PDA

View Full Version : Metallica -- Des Moines, IA -- October 26th, 2008

mankvill
10-27-2008, 08:00 AM
I know, I know. Another Metallica set. But look at this one. :drool: I wish I would've gotten this.

From www.metontour.com

That Was Just Your Life
The End Of The Line
Creeping Death :blaze:
The Memory Remains
One
Broken, Beat And Scarred
Cyanide
Sad But True
Wherever I May Roam
For Whom The Bell Tolls :blaze:
The Day That Never Comes
Master Of Puppets
Battery :blaze::blaze::blaze::blaze::blaze::blaze:
Nothing Else Matters
Enter Sandman
- - - - - - - -
Die, Die My Darling
Hit The Lights :blaze::blaze::blaze:
Seek and Destroy

andrew_metalhead
10-27-2008, 09:13 AM
now THATS better!!!

SomewhereInTime72
10-27-2008, 09:15 AM
Nice.

mrchilidog
10-27-2008, 08:16 PM
I was at this show. They did not perform 'For Whom the Bell Tolls'.

andrew_metalhead
10-27-2008, 08:34 PM

if thats true, lol @ thread starter!! :D:D

es156
10-27-2008, 08:46 PM
if thats true, lol @ thread starter!! :D:D

He just got it from the Metallica forum.

andrew_metalhead
10-27-2008, 09:16 PM
He just got it from the Metallica forum.

then lol @ the forum!

HugeRockStar
10-27-2008, 09:43 PM
I'd love to see Hit The Lights live! Good set, hope to get ...And Justice For All though when they finally come around here.

(sic)&disturbed
10-28-2008, 02:45 AM

Thats funny every Metallica web site says they did! In case you forgot I included a web site where you can buy the mp3 to refresh you memory!
http://www.livemetallica.com/live-music/0,202/Metallica-mp3-flac-download-10-26-2008-Wells-Fargo-Arena-Des-Moines-IA.html

Note:
If you look at the first song on disc 2 it say "For Whom The Bell Tolls"!

rjturtle9
10-28-2008, 08:15 PM
still no fade to black :snivel:

they have to play it at least once in L.A.

TonyD
10-28-2008, 11:41 PM
still no fade to black :snivel:

they have to play it at least once in L.A.

Ehh. It's cool that they played Hit the Lights, but it seems like every good song they put it replaces another good song. Notice No Remorse and Ride the Lightning missing this time.

immortalkz
10-29-2008, 02:04 PM
that is really funny that most sites do say FWTBT but the people who went claim they didnt play it...interesting.

Sinfulsot
10-29-2008, 10:04 PM
I wonder if it was on the set list initially, but they chose not to play it for whatever reason.

(sic)&disturbed
10-30-2008, 05:48 PM
I wonder if it was on the set list initially, but they chose not to play it for whatever reason.

Here is a youtube video of them playing "For Whom The Bell Tolls" at the show in Des Moines, IA!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=exWCsM02R34

rjturtle9
10-30-2008, 07:43 PM
Ehh. It's cool that they played Hit the Lights, but it seems like every good song they put it replaces another good song. Notice No Remorse and Ride the Lightning missing this time.

that's how it always is with them. they play half the set the full tour, then change the other half and encores

mjsaworld
11-01-2008, 12:53 AM

either a) you weren't there, b) you had your head up your ass during that part, or c) you have no idea what FWTBT sounds like because yes, they did play it. I was there and the OP's list is correct unless you want to include the 2 solos that Kirk played during the set.

Overall I'd give the show a B+. Good effort from the band and the crowd was into the show the whole time. Sound quality could have been better, it sounded like they were purposely keeping the bass drums down so on songs like Battery and One where it really should hit you, it just didn't. James's vocals came across good for the most part but there were areas when it was drown out by Kirk. Guitars sounded great. I was happy with the set list, Hit the Lights was a nice addition. Sure there where other songs I would have liked to have heard also like Whiplash, Fight Fire with Fire, Leper Messiah, No Remorse among others but I can't complain too much. Outside of them playing for 3-4+ hours, it's impossible for them to come up with a set list that will make everyone happy(even then someone will still complain about why they didn't play their entire catalog. There's just too many good songs that people want to hear to fit in a 2hr. window.

I got early sale (2 weeks before the public) tickets through metclub so I got to download the mp3 of the show from livemetallica.com for free. I burned them to cd and it sounds damn good in the car.