11. THE COMING CURSE!
12. I Walk Alone
13. Dracula
14. High Water Mark
Encore:
15. Melancholy
16. My Own Savior
17. Iced Earth

so as you can see they added The Coming Curse, I did not see that one coming at all and I completely lost it when they announced it. They dropped Hold At All Cost, and still no Come What May.

insipidzombie
10-17-2008, 08:25 AM
this is the best setlist i've seen from this tour. i'd much rather Coming Curse and Pure Evil over Come What May and Hold At All Cost.

What was Iced Earth thinking before, playing 2/3 of the Gettysburg trilogy and none of the Something Wicked trilogy?

Maiden33
10-17-2008, 11:12 AM
this is the best setlist i've seen from this tour. i'd much rather Coming Curse and Pure Evil over Come What May and Hold At All Cost.

What was Iced Earth thinking before, playing 2/3 of the Gettysburg trilogy and none of the Something Wicked trilogy?

Apparently you're not aware that Gettysburg is indefinitely superior to the Something Wicked trilogy?

SerpentineVIVIVI
10-17-2008, 11:43 AM
HOLY SHIT

I knew I should've gone to this! God DAMN IT.....COMING CURSE!!! PURE EVIL!!!!

:bouville:

Maiden33
10-17-2008, 11:55 AM
I honestly think I'm the only person who finds the old set list superior to this. I love Pure Evil and The Coming Curse but certainly prefer Hold at All Costs to both, and really think they just should've played Pure Evil instead of Stormrider in the old set. Also, Come What May is easily the best song on the quite mediocre new album.

Electric/Funeral55
10-17-2008, 02:41 PM
My Iced Earth review

I have been to many concert venues to see many, many hard rock and metal shows, however, the Nokia Theater is one of the best venues in New York City to see a metal concert. That is because the acoustics are amazing and the stage is big enough for the band to walk around and perform on. In addition the capacity of the room is astonishing. I was lucky enough to see Iced Earth last night supporting their new album, The Crucible Of Man (Something Wicked Part 2). The two opening acts were Saviours and Into Eternity.

Before I begin my review on all three bands, I must say that the shirts this time around were really well priced. I bought a tour T-shirt for twenty five dollars. I have not bought a shirt that cheap from a concert venue in a long time.

The first band to come on stage, Saviours which bored the life out of me. I could not understand the vocalist when he spoke but that could have been the PA systems fault, their stage presence was mediocre, and the songs they played dragged on way too long. They could have at least added a few covers to keep the crowed interested. I will cit them a break though since they are a new band on the block. I do hope they get better as time goes by.

Next up was Into Eternity. I listened to their newest album, The Incurable Tragedy a few hours prior to the concert and I was impressed of how much talent they have, however, what impressed me more was their live performance. It’s sad to see that they are still a support act but never the less though they are a band that gives one hundred percent when they perform live. Stu Block is an amazing singer. Another thing that earned them my respect is that all the money that goes towards merch sales is put into cancer research. FUCK CANCER!

Before Iced Earth took the stage, Eddie Trunk, a hard rock/metal DJ from Q.104.3 came on stage to present the band. I didn’t care because milk and cookies shot out of my nose as a group of people behind me and my friends were shouting, “FUCK YOU, YOU FAT FUCK!” , “NO ONE FUCKING CARES! ,” and “GET OFF THE FUCKING STAGE,”

Last but not least is the cream of the crop . . . ICED EARTH! This band was a site to behold last night as New York City Iced Earth fans welcomed the return of lead singer, Matt Barlow. The band was in top form and their performance was amazing to see. The backing band also did an excellent job performing the songs. What really surprised me was how well Matt sang the chosen songs from the Tim Owens era. Iced Earth is a band I would like to see again. I wonder what the next step is going to be for them album wise. Matt Barlow is back and I hope he is here to stay.

After we walked out side of the venue we took a picture with the bass player from INto Eternity, Troy Bleich.

Me, Kevin, and Chris with Troy Bleich from Into Eternity

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d41/Bunglick/DSCF1259.jpg

maidenpriest
10-17-2008, 04:04 PM
COMING CURSE!!! :D this is the set i want to see in AZ. i will take coming curse anyday for hold at all costs. no offense to some ppl on here but i think Hold At All Costs is the worse out of the Gettysburg trilogy. and something wicked is far superior musically imo.

question:how much do shirts cost and what designs do they have besides the album cover one? and does the album cover one have the dates on it?

Electric/Funeral55
10-17-2008, 04:36 PM
COMING CURSE!!! :D this is the set i want to see in AZ. i will take coming curse anyday for hold at all costs. no offense to some ppl on here but i think Hold At All Costs is the worse out of the Gettysburg trilogy. and something wicked is far superior musically imo.

question:how much do shirts cost and what designs do they have besides the album cover one? and does the album cover one have the dates on it?

The album cover shirts do have tour dates on the back.

Sinfulsot
10-18-2008, 01:36 AM
This is my 3rd Iced Earth show, the first with Barlow. Pure Evil was one of the highlights for me. i wasn't sure at first, and i had to run thru NotS in my head to figure it out.

Unlike some of you, this is the 2nd time i've seen Into Eternity. also on purpose. the sound this time around (1st supporting Sym X, same venue) lacked when they first got on, primarily the vocals.

Intro
Diagnosis Terminal
Beginning of the End
Severe Emotional Distress
Splintered Visions
Nothing (unsure, i thought they were going to play Out) (Which i would have preferred)
Time Immemorial
Crowd chant: FUCK CANCER
???? - totally unknown to me
tim roth's guitar replacement for the tour, Sean/Shaun Meyer/Mayer (don't know how he spells it) - guitar solo
Timeless Winter

Also for me, the whole bill was what i was psyched on, and that i was a little late kinda pissed me off. 7:30 and Saviours was playing. I kind of like their sound and do hope they do improve, a generic stoner that tends to drone. but i think i caught most of their set.

Maiden33
10-18-2008, 07:57 AM
The bassist from Into Eternity looks considerably like Vanilla Ice.

EchoesOfDecimation
10-18-2008, 11:30 AM
The bassist from Into Eternity looks considerably like Vanilla Ice.

Yes he does.

And Eddie Trunk sucks.