PDA

View Full Version : Dimmu Borgir -- Orlando, FL -- October 10th, 2008

Butcher of Birth
10-10-2008, 10:00 PM
:rocker: Great Show! Skeletonwitch was a GREAT opener, gonna buy their CD's for sure, Winds of Plauge was a let down (basically a 25 minute breakdown, singer didnt say one word to the crowd), Moonspell was top notch, solid 35 Minute Set. Stayed for Dimmu, only band I REALLY cared about, and left. Danzig, I don't care at all about him. Merch (Dimmu) was $25 for all Shirts, about 4-5 Designs, the DVD is also $25.

Dimmu Borgir:
Intro
Progenies of the Great Apocalypse
Vredesbyrd
The Serpentine Offering
The Sinister Awakening
Reptile
Kings of the Carnival Creation
Spellbound (By The Devil)
The Sacrilegious Scorn
Puritania
Mourning Palace
-Outro-
The Fallen Arises

Good 45-50 Minutes. Idk how Danzig can follow that, EVERYNIGHT!

EchoesOfDecimation
10-10-2008, 10:55 PM
Reptile must be awesome, and I'm glad to see they're keeping Puritania in their set.

MikeConnor123
10-11-2008, 08:43 AM
awesome dimmu set. im going to this on tuesday. any idea how much skeletonwitch shirts are going for?

Butcher of Birth
10-11-2008, 08:59 AM
awesome dimmu set. im going to this on tuesday. any idea how much skeletonwitch shirts are going for?

I think $20. they have this bad ass old-school shirt. White Shirt, Black Sleeves (Mid length like a baseball shirt) and the "Skeletonwitch" Logo in detressed Red.

They were awesome live! So Imprssed

JuuKun
10-11-2008, 09:58 AM
Does anyone have the Moonspell set?

Since I can't make Iced Earth next week cause of school-related issues :mad:, might as well see about going to this. But I'd mainly be going for Moonspell. So any chance anyone has the setlist?

woodydotexe
10-11-2008, 11:38 AM
Not as good as their setlist when they were headlining earlier this year, but still awesome.

Butcher of Birth
10-11-2008, 11:45 AM

Since I can't make Iced Earth next week cause of school-related issues :mad:, might as well see about going to this. But I'd mainly be going for Moonspell. So any chance anyone has the setlist?

I didn't catch their song names expect the last song was "From the 1996 Album" and they played one called "Alma Mater".

They were awesome though. So pleased, you will be too, all the Moonspell fans were happy, minus their set time.

mankvill
10-11-2008, 11:59 AM
BLARG I can't fucking wait. I'm going only for Skeletonwitch but Dimmu is gonna be awesome.

JuuKun
10-11-2008, 12:34 PM
I didn't catch their song names expect the last song was "From the 1996 Album" and they played one called "Alma Mater".

They were awesome though. So pleased, you will be too, all the Moonspell fans were happy, minus their set time.

Alright. So they close with something off Irreligious (Full Moon Madness, maybe), and they play Alma Mater.

Oh, hell, if I can get there I'm definitely going to go...

lakebod0m
10-11-2008, 01:40 PM

I'd guess it would be along the lines of these songs...Finisterra, Wolfshade, Opium, Memento Mori, Alma Mater, and Nocturna

hot_turkey_ed
10-11-2008, 01:46 PM
I would add Tormentor Of Christian Souls to that list. :2cents:

elven
10-11-2008, 02:54 PM
in Monterrey Mexico Dimmu were headliners, same setlist as above, but they also played master of disharmony, lepers among us, the maelstrom mephisto and the choosen legacy :)

Derelict
10-11-2008, 03:35 PM
Seen moonspell quite a few times on various tours, their setlist is generally the same every time

Alot of songs off of whatever their new album is
Usually one or two off of their second most recent album
Opium
Full Moon Madness
Vampiria
Alma Mater

Butcher of Birth
10-11-2008, 06:10 PM
I would add Tormentor Of Christian Souls to that list. :2cents:

Oh man, if they would have played that! I still love how the lyrics are printed in the Album Booklet! Such a great and Brutal song! :rocker:

JuuKun
10-11-2008, 10:17 PM
Alright, so I went out and bought the CD/DVD version of "Night Eternal" tonight.

Yeah, I'm only halfway through the first song of the Wacken footage, and I've as good as bought my ticket already.

hot_turkey_ed
10-11-2008, 10:19 PM
Oh man, if they would have played that! I still love how the lyrics are printed in the Album Booklet! Such a great and Brutal song! :rocker:

From Dark Lyrics (http://www.darklyrics.com/lyrics/dimmuborgir/enthronedarknesstriumphant.html#6):

I could drag you to my chambers
And strip you naked in darkness
I could pull your fingernails out one by one
And rape you till you find no hope

I could rip your guts out
And let you watch me
Sacrifice your unborn child
I could leave you to starve
And even bring you to total silence
...but I won't

For I find no pleasure in your physical pain
I want your Christian soul to crumble

Your fucking soul

When I have seen your church go up in flames
And you are weeping I will laugh
When I have seen you mourn over loved ones
I will feel bliss when your mortal soul is in ruins

I will grin in the shadows
For that gives me pleasure...
...tormenting a Christian soul

:ugly: :ugly: :ugly:

MikeConnor123
10-12-2008, 09:28 AM
does anyone have any idea when this show is over? or at least what time dimmu is done?

Butcher of Birth
10-12-2008, 10:43 AM
does anyone have any idea when this show is over? or at least what time dimmu is done?

Yes around 10:15 for Dimmu.

And I already knew the lyrics hot_turkey_ed, but thanks anyway :D

Derelict
10-12-2008, 12:38 PM
Alright, so I went out and bought the CD/DVD version of "Night Eternal" tonight.

Yeah, I'm only halfway through the first song of the Wacken footage, and I've as good as bought my ticket already.

If you look closely at the crowd during the wacken set, you can see my dying of sun exposure

hot_turkey_ed
10-12-2008, 12:44 PM
Yes around 10:15 for Dimmu.

And I already knew the lyrics hot_turkey_ed, but thanks anyway :D

They were for everyone else's benefit. :D

girnny777
10-12-2008, 01:11 PM
Hey everybody, I'm going to see this show in a few days and could someone tell me if they've kept In Death's Embrace in the set? Don't want to spoil it or I would just look myself.

hot_turkey_ed
10-12-2008, 01:46 PM
Hey everybody, I'm going to see this show in a few days and could someone tell me if they've kept In Death's Embrace in the set? Don't want to spoil it or I would just look myself.

Not from this report. Dimmu doesn't seem to mix it up much, so it doesn't bode well for that song.

Butcher of Birth
10-12-2008, 01:55 PM
They were for everyone else's benefit. :D

haha very good then! Cheers!

nmazon
10-12-2008, 05:06 PM
im goin mostly for danzig

the other bands i have herd a couple of their biggest songs and i think theyre pretty tite but im really hoping for danzig' setlist to blow me away:rocker: