PDA

View Full Version : The "We hardly knew ye thread"

JRA
10-04-2008, 12:50 PM
So in this little afterschool club that Pavo has thrown together, we've had some people that have come and gone. This is more of a thread geared toward us older folks who remember those who have "gone" from the metalsetlists.

Allan
Bouville
Maideneer
Hecho (though he still kinda pops up)
KerryKingsBeard
lokia
FerociousWillie
Overkiller (who am I kidding, he's done with this place)
KillYourFace
Nemesis
hot_turkey_ed :wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf:

I'm sure this is hardly everyone. So don't hesitate to drop others!

mankvill
10-04-2008, 01:17 PM
All I know is that Bouville has a sweet smiley.

:bouville:

:(

SomewhereInTime72
10-04-2008, 01:25 PM
Seriously, where have Allan and Bouville gone? :( Also, KerryKingsBeard has been absent from here for a while too. If only they'd not abandoned our fair little town... :snivel:

DethMaiden
10-04-2008, 01:34 PM
Brady and Addi are extremely sporadic but I don't think they count.

WHERE IS BOUVILLE :snivel:

Div
10-04-2008, 01:53 PM
i wasnt here too long to see allan post much, but when he either posting "omg hilarious" pictures of hillary clinton and mike dukakis, or spewing republican propaganda. im sure he was a nice guy but that kinda left a bad taste behind.

JRA
10-04-2008, 02:15 PM
Seriously, where have Allan and Bouville gone? :( Also, KerryKingsBeard has been absent from here for a while too. If only they'd not abandoned our fair little town... :snivel:

Shit, I forgot about him! Although I do see him online though I never talk to him. I feel like an ass. :eyes:

Yea, ADD still comes back here and there, and Brady, well he claims he checks on the board without logging in. So I can't exactly file them under "gone."

All I know is that Bouville has a sweet smiley.

:bouville:

Strangely enough, I think this suits him more. :blaze:

Spiral_Slave
10-04-2008, 02:15 PM

I was gonna mention Overkiller, he seems to have pretty much dissapeared.

SirLardsAlot
10-04-2008, 06:17 PM
Lokia hasn't been in here in a long time.

DethMaiden
10-04-2008, 06:22 PM

True.

JRA
10-04-2008, 06:38 PM

Isn't that Pavo's wife?

es156
10-04-2008, 07:22 PM
Isn't that Pavo's wife?

No, he is single (as far as I know). But they are friends.

powerslave_85
10-04-2008, 07:23 PM
According to Pavo, Allan has pretty much cut all ties with metal.

Maiden33
10-04-2008, 07:33 PM
I was gonna mention Overkiller, he seems to have pretty much dissapeared.

Same.

hot_turkey_ed
10-04-2008, 07:53 PM
Isn't that Pavo's wife?

Lokia is actually playing our pick 'em game. No, she is not my wife.

Allan is probably completely out of metal at this point. I'm pretty sure Bouville is back in Peru although we lost contact a long time ago.

Hecho is still around. I usually see him when Maiden or Priest come around the Southland.

ADD? Many of us have known him since he was a thirteen year old Megadeth fanboy. He's damn near grown up on us.

As much we may miss some of our older members, I'm pretty happy with the number of new members we're getting. People come and go. That's cool. N00bs and veterans are posting new set lists every day. A number of people (like Manvkill and ravenheart) have really stepped their contributions to metalsetlists -- really to metaldom because that's we're all about.

hot_turkey_ed
10-04-2008, 07:59 PM
No, he is single (as far as I know). But they are friends.

No ball and chain has tied me down yet, although two young ladies got pretty damn close. No, Lokia wasn't one of them; we've never dated. She's just a good friend. That's all.

hot_turkey_ed
10-04-2008, 08:01 PM
i wasnt here too long to see allan post much, but when he either posting "omg hilarious" pictures of hillary clinton and mike dukakis, or spewing republican propaganda. im sure he was a nice guy but that kinda left a bad taste behind.

Allan is a great guy. I had the pleasure of enjoying his hospitality at Ozzfest 2005 in Devore. We hit a couple of other concert in the southland as well.

