PDA

View Full Version : Metallica -- Phoenix, AZ -- October 21st, 2008

maidenpriest
10-22-2008, 12:44 AM
Source:Me

Pretty good show. Stage show was amazing but I could barely hear the guitars. Quite a few people left early cause of the sound quality. It was pretty disappointing and kinda ruined songs like the Four Horsemen. James' mic was pretty freaking low as well at times. Still a damn good show. No Creeping Death or For Whom the Bell Tolls...:eyes: Down played for like 40 min, I wasnt too impressed with them, even though their last two songs (Stone the Crow and Bury Me In Smoke) were pretty good.

Intro: Ecstasy of Gold
1. That Was Just Your Life
2. End of the Line
3. Sad But True
4. Wherever I May Roam
5. One
6. Broken, Beat and Scarred
7. Cyanide
8. Frantic
9. Until it Sleeps
10. The Four Horsemen :rocker:
11. The Day That Never Comes
12. Master of Puppets :rocker:
13. Fight Fire with Fire :rocker:
14. Nothing Else Matters
15. Enter Sandman

Encore:
16. Last Caress
17. So What?
18. Seek and Destroy :rocker:

(sic)&disturbed
10-22-2008, 02:44 AM
According to Blabbermouth number 16 is Last Caress!

EchoesOfDecimation
10-22-2008, 07:09 AM
They have got to switch Until It Sleeps with Hero Of The Day.

nmazon
10-22-2008, 07:26 AM
pretty good set, but it could be better

switch frantic and nothig else matters with WHIPLASH and AINT MY BITCH

mankvill
10-22-2008, 07:41 AM
WHIPLASH and AINT MY BITCH

Whiplash, yes!

Ain't My Bitch...:eyes:

LoveInSlowMotion
10-22-2008, 12:05 PM
Needs Battery, and Ride the Lightning.

300%_Density
10-22-2008, 12:24 PM
Has anybody heard what the setlists are for Down or The Sword, I'm just as curious about them. Hopefully Metallica will get all this Black Album stuff out of their system by November for Tulsa. And that would have been awesome for Stone Cold Crazy but yea I read to it was Last Caress.

Fe Maiden
10-22-2008, 01:59 PM
I could barely hear the guitars. Quite a few people left early cause of the sound quality. It was pretty disappointing and kinda ruined songs I hate it when a show has poor sound quality!!!

metalmilitia54
10-22-2008, 02:20 PM
Fuck, sounds like a pretty damn good show. I hope they switch some songs around a bit for the tour, I'll be seeing them in both San Diego and Los Angeles and hopefully the sets aren't exactly the same.

I'd personally do away with Frantic and Until It Sleeps. I'd love Blackened, Battery, and Creeping Death in the setlist though!

rjturtle9
10-22-2008, 03:55 PM
ehh, i'll go home happy with this :)

andrew_metalhead
10-22-2008, 04:00 PM
meh

Why do people complain about the setlist?? :eyes:

Its obvious that everyone cannot be satisfied with the 15 songs they play out of the 100+ which they have recorded.

I saw them in May, and they played Battery, Ride the Lightning, Fuel, Memory Remains, Creeping Death among others which they are not playing this time. And I don't mind that. I would love to see some of the other songs which I haven't seen. So for me the list is great! :D

May be not for those who have never seen them.

300%_Density
10-22-2008, 11:38 PM
I couldn't agree more. Frankly it just seems like Metallica (in some people's eyes) are just easy to hate and pick apart. You can ask everyone on this board to name 15 Metallica songs to play and let's be honest nobody will be completely happy w/ everybody else's. When you are on top everybody wants to complain. I'm guessing that what they've done for the last 25 years has somehow been working. I am thankful anytime I can see them.

andrew_metalhead
10-23-2008, 12:36 AM
I couldn't agree more. Frankly it just seems like Metallica (in some people's eyes) are just easy to hate and pick apart. You can ask everyone on this board to name 15 Metallica songs to play and let's be honest nobody will be completely happy w/ everybody else's. When you are on top everybody wants to complain. I'm guessing that what they've done for the last 25 years has somehow been working. I am thankful anytime I can see them.

Hell yea! I saw them twice in space of 3 days in May and I loved it! I would go see them every time they play!

ADD
10-23-2008, 01:30 PM
Weak. Oh well maybe it'll get better as the tour goes on.

metal01
10-24-2008, 11:35 PM
Down played

hail the leaf
the path
lifer (dedicated to Dime)
stone the crow
lysergik
dying whore
n.o.d.
underneath everything
bury me in smoke