it.

'Crap' is the word you were looking for ;)

Spiral_Slave
05-08-2009, 05:24 PM
'Crap' is the word you were looking for ;)

I quite enjoy My Winter Storm.

ChildrenofSodom
05-08-2009, 06:37 PM
I WISH I HAD AN ANGEL!