SirLardsAlot
10-04-2008, 08:01 PM
Lokia is actually playing our pick 'em game. No, she is not my wife.Oh cool :D

Allan is probably completely out of metal at this point.That's a shame, Allan was a great guy. Next time / If you see him, tell him I said whats up.

I'm pretty sure Bouville is back in Peru although we lost contact a long time ago.:(

Hecho is still around. I usually see him when Maiden or Priest come around the Southland.I love Oscar :D

ADD? Many of us have known him since he was a thirteen year old Megadeth fanboy. He's damn near grown up on us.Yeah, it's weird when you think about it. I mean, we've all known each other for so long, we've grown up with each other, though many of us do not actually "know" each other. I've known Addi since he was 13, many of you guys have known me since I was 15. Now we're old :(

As much we may miss some of our older members, I'm pretty happy with the number of new members we're getting. People come and go. That's cool. N00bs and veterans are posting new set lists every day. A number of people (like Manvkill and ravenheart) have really stepped their contributions to metalsetlists -- really to metaldom because that's we're all about.Yeah, I really like our regulars of today, however it'd be nice if the old schoolers were still here.

hot_turkey_ed
10-04-2008, 08:03 PM
Shit, I forgot about him! Although I do see him online though I never talk to him. I feel like an ass. :eyes:

Yea, ADD still comes back here and there, and Brady, well he claims he checks on the board without logging in. So I can't exactly file them under "gone."

Strangely enough, I think this suits him more. :blaze:

Trust, :bouville: was right for him.

Blaze is probably the biggest victim regarding greener pastures for Allan and Bouville. Perhaps, Blaze is no longer their messiah... ;)

SirLardsAlot
10-04-2008, 08:06 PM
Allan is a great guy. I had the pleasure of enjoying his hospitality at Ozzfest 2005 in Devore. We hit a couple of other concert in the southland as well.

Hehe, some of my fondest memories of all of us were pre-MetalSetlists, back on the IMBB. Every night around miidnight (EST), Pavo would start up a "Now Playing" thread, and the only people that would post in it were me, Pavo, Heco, Allan (then Lightbearer), Bouville, Powerslave_85, ADD, TP, and then big IMBB people that never came here like Khan, Lew, Chimera, Tony the Tiger, and Cyrus. And we'd just post whatever we playing, but it was like a hang out spot too.

Ahhh good times :party:

hot_turkey_ed
10-04-2008, 08:08 PM
Oh cool :D

That's a shame, Allan was a great guy. Next time / If you see him, tell him I said whats up.

I love Oscar :D

Yeah, it's weird when you think about it. I mean, we've all known each other for so long, we've grown up with each other, though many of us do not actually "know" each other. I've known Addi since he was 13, many of you guys have known me since I was 15. Now we're old :(

Yeah, I really like our regulars of today, however it'd be nice if the old schoolers were still here.

Just because you are no longer a whiny teenager, it doesn't make a old fuck. :fingers:

I miss many of our original members because many of the friendships went offline onto the rails and into the pits of many a concert. I'm pretty open about my concert experiences but the best stories are the ones that will NEVER get told on the internet.

SomewhereInTime72
I miss the old IMBB. :(

JRA
Lokia is actually playing our pick 'em game. No, she is not my wife.

Allan is probably completely out of metal at this point. I'm pretty sure Bouville is back in Peru although we lost contact a long time ago.

Hecho is still around. I usually see him when Maiden or Priest come around the Southland.

ADD? Many of us have known him since he was a thirteen year old Megadeth fanboy. He's damn near grown up on us.

As much we may miss some of our older members, I'm pretty happy with the number of new members we're getting. People come and go. That's cool. N00bs and veterans are posting new set lists every day. A number of people (like Manvkill and ravenheart) have really stepped their contributions to metalsetlists -- really to metaldom because that's we're all about.

FYI I got the wife idea from a picture of you two at Disneyland (at least I thought it was you two).

I respect Allan's decision, but what does "cut all ties with metal" even mean? Doesn't listen to it anymore, doesn't actively follow it? The former somewhat worries me as it makes me wonder if I would eventually grow out of it, which would kinda suck, considering I've been wasting many, many, years on it.

