PDA

View Full Version : Kamelot -- Hollywood, CA -- October 26th, 2008

andrew_metalhead
10-27-2008, 02:44 AM
What an amazing night! This night is right up there among my most memorable concert experiences!! WOW!

The first 2 bands were Vaylor and Deception . Vaylor was ok .. deception sucked.

But as soon as Edguy came on .. oh.... my... God!!

And the most (pleasantly) shocking part was that there was no barrier AT ALL! I was in the 1st row resting my hands on the stage! :eek:

Loved Edguy. Really crazy show by them :) Kamelot reduced their list to 15 songs instead of 17 because of time issues (show ended at 12:15) but at least we got a decent length list from Edguy :) Tobias was really great in his banter to the crowd.

I don't remember some of the songs that Edguy played. So not posting their setlist.

Coming to Kamelot. O My God!! Can't believe that each and every band member gave me and ppl around me plenty of handshakes and let us touch the guitars many many times!

I managed to catch their setlist along with one each of Edguy's and Kamelot's guitar picks.

So again, the list below is perfectly correct :D

Intro
Rule The World
When The Lights Are Down
Soul Society
The Pendulous Fall
Center Of The Universe
Abandoned
Descent Of The Archangel
Instrumental
The Haunting
Edenecho
Keyboard Solo
Forever
------
Ghost Opera
March Of Mephisto

Edguy said they will be back in September next year and Kamelot also said they will be back soon.

Enigma Lake
10-27-2008, 05:40 AM
Cool, I enjoyed this tour as well.
Touched the guitars? haha oh wow...lol. Sorry that deserved something...

metalmilitia54
10-27-2008, 12:34 PM
Edguy's setlist was as follows:

1. Catch of the Century
2. Sacrifice
3. Lavatory Love Machine
4. Tears of a Mandrake
5. Superheroes
6. Vain Glory Opera
7. Mystera
ENCORE
8. King of Fools

Fucking loved it!:rocker:

andrew_metalhead
10-27-2008, 02:35 PM
thanks for that!

Enigma Lake
10-27-2008, 04:40 PM
Edguy's setlist was as follows:

1. Catch of the Century
2. Sacrifice
3. Lavatory Love Machine
4. Tears of a Mandrake
5. Superheroes
6. Vain Glory Opera
7. Mystera
ENCORE
8. King of Fools

Fucking loved it!:rocker:
Similar set as the NYC show
Sweeeeeet

metalmilitia54
10-27-2008, 05:03 PM
No problem!

andrew_metalhead
10-27-2008, 08:42 PM
Also, could anyone give me the name of Kamelot's female vocalist on stage last night? I can't remember her name at all..

es156
10-27-2008, 08:45 PM
Also, could anyone give me the name of Kamelot's female vocalist on stage last night? I can't remember her name at all..

I believe it is Anne-Catrin Maerzke.

Maiden33
10-28-2008, 11:11 AM
You know I'm actually glad Edguy didn't play Catch of the Century in NYC? I like the song a good bit, and it's great fun, but it's an awful opener. It just lacks the power and energy to get the crowd into it right away. It was partially responsible for the mediocre delivery of the show I saw in September 2007. I'm MUCH happier that they opened with Mysteria.

metalmilitia54
10-28-2008, 09:16 PM
You know I'm actually glad Edguy didn't play Catch of the Century in NYC? I like the song a good bit, and it's great fun, but it's an awful opener. It just lacks the power and energy to get the crowd into it right away. It was partially responsible for the mediocre delivery of the show I saw in September 2007. I'm MUCH happier that they opened with Mysteria.

Mysteria would have been a better opener to really get the crowd going I agree. But I think of it as getting an extra song haha, because the other shows seem like they've been only getting 7 songs. To me, regardless of what bands open with or end with, an extra song is always nice. "Catch..." is a weird concert opener, but when Mysteria came on near the end all hell broke lose and the crowd used up the energy for the end. I still loved it though.