PDA

View Full Version : First listen to new Slayer!

mankvill
10-24-2008, 03:24 PM
Bwabbermouf (http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=107603)

Song's called "Psychopothy Red"

Sounds awesome.

SSSSLLLLLAAAAAYYYYYEEEEERRRRR!!!!!

:horns:

SomewhereInTime72
10-24-2008, 03:25 PM
God Hates us All pt 3.

Goddamnit.

TonyD
10-24-2008, 03:51 PM
God Hates us All pt 3.

Goddamnit.

Did you hear Cult?

Sounds better than the majority of the material off the last, but if this is the standout track I'll be disappointed.

SomewhereInTime72
10-24-2008, 04:51 PM
Did you hear Cult?

Sounds better than the majority of the material off the last, but if this is the standout track I'll be disappointed.

I listened to the whole Christ Illusion album except for the last song, because at that point I was so sick of it, and never wanted to finish it or hear it again. It was awful. :hecho: Exactly like God Hates Us All, except without the few merits.

Actually, I will admit that Eyes of the Insane was an alright song (and the only one I kept.) :eyes: But I forgot because there's like 9 or 10 bad songs after it in the album.

mankvill
10-24-2008, 06:24 PM
I completely disagree. Call me a broken record, but I think Christ Illusion is there best since Seasons. This one sounds awesome and I can't wait. :flame: US TOUR GODDAMNIT

Firewind
10-24-2008, 06:26 PM
Never really listened to Christ Illusion, but I wasn't as offended by God Hates Us All as most people seemed to be. I'm looking forward to this one.

TonyD
10-24-2008, 07:51 PM
I listened to the whole Christ Illusion album except for the last song, because at that point I was so sick of it, and never wanted to finish it or hear it again. It was awful. :hecho: Exactly like God Hates Us All, except without the few merits.

Actually, I will admit that Eyes of the Insane was an alright song (and the only one I kept.) :eyes: But I forgot because there's like 9 or 10 bad songs after it in the album.

I hate that song

hot_turkey_ed
10-24-2008, 08:02 PM
Nice clip. I kinda-sorta dig it. It's what I would expect from Slayer.

rjturtle9
10-24-2008, 08:11 PM
its not bad, but not amazing either... only time will tell than

JRA
10-24-2008, 09:20 PM
Thoughts:

1) Tom Araya still looks like a stinky terrorist. Is he trying captured by the CIA? Still, his vocals sound better than ever, maybe they can start playing the Show No Mercy stuff in standard tuning again live? :eyes:

2) The riff sounds like a deviation from "Crypts Of Eternity," but I suppose that's better than anything they've done lately.

3) Jesus Lombardo, don't you get tired of playing that "super fast tempo" rhythm that you guys always do? Practically every fast song since 1988 sounds like that (yet it still isn't as fast as classic Dark Angel, figure that one out).

mankvill
10-24-2008, 10:40 PM
maybe they can start playing the Show No Mercy stuff in standard tuning again live?

:drool:

ravenheart
10-25-2008, 08:39 AM
Boring. Could be from absolutely any Slayer album.

God Hates Us All was an immense record. At least they were trying some different stuff on that one instead of trying to repeat the early albums again, and again, and again, which seems to be what everyone wants them to do.

Everyone seems to love Slayer when they're just playing something dull and fast, and hate them when they're doing something more interesting. Retarded.

JuuKun
10-25-2008, 08:40 AM
Standard Slayer fare, no going forward, no going backward. So I guess, on the whole, it's not BAD. But I'll wait until I hear the new album to give my full opinion.

Spiral_Slave
10-25-2008, 09:12 AM
I love God Hates Us All, and like Christ Illusion, so I'm sure I'll like this one.

DethMaiden
10-26-2008, 09:48 AM
I don't like anything post-Seasons. That's how you know I'm tr00.

mankvill
10-26-2008, 11:29 AM
I don't like anything post-Seasons. That's how you know I'm tr00.

:horns:

NO WAIT :flame:

Axis_Of_Metal
10-26-2008, 07:37 PM
So your saying only true slayer fans don't like anything Post-Seasons.....that that is a pretty shitty opinion. I Like CI, I loved God Hates.... and everything else I also love. However I am no god damn sheep. If there is something I do not like I won't listen to it. Can't wait for the album. People bitch when slayer doesn't change their sound and they bitch if they do.

mankvill
10-27-2008, 03:21 PM
moar:

http://release.theplatform.com/content.select?pid=Se_OCEZbhmHYiwdxanE870O2_OzDcoW W&UserName=Unknown

JRA
10-27-2008, 03:29 PM
Boring. Could be from absolutely any Slayer album.

God Hates Us All was an immense record. At least they were trying some different stuff on that one instead of trying to repeat the early albums again, and again, and again, which seems to be what everyone wants them to do.

Everyone seems to love Slayer when they're just playing something dull and fast, and hate them when they're doing something more interesting. Retarded.

The problem isn't that they aren't "sticking to their guns," the problem is that when they deviate, they happen to be doing something that follows the latest Hot Topic trend. For Diabolous In Musica it was Korn, and for God Hates Us All it was Slipknot (Ultraboris claimed that when he first heard the distorted vocal production he swore his hair turned orange and his pants baggified themselves).

Blitzkrieg Witchcraft
10-27-2008, 03:35 PM
Been a Slayer fan for 22 years and I like a lot of Post Seasons Slayer, but that just bores me. Same sounding crap as Christ Illusion. More rehash.

ADD
10-27-2008, 07:18 PM
As long as they have an excuse to tour it's cool, I still haven't seen them live :(

Sinfulsot
10-27-2008, 07:40 PM
I saw them at ozzfest w/ Priest. and i should have seen them when M. Manson opened for them. perhaps their next go around will be an even better bill...

Blitzkrieg Witchcraft
10-27-2008, 08:03 PM
I've only seen them 15 times. ;)

mankvill
10-27-2008, 08:27 PM
I've only seen them 15 times. ;)

Luuuuuckyyyyyy. Slayer was my first "arena" concert back in Feb. of 2007. Well, it was an auditorium. Close enough. Never headbanged (up to that point) so hard in my life as I did to Angel Of Death. And Silent Scream was bad ass.

Blitzkrieg Witchcraft
10-27-2008, 08:39 PM
not lucky. just been around long enough to see them that many times. :horns:

mankvill
10-28-2008, 04:39 PM
FULL SONG

http://pl.youtube.com/watch?v=gexA-Q_JpmM