I never knew Bouville moved back to Peru. Last I heard he was in Texas.

ADD was a Megadeth fanboy? I don't ever remember that. I haven't declared dead in the water him just yet, cos he has shown up recently.

Completely agree on the new people. This thread was by no means an insult to them. I was just missing some people.

Shit, I forgot about FerociousWillie and KillYourFace!

SirLardsAlot
10-04-2008, 08:10 PM

Me too. There are still alot of big names that still post on the IMOC. Khan is an admin, TP is still one of the top posters, Lew still posts there alot.

hot_turkey_ed
10-04-2008, 08:10 PM
Hehe, some of my fondest memories of all of us were pre-MetalSetlists, back on the IMBB. Every night around miidnight (EST), Pavo would start up a "Now Playing" thread, and the only people that would post in it were me, Pavo, Heco, Allan (then Lightbearer), Bouville, Powerslave_85, ADD, TP, and then big IMBB people that never came here like Khan, Lew, Chimera, Tony the Tiger, and Cyrus. And we'd just post whatever we playing, but it was like a hang out spot too.

Ahhh good times :party:

Nemesis (under a different name) was a big part of that IMBB crew. Those were pretty good times. :fist:

Maiden33
10-04-2008, 08:11 PM
Yeah, it's weird when you think about it. I mean, we've all known each other for so long, we've grown up with each other, though many of us do not actually "know" each other. I've known Addi since he was 13, many of you guys have known me since I was 15. Now we're old :(

How true. I hadn't really thought about that until right now. I joined the Maiden board when I was 13. It is just kind of weird to think it was really that long ago and I've known you all for sooo long and never met any of you, despite attending many similar shows. Hell I almost traveled 1,100 miles to go to a show with "other" Jeff (SpiralSlave), but it turned out for the better in the end. I have met Bloodcurse personally as he doesn't live too far from me and has attended shows my band has played. I've talked to a few of you in other forms (AIM, Facebook, Myspace), but I don't think I've ever met up with anyone else, despite attending several similar shows (a lot of our board is northeast/New Jersey/NYC-based). But yeah, what you said is totally true.

SirLardsAlot
10-04-2008, 08:11 PM

FerociousWillie is playing in the Football Pick 'Em.

KillYourFace checks here from time to time.

Maiden33
10-04-2008, 08:12 PM

Seconded.

SirLardsAlot
10-04-2008, 08:13 PM
Nemesis (under a different name) was a big part of that IMBB crew. Those were pretty good times. :fist:

Oh yeah, how could I forget! What the heck was her name again? It was a 4 letter word, German for 'toad', haha. I forget what though :-P

JRA
10-04-2008, 08:13 PM
I miss many of our original members because many of the friendships went offline onto the rails and into the pits of many a concert. I'm pretty open about my concert experiences but the best stories are the ones that will NEVER get told on the internet.

That's friggin easy for you to say, with me being stuck all by my lonesome up in the fucking Northeast/middle of the country. :mad:

SirLardsAlot
10-04-2008, 08:15 PM
How true. I hadn't really thought about that until right now. I joined the Maiden board when I was 13. It is just kind of weird to think it was really that long ago and I've known you all for sooo long and never met any of you, despite attending many similar shows. Hell I almost traveled 1,100 miles to go to a show with "other" Jeff (SpiralSlave), but it turned out for the better in the end. I have met Bloodcurse personally as he doesn't live too far from me and has attended shows my band has played. I've talked to a few of you in other forms (AIM, Facebook, Myspace), but I don't think I've ever met up with anyone else, despite attending several similar shows (a lot of our board is northeast/New Jersey/NYC-based). But yeah, what you said is totally true.

Yeah. Me, Overkiller, and KillYourFace have known each other since like 7th grade. I've known Div since I started college 3 years ago.

Next gig we're both at, we'll have to meet up.

Maiden33
10-04-2008, 08:17 PM
Yeah. Me, Overkiller, and KillYourFace have known each other since like 7th grade. I've known Div since I started college 3 years ago.

Next gig we're both at, we'll have to meet up.

