PDA

View Full Version : Accident of Birth

Div
10-25-2008, 12:50 PM
is fucking genius. I've been re-listening to it alot lately and have got to say it's probably my favorite Roy Z feat. Bruce Dickinson album out there. It has just the right mix of heavy riffs and light melodies. Alot of people like Chemical Wedding, but I think it overdid it a bit if you ask me.

Discuss.

http://img366.imageshack.us/img366/766/accidentkq3.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

btw, if anyone knows where i can get a poster of that i will be most grateful.

JRA
10-25-2008, 01:17 PM
I haven't listened to solo Bruce in ages, but here's an entertaining story.

I was practising "Darkiside Of Aquarius" on drums on highschool, and during the break 3/4 of the way through when the drums drop, an old lady came into view and applauded my performace. :money:

ravenheart
10-25-2008, 03:27 PM
I was expecting to love Accident of Birth, based on already being more than familiar with the songs Accident of Birth, The Tower, Man of Sorrows and Darkside of Aquarius, but I have to say the rest of the album was a major disappointment.

I think Chemical Wedding is much stronger all the way through than Accident of Birth, even if it's best tracks aren't as good as the best from the latter.

JRA
10-25-2008, 04:53 PM
I was expecting to love Accident of Birth, based on already being more than familiar with the songs Accident of Birth, The Tower, Man of Sorrows and Darkside of Aquarius, but I have to say the rest of the album was a major disappointment.

I think Chemical Wedding is much stronger all the way through than Accident of Birth, even if it's best tracks aren't as good as the best from the latter.

Tower's on Chemical Wedding.

ADD
10-25-2008, 05:13 PM
Word, definitely the best Bruce solo album. The closing one-two punch of Omega and Arc Of Space is tops.

SomewhereInTime72
10-25-2008, 06:00 PM
Well, Chemical Wedding is still my favorite, but goddamn. Accident of Birth is also incredible. Both of those albums leave me totally floored after I listen to them. :rocker:

DethMaiden
10-25-2008, 07:04 PM
Yeah, AOB is the best Brucey album.

SirLardsAlot
10-25-2008, 07:53 PM
Balls to Picasso :rocker::rocker::rocker::rocker:

Maiden33
10-26-2008, 12:04 AM
Accident of Birth is not only without a doubt my favorite Bruce solo album, but I favor it above all but a small number of Maiden albums. I'm a huge fan of Roy Z both with and without Bruce, and I think Bruce gives some of his best vocal performances on AOB (Man of Sorrows especially). There's a song or two I could do without, but any album featuring Darkside of Aquarius, The Road to Hell, Omego, Accident of Birth, Man of Sorrows, Arc of Space, and the like is just plain great.

Spiral_Slave
10-26-2008, 11:45 AM
Fantastic album. I've always thought " Taking The Queen " is a really underrated track.

DethMaiden
10-26-2008, 11:47 AM
Fantastic album. I've always thought " Taking The Queen " is a really underrated track.

One of my favorites on the album. Gets stuck in my head at work a lot for some reason.

zgodt
11-03-2008, 07:56 PM
Balls to Picasso :rocker::rocker::rocker::rocker:

good point, but Skunkworks
:rocker::rocker::rocker::rocker:
:rocker::rocker::rocker::rocker: