PDA

View Full Version : In Flames -- Glasgow, Scotland -- September 27th, 2008

maidenpriest
10-01-2008, 10:02 PM
here is a setlist i found online and here is the link. http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/flames/431773-headline-tour-setlist-eu.html

The Chosen Pessimist (opener)
Sleepless Again
The Quiet Place
The Mirrors Truth
Disconnected
Alias
Delights and Angers
Move Through Me
System
Cloud Connected
Vanishing Light
Take This Life
Come Clarity
Crawl Through Knives
Insipid 2000
Zombie Inc
Pinball Map
Satellites and Astronauts
Trigger (closer)

and somewhere in between-medley : The Jester Race, Dead God in Me, (behind space, stand ablaze)

nothing off whoracle...:mad:

xStructualDefect
10-01-2008, 10:07 PM
hmmm
im digging alot of the 2nd half of the setlist
noot so much of the first half though
waaaay too many new songs off the new album
and can honestly say i didnt enjoy the new album that much
maybe i should listen to it again since its been awhile but yea

anyways should still be a great show when i see em in nov \m/

maidenpriest
10-01-2008, 10:24 PM
yeah the second half is pretty decent for a modern era In Flames. at least they kept Pinball Map...

Altmer7989
10-02-2008, 07:24 AM
sounds like a decent enough setlist I'm gonna see them the 9th so

is it in that order?

Derelict
10-02-2008, 09:12 AM
So glad I saw this band when they were still good...this setlist is embarassing

EchoesOfDecimation
10-02-2008, 09:26 AM
System
Crawl Through Knives
Insipid 2000
Zombie Inc
Pinball Map
Satellites and Astronauts
Trigger (closer)

and somewhere in between-medley : The Jester Race, Dead God in Me, (behind space, stand ablaze)

nothing off whoracle...:mad:

I fucking hate In Flames. Every time I see them they play garbage for the most part. Even garbage off of Come Clarity. I have never had the pleasure of hearing Crawl Through Knives but always get stuck with fucking Scream or some other garbage song. Nothing off Whoracle is a joke though. I somehow managed to never see Trigger live. If you're to ask me how, I could not give you an answer.The medley sounds nice but I's sure it's like 30-45 seconds of each song. Most bands don't mind playing their back catalog but In Flames makes it seem like a chore. I love them so much, but it's so hard to like them when they do stuff like this. And I know I just complained a whole lot, but there are many songs better than Satellites and Astronauts off of Clayman.

Altmer7989
10-02-2008, 10:05 AM
The setlist is lacking my sweet shadow severely and only for the weak

lakebod0m
10-02-2008, 11:27 AM
The Chosen Pessimist is an odd opener...I can't say I'm too impressed with that set list :(

LoveInSlowMotion
10-02-2008, 04:35 PM
Nothing from Whoracle. Nothing from Lunar Strain.

Mother fuck.

GameFreac
10-02-2008, 05:54 PM
Nothing from Whoracle. Nothing from Lunar Strain.

Mother fuck.

Yep...I was gonna go

Not anymore

maidenpriest
10-02-2008, 08:58 PM
And I know I just complained a whole lot, but there are many songs better than Satellites and Astronauts off of Clayman.

agreed. i so much rather hear Bullet Ride or the title track

sixhundredand66
10-03-2008, 12:02 AM
I could take a nap during the first half of that setlist. The second half is decent, but the first half is an atrocity.

Sinfulsot
10-03-2008, 01:48 AM
And I know I just complained a whole lot, but there are many songs better than Satellites and Astronauts off of Clayman.

agreed. i so much rather hear Bullet Ride or the title track

EchoesOfDecimation, it sounds to me you're a bigger (better?) fan than i. The Quiet Place was my first exposure of In Flames for me, and their newer stuff does appeal to me more. i appreciate your passion. :metal:

EchoesOfDecimation
10-03-2008, 01:53 PM
EchoesOfDecimation, it sounds to me you're a bigger (better?) fan than i. The Quiet Place was my first exposure of In Flames for me, and their newer stuff does appeal to me more. i appreciate your passion. :metal:

Yeah man, In Flames (Clayman-era) is one of the first "real" bands I got into, when before that it was Slipknot and Korn and all that garbage. So as lame as it sounds, I have a soft spot for In Flames, and seeing them go from (IMO) the best melodic death band, to the worst of them (Soilwork and Dark Tranquility's new stuff is MUCH better), is just upsetting. Come Clarity I liked, but A Sense Of Purpose is by all means inexcusable.

metal_head_pete
10-03-2008, 06:13 PM
Crawl Through Knives and Zombie Inc... I'm satisfied

Altmer7989
10-05-2008, 08:48 AM
does anyone have another setlist from the european tour? it seems like they're switching it up a little bit

DethMaiden
10-05-2008, 09:17 AM
:lol: In Flames are putting on a clinic in losing fans lately.

ChildrenofSodom
10-05-2008, 10:30 AM
No 'My Sweet Shadow'?
No 'Only for the Weak'?

Bullshit.

Altmer7989
10-06-2008, 09:29 AM
it has come clarity and zombie inc. though

Elvenking
10-06-2008, 09:41 AM
Fuck them. I'm even shocked they played something old at all. Even a medley. I think the promoter gave them money to do that. Such a good band that abolishes one of the best back catologe of music any band has. Horrible.

Altmer7989
10-06-2008, 09:47 AM
if you don't want to see the band play new songs don't go to the gig

they are promoting a sense of purpose, not the jester race VII

i like tjr/whoracle a lot too but seriously

ChildrenofSodom
10-07-2008, 03:57 AM
I was saying the same thing when I saw them twice in 06. But thats because I thought the Come Clarity, STYE, and Reroute were catchy and fun. I dont like the new stuff as much.

They took off My Sweet Shadow and Only for the Weak? Yet almost the whole of the new album is on there? Those are two of their biggest songs, usually their encores.

Altmer7989
10-07-2008, 05:44 AM
I just wanna see the band play stuff. I like the older stuff more but as long as there are some oldies to which i can fuck myself up it's all good, you know?

No Only for the Weak is lame though I agree, but they've played that song to death. I can imagine they are bored as hell playing that.

edit: youtube informs me they played only for the weak in cologne

canaryjones99
10-07-2008, 11:14 AM
where the hell is
my sweet shadow, embody the invisible, only for the weak or bullet ride

atleast quiet place and pinball map are in there
im glad i didnt go to the astoria show

JRA
10-07-2008, 01:34 PM
I think the promoter gave them money to do that. Such a good band that abolishes one of the best back catologe of music any band has. Horrible.

That happens? :eyes:

Elvenking
10-07-2008, 05:00 PM
That happens? :eyes:

Well, They seem to be loving the money. If you were in a band would you play some songs that they told you to for some extra money? I would.

sneakbobcat
10-07-2008, 07:48 PM
i missed satellites and astronauts. im fucking annoyed!!! but the rest is shit tho

Derelict
10-07-2008, 08:05 PM
I have the setlist in my house somewhere from when i saw them in 1999, I'll go digging. It was epic, not this garbage they play now

Firewind
10-07-2008, 11:16 PM
For a band to promote their new album is all fine and good, but, as others have said, to completely ignore their amazing early material is just a travesty. In Flames is one of my favorite bands and my first metal band after Metallica and Maiden, so it really does suck to see them play sets like this.

maidenpriest
10-07-2008, 11:20 PM
found a review from london. said that they played my sweet shadow and colony at that show. still nothing off whoracle. here are some quotes from the review that i found pretty pathetic... "Anders was asking people to sing along to the Pinball Map chorus and it was shockingly dead, I was the only person around my area who even knew the words to the chorus, and I heard a guy behind me say "is this from The Jester Race?" "The loud squeels from girls (and maybe some emo boys) when Take This Life and Come Clarity came on, in comparison to the silence for Dead God in me or Insipid 2000, was sickening." "The songs from Colony and Clayman got very little reaction from everybody except me, and the songs from TJR.... well, they might as well have been playing hip hop."

the whole review is at the same link where i got the setlist, just down the thread a bit.

EchoesOfDecimation
10-08-2008, 07:03 AM
"The songs from Colony and Clayman got very little reaction from everybody except me, and the songs from TJR.... well, they might as well have been playing hip hop."

That appalls me.

And it will encourage them even further to neglect their back catalog.

girnny777
10-09-2008, 10:10 AM
Just for reference, here's what they played in NA on their Gigantour off dates:

Cloud Connected
The Mirror's Truth
Leeches
Clayman
Colony
Disconnected
Transparent
Delights And Angers
Egonomic
Alias
Trigger
Only For The Weak
Graveland
Jotun
I'm The Highway
Come Clarity
The Quiet Place
Move Through Me
Take This Life
My Sweet Shadow

Colony, Clayman, Jotun, Graveland, Only For The Weak... and on Gigantour they did Bullet Ride, Pinball Map, Behind Space and Morphing Into Primal.

I'd love to see all those songs again on the NA tour, along with the Jester Race medley they are doing.

maidenpriest
10-09-2008, 02:23 PM
if they actually play something similar to that on this tour i would be greatly satisified. Jotun is one of my favorite songs ever by In Flames. morphing into primal, bullet ride and behind space would all be kickass to hear as well