Sure. The only issue for me (and why this has probably not happened already), is because I'm usual anal about being up front. If I love a band and a show has GA, you can bet I'm there 3+ hours before doors/gates to ensure my spot. But every now and then I'll have seats or lawn tickets, or rarely just won't care about being up front. But that'd be great when the opportunity presents itself.

hot_turkey_ed
10-04-2008, 08:17 PM
FYI I got the wife idea from a picture of you two at Disneyland (at least I thought it was you two).

I respect Allan's decision, but what does "cut all ties with metal" even mean? Doesn't listen to it anymore, doesn't actively follow it? The former somewhat worries me as it makes me wonder if I would eventually grow out of it, which would kinda suck, considering I've been wasting many, many, years on it.

I never knew Bouville moved back to Peru. Last I heard he was in Texas.

ADD was a Megadeth fanboy? I don't ever remember that. I haven't declared dead in the water him just yet, cos he has shown up recently.

Completely agree on the new people. This thread was by no means an insult to them. I was just missing some people.

I can't speak about Allan anymore than I have. It's nothing that bad but I don't have any kind of permission to spill details of his personal life in the public.

Don't worry about growing out of metal. I'd hate to think you'd remain the person you are for the next two decades. My perspective and passion has evolved; I would expect yours will too.

Maiden33
10-04-2008, 08:20 PM
Oh, and I am eternally grateful to the old IMBB for introducing me to the 2nd love of my life... Savatage.

I remember it like it was yesterday:
Initially turned off by the song Hall of the Mountain King, I bore no interest in the band until a thread from someone asked for Savatage recommendations, and someone said: "For people who don't like Jon Oliva, go with Edge of Thorns"... which I then sampled online, and bought immediately. Little did I know over the 6 months from that period they would easily evolve into my 2nd favorite band of all time, miles and miles ahead of 3rd... and emotionally more important to me than even #1.

hot_turkey_ed
10-04-2008, 08:21 PM
I'm sure I'm not alone in this. My number source for new metal is right here from all of you.

Maiden33
10-04-2008, 08:24 PM
I'm sure I'm not alone in this. My number source for new metal is right here from all of you.

Definitely not for me. Not an insult to anyone here, I just don't have a lot of common ground with people here beyond the more "central" bands (ie Maiden, Queensryche, Dio, Savatage, Judas Priest, and basic power and prog metal)
My #1 source for new music is www.metal-archives.com
I will find myself caught in the labyrinth of that site for an hour just discovering interesting projects members of bands I already like were involved in.

JRA
10-04-2008, 08:27 PM
I can't speak about Allan anymore than I have. It's nothing that bad but I don't have any kind of permission to spill details of his personal life in the public.

Don't worry about growing out of metal. I'd hate to think you'd remain the person you are for the next two decades. My perspective and passion has evolved; I would expect yours will too.

Yea but sometimes in order to evolve certain shit has to get left behind right?

Question regarding you folks and the IMBB. How many of you were surfing that shit back in 2001? That was the old IMBB. They had a parody lyrics section, photo captioning contests, monthly quizzes with prizepacks, that place was the fuckin shit! I don't think there was ever a better time to become a new Maiden fan than 2000-2002. I was a real fucktard back then though. I post a dream setlist of the band doing like 50 songs (this was after BNW), then everybody was looking at me like "are you fuckin nuts?" and I got all butthurt. :lol: Then for whatever reason their server crashed and I didn't know it was up and running again until 2003.

I also miss the Iron Maiden Commentary. What the hell happened to that place? I was waiting forever for a tour report of AMOLAD and it never came. Even though news appears on the mainsite all the damn time.

Maiden33
10-04-2008, 08:29 PM

Question regarding you folks and the IMBB. How many of you were surfing that shit back in 2001? That was the old IMBB. That shit had a parody lyrics section, photo captioning, a bunch of other things I don't remember. Then for whatever reason their server crashed and I didn't know it was up and running again until 2003.

Nope. I joined in like June 2003.

hot_turkey_ed
10-04-2008, 08:30 PM
Definitely not for me. Not an insult to anyone here, I just don't have a lot of common ground with people here beyond the more "central" bands (ie Maiden, Queensryche, Dio, Savatage, Judas Priest, and basic power and prog metal)
My #1 source for new music is www.metal-archives.com
I will find myself caught in the labyrinth of that site for an hour just discovering interesting projects members of bands I already like were involved in.

