PDA

View Full Version : Earthless - Live At Roadburn

ravenheart
10-11-2008, 05:40 AM
Pretty sure in conversations about awesome stoner/groove bands Earthless have been mentioned before.

They're an instrumental trio from San Diego with two albums to date.

At the end of this month they're releasing a double live album called 'Live At Roadburn', recorded this past March at the Roadburn Festival in Holland. They were supposed to play a short set on a small stage but right at the last minute were put on the main stage and given longer to play.

Believe me when I say it is the most incredible thing I think I've ever heard. Two tracks (yes, one per disc) of unbelievable instrumental jamming. A big mashup of Hendrix, Blue Cheer, Pentagram, Cream, Gov't Mule, Mountain and all kinds of other shit.

It could have been put on one disc, since the first track is 47 minutes and the second is 36, but what the hell? It also comes on double LP where the jams are split into roughly the songs from their albums they incorporate.

Check them the fuck out if this is your kind of shit:

http://www.myspace.com/earthless

ADD
10-11-2008, 01:48 PM
Absolutely phenomenal band, can't wait to get this when it drops. Their music just oozes with that vibe of connection and pure joy for playing. Been meaning to see them live but never works out.