PDA

View Full Version : Amon Amarth -- Los Angeles, CA -- October 2nd, 2008

insipidzombie
10-03-2008, 12:15 AM
I just got back from the show. This setlist is 100% correct.

AMON AMARTH
01. Twilight of the Thunder God
02. Free Will Sacrifice
03. Asator
04. North Sea Storm
05. Where Silent Guards Stand Guard
06. Guardians of Asgaard
07. Runes to My Memory
08. Amon Amarth
09. Death in Fire
10. Where Is Your God?
11. Gods of War Arise
-------
Encore:
12. Cry of the Black Birds
13. The Pursuit of Vikings

I was disappointed that Tattered Banners & Bloody Flags was cut out. Perhaps Anaheim got a longer set because The Absence and Belphegor were not on the bill. Or maybe it was because the show had to end at 10:30 sharp so the club (the Avalon) could be used as a nightclub at 11:00.

I have most of Ensiferum's setlist. I'm just not sure what they opened with.

ENSIFERUM
Ad Victoriam (intro)
01. Blood is the Price of Glory
02. Tale of Revenge
03. Ahti
04. Treacherous Gods
05. Windrider
06. One More Magic Potion
07. Hero in a Dream

Altmer7989
10-03-2008, 01:33 AM
That is one fucking badass Amon Amarth setlist. Cry of the Black Birds? Wicked! I want to see that live.

I hope they have room for that when I see them on the unholy alliance here.

TonyD
10-03-2008, 02:21 AM
That is one fucking badass Amon Amarth setlist. Cry of the Black Birds? Wicked! I want to see that live.

I hope they have room for that when I see them on the unholy alliance here.

They only play it... every time

Spiral_Slave
10-03-2008, 03:43 AM
God damn that's an awesome Amon Amarth set. The Ensiferum one looks solid too, I'm guessing they probably opened with " Iron. "

LoveInSlowMotion
10-03-2008, 09:07 AM
I would byfar rather they drop Guardians of Asgaard than Tattered Banners.

insipidzombie
10-03-2008, 09:46 AM
I would byfar rather they drop Guardians of Asgaard than Tattered Banners.

I agree. Tattered might be my favorite song on the new album

LoveInSlowMotion
10-03-2008, 10:02 AM
Fuck yeah. The only other I feel is on the same level is the title track, which just has an incredible epic feel to it.

sixhundredand66
10-03-2008, 11:21 AM
the Ensiferum set is a little short, was hoping for some more stuff from the first album. Amon Amarth setlist is decent.

insipidzombie
10-03-2008, 11:25 AM
the Ensiferum set is a little short, was hoping for some more stuff from the first album. Amon Amarth setlist is decent.

i would have loved a longer Ensiferum set. But their 35 or so minutes is pretty standard for a direct support act

Altmer7989
10-03-2008, 12:40 PM
They only play it... every time

I'm seeing them as a support act, so I don't know if they are keeping that for a shorter set.

lakebod0m
10-03-2008, 01:15 PM
So stoked to see this tonight.:party: Ensiferum probably opened with Iron or Blood Is The Price of Glory. Sucks they aren't playing Lai Lai Hei :(

JuuKun
10-03-2008, 01:17 PM
It's a good set because, well, come the fuck on, it's Amon Amarth, it can't be a bad set - but this is WAY too centered on the latest two albums. Great albums, but...

North Sea Storm + Amon Amarth + Where Silent Gods Stand Guard = WIN!!
The Pursuit of Vikings closing instead of Death in Fire = FAIL (I know they've been doing this for awhile now, but Death in Fire is SUCH a better encore closer. Close the main set with Pursuit if you have to)
No "Victorious March" = EPIC FAIL

Still going to be amazing.

According to the Ensiferum board, they open with the Ad Victoriam intro, straight into BLOOD IS THE PRICE OF GLORY! :rocker::rocker: Finally. I screamed my head off for it at NEMHF back in April but they only had 30 minutes...

October 18th!!

SomewhereInTime72
10-03-2008, 01:21 PM
Amon Amarth should be opening for Ensiferum. :hmm:

xStructualDefect
10-03-2008, 01:45 PM
i was at this show
fuucking amazing
first time seeing AA and 2nd for Ensiferum
i was the 17 year old dark-skinned kid in a Ensiferum Paganfest tour shirt
i was in the pit AA for pretty much the entire time and i was pretty drunk so i was falling down alot

btw yes Ensiferum did open up w/ Blood is the Price of Glory

EchoesOfDecimation
10-03-2008, 01:50 PM
According to the Ensiferum board, they open with the Ad Victoriam intro, straight into BLOOD IS THE PRICE OF GLORY! :rocker::rocker: Finally.

Yeah, on that tour, for whatever fucking reason, they decided to start with Ad Victoriam and go right into Iron, which fooled me both times I saw them.

insipidzombie
10-03-2008, 02:08 PM
Amon Amarth should be opening for Ensiferum. :hmm:

who is better than who is a matter of opinion. But you can't argue against the fact that Amon Amarth is a hell of a lot more popular in North America, and in Europe, too

SomewhereInTime72
10-03-2008, 02:11 PM
who is better than who is a matter of opinion. But you can't argue against the fact that Amon Amarth is a hell of a lot more popular in North America, and in Europe, too

Ensiferum have definitely been catching up, though. Maybe one day... ;)

Thrashnificence
10-03-2008, 03:19 PM
twas an amazing show. north sea storm was glorious. i wish they did tattered banners over guardians though.

Hoodieman36
10-04-2008, 10:39 PM
Their set list last year was much better than this, but i guess it's mostly because of the new album.

Victorious March, Down The Slopes Of Death, The Sound Of Eight Hooves, Thor Arise, Fate Of Norns, With Oden on Our Side, Versus The World, Hermod's Ride To Hel, One Thousand Years of Oppression all played last time i saw them.
=(

W/E STILL STOKED