There are the central bands, of course, but then there are the bands like 3 Inches Of Blood (back when they could provide support to headliners), Amorphis, Anathema, etc that would have not crossed my path without a little prodding here and there. There was a time when Edguy wasn't exactly a household word here either. The Now Playing threads have told me quite a bit too.

Maiden33
10-04-2008, 08:33 PM
Does anyone remember an old IMBB member that went by the username of PntGiven?

hot_turkey_ed
10-04-2008, 08:36 PM

Question regarding you folks and the IMBB. How many of you were surfing that shit back in 2001? That was the old IMBB. That shit had a parody lyrics section, photo captioning contests, monthly quizzes, a bunch of other things I don't remember. That place was the fuckin shit! I was a real fucktard back then though. I post a dream setlist of the band doing like 50 songs (this was after BNW), then everybody was looking at me like "are you fuckin nuts?" and I got all butthurt. :lol: Then for whatever reason their server crashed and I didn't know it was up and running again until 2003.

I also miss the Iron Maiden Commentary. What the fuck happened to that place? I was waiting for ever for a tour report of AMOLAD and it never came. Even though news appears on the mainsite all the damn time.

I don't know that I would necessarily say that one must leave their music behind to evolve. One could instead find new ways to appreciate it part of the new you.

I lurked on the IMBB in 2001. I don't think I started posting there until the summer of 2003 around the time of Gimme Ed.

SirLardsAlot
10-04-2008, 10:14 PM
Does anyone remember an old IMBB member that went by the username of PntGiven?

Brett, yup :D He's on AIM right now, just IMed him for the first time in years, haha.

powerslave_85
10-04-2008, 10:36 PM
Speaking of which, Scott needs to get his ass back here. He hasn't been around in a long time. I still hear from Nancy (Chimaera) from time to time through Myspace and the AFI board.

SomewhereInTime72
10-04-2008, 11:27 PM
I remember joining the IMBB sometime in 2004, and I used to think ADD's every Megadeth album cover avatar was the motherfucking shit. Also if it weren't for Brad spamming his love for Mindcrime sometime in 2004, I'd never have gotten into Queensryche, one of my favorite bands to this day. :cool:

Edit: If I had the money, I'd love to be on the IMFC board, because it seems like a lot of people I haven't seen in like 2 years are still there. :(

SirLardsAlot
10-05-2008, 07:07 AM
Speaking of which, Scott needs to get his ass back here. He hasn't been around in a long time. I still hear from Nancy (Chimaera) from time to time through Myspace and the AFI board.I love Scott :D Is Nancy still the grumpiest person on the Earth?

Edit: If I had the money, I'd love to be on the IMFC board, because it seems like a lot of people I haven't seen in like 2 years are still there. :(Honestly, the IMFC boards suck. Yes, there are still some cool old school people that post there, but there are far too many people that are just stupid as hell that post there now.

DethMaiden
10-05-2008, 07:17 AM
I remember joining the IMBB sometime in 2004, and I used to think ADD's every Megadeth album cover avatar was the motherfucking shit. Also if it weren't for Brad spamming his love for Mindcrime sometime in 2004, I'd never have gotten into Queensryche, one of my favorite bands to this day. :cool:

:party: :party: :lol: Yeah, my avatar was the cover of Mindcrime with "<----Best Album of All Time" as my user title.

I miss the IMBB, too. :snivel:

DethMaiden
10-05-2008, 07:20 AM
Anyone remember 7th Frog from the IMBB? I posted a "Blind Guardian recommendations?" thread in 2003 and he mailed me a copy of Nightfall in Middle-Earth for free. That guy was awesome, haha.

SirLardsAlot
10-05-2008, 07:25 AM
Anyone remember 7th Frog from the IMBB? I posted a "Blind Guardian recommendations?" thread in 2003 and he mailed me a copy of Nightfall in Middle-Earth for free. That guy was awesome, haha.Vaguely remember the name. You guys remember Triumph_The_Dog? When the No More Lies EP came out, he got like 5 of them. He had a contest ... 'Name my favorite baseball team' ... I remember he had said it before, so I posted it right away. Sent me one of the EP's for free :D

DethMaiden
10-05-2008, 08:15 AM
Vaguely remember the name. You guys remember Triumph_The_Dog? When the No More Lies EP came out, he got like 5 of them. He had a contest ... 'Name my favorite baseball team' ... I remember he had said it before, so I posted it right away. Sent me one of the EP's for free :D

Haha, that's awesome. I remember the insane rush to acquire those when they were announced. I preordered mine the first day you could. IMBBers loved Maiden like no one else could.

es156
10-05-2008, 09:49 AM
Speaking of which, Scott needs to get his ass back here. He hasn't been around in a long time. I still hear from Nancy (Chimaera) from time to time through Myspace and the AFI board.

He was on last night. He just doesn't post much anymore.

:party: :party: :lol: Yeah, my avatar was the cover of Mindcrime with "<----Best Album of All Time" as my user title.

I remember that! :fist:

Vaguely remember the name. You guys remember Triumph_The_Dog? When the No More Lies EP came out, he got like 5 of them. He had a contest ... 'Name my favorite baseball team' ... I remember he had said it before, so I posted it right away. Sent me one of the EP's for free :D

Triumph posted here for awhile using the name Larry Horse. I have seen him a number of times, including at this year's Metal Masters show in Chicago. Nice guy.

Maiden33
10-05-2008, 10:01 AM
Brett, yup :D He's on AIM right now, just IMed him for the first time in years, haha.

Nice. He's still on my buddy list, haven't talked to him for quite a while though. He used to be like my most-frequently-talked-to person from the whole group. I should probably get back in touch with him.

JRA
10-05-2008, 10:58 AM
I've definitely seen Scott fairly recently.

Maybe he wanted to GTFO quick before he felt the sting of our pimp hand. :eyes:

ADD
10-06-2008, 10:13 PM
Haha nah I'm still kickin, just been busying with school and life and stuff. I might not post too much anymore but I'm still into the same shit :D Good times remembering all the old school days in this thread, damn it really has been a part of my life for the last like 6 years almost.

EvilCheeseWedge
10-07-2008, 08:03 AM
Lots of good folks have come and gone. I need to drop in more often than I do... but I have to say, I'm glad Ed opened this place up, because imo it's definitely the closest thing to the original IMBB spirit... well, minus all the asshatery and insane amount of trolling. Although I'm working on the asshatery part ;)

Fe Maiden
10-07-2008, 12:55 PM
Allan has pretty much cut all ties with metal.How exactly does one do that? Do you just wake up one day and decide to leave all metal out of your life? I just don't get it!

Div
10-07-2008, 01:09 PM
How exactly does one do that? Do you just wake up one day and decide to leave all metal out of your life? I just don't get it!

maybe hes got a really butch wife :whipped:

SnakeCharmer
10-16-2008, 01:11 AM

Question regarding you folks and the IMBB. How many of you were surfing that shit back in 2001? That was the old IMBB. They had a parody lyrics section, photo captioning contests, monthly quizzes with prizepacks, that place was the fuckin shit! I don't think there was ever a better time to become a new Maiden fan than 2000-2002. I was a real fucktard back then though. I post a dream setlist of the band doing like 50 songs (this was after BNW), then everybody was looking at me like "are you fuckin nuts?" and I got all butthurt. :lol: Then for whatever reason their server crashed and I didn't know it was up and running again until 2003.

I also miss the Iron Maiden Commentary. What the hell happened to that place? I was waiting forever for a tour report of AMOLAD and it never came. Even though news appears on the mainsite all the damn time.

I joined back in 98/99 around the time of the demise of the VXI tour and the reunion of Bruce and the subsequent Reunion Tour. It seems so long ago now. I used to go by the name icarus78. I remember such posters as Demonspell, Wyld Styllns and Master of the Blind who had a "bard's guild" thread for all those who were really into Blind Guardian back then, it was just around the release of Nightfall on Middle-Earth. I also remember the Manowar threads and all that funny nonsense that propped up in like 01, 02 or 03.

I was glad that Ed came up with Metalsetlists when the IMBB really went south and though I rarely post (I finished up my MBA, got married, etc) I keep up with the goings on in here and the tours.

Speaking of which, Ed, you seeing Iced Earth?

hot_turkey_ed
10-16-2008, 03:12 AM
I joined back in 98/99 around the time of the demise of the VXI tour and the reunion of Bruce and the subsequent Reunion Tour. It seems so long ago now. I used to go by the name icarus78. I remember such posters as Demonspell, Wyld Styllns and Master of the Blind who had a "bard's guild" thread for all those who were really into Blind Guardian back then, it was just around the release of Nightfall on Middle-Earth. I also remember the Manowar threads and all that funny nonsense that propped up in like 01, 02 or 03.

I was glad that Ed came up with Metalsetlists when the IMBB really went south and though I rarely post (I finished up my MBA, got married, etc) I keep up with the goings on in here and the tours.

Speaking of which, Ed, you seeing Iced Earth?

I doubt it... I'm trying to get excited about them but I'm just not there yet.

You got MARRIED?! I can just imagine the black metal wedding... :lol:

Nemesis
10-17-2008, 04:02 AM
So in this little afterschool club that Pavo has thrown together, we've had some people that have come and gone. This is more of a thread geared toward us older folks who remember those who have "gone" from the metalsetlists.

Allan
Bouville
I miss the two guys a lot. Their absence is one of the main reasons why I rarely post these days. Nevertheless I haven't completely gone. I mostly pop in once or twice per day, but that's when you 'wrong time zoners' are busy with sleeping.

Oh yeah, how could I forget! What the heck was her name again? It was a 4 letter word, German for 'toad', haha. I forget what though :-PUnke.

SnakeCharmer
10-18-2008, 02:18 AM
I doubt it... I'm trying to get excited about them but I'm just not there yet.

You got MARRIED?! I can just imagine the black metal wedding... :lol:

I didnt like the latest album but the chance to see Barlow is too good to pass up.

LOL. No black metal wedding. Beach, Sunset, pretty perfect. :D

Sinfulsot
10-18-2008, 07:26 AM
... but I have to say, I'm glad Ed opened this place up, because imo it's definitely the closest thing to the original IMBB spirit... well, minus all the asshatery and insane amount of trolling. Although I'm working on the asshatery part ;)

I never knew the IMBB, past or present, and the draw for me to this forum is that it's about the heavy metal music (almost) regardless of subgenre.

Maiden33
10-20-2008, 03:15 PM
Anyone remember this?
http://usera.imagecave.com/Marley/fabio.jpg

:D

ChildrenofSodom
10-20-2008, 05:13 PM
Is that....hair?

JRA
10-20-2008, 07:18 PM
Anyone remember this?
http://usera.imagecave.com/Marley/fabio.jpg

:D

Barely. Wasn't there a female tribute band called wom-o-war?

Sinfulsot
10-21-2008, 07:21 AM
Barely. Wasn't there a female tribute band called wom-o-war?

and there is a manowar parody band called Nanowar. now they are called Nanowar of Steel. maybe they caught shit for it. their last album was called "other bands play Nanowar gay!" the cover is four muscle guys dressed as four of the five members of the Village people parodying Manowar's Fighting the World album cover.

zgodt
11-05-2008, 08:51 PM

I love Scott :D Is Nancy still the grumpiest person on the Earth?

Honestly, the IMFC boards suck. Yes, there are still some cool old school people that post there, but there are far too many people that are just stupid as hell that post there now.

:)

JRA
07-05-2010, 08:35 PM
Nercomanced and I'm declaring hot_turkey_ed dead in the water until he posts frequently enough that I can recognize him as a poster again.

Also, I declare this post irrelevant, as the Iron Maiden Commentary is back on its feet and doing just fine. :D :party:

powerslave_85
07-05-2010, 08:43 PM
Ah, this thread brings back memories. I can barely remember people's usernames from the old IMBB anymore :(

makethemsuffer12
07-06-2010, 07:08 AM
Nercomanced

:hmm:

JRA
07-06-2010, 09:15 AM
:hmm:

I was just thinking that Maiden33 should contribute some type of band picture or gif or something converted into a smiley for occasions like these.