Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13

overkiller
03-13-2009, 08:23 PM
A Looming Resonance
Malevolent Grain
Wolves in the Throne Room

ChildrenofSodom
03-13-2009, 09:02 PM
Oh just give it a fucking rest, will you?

No.

ChildrenofSodom
03-13-2009, 09:05 PM
Not the biggest T+S fan around or anything, but I don't see what's not to like about that particular song. :) :) :) edit: seriously, musically, it's practically a traditional metal song on cleanier guitars, sung by a girl :eyes:

It just sounds like your standard poppy stuff. Pretty average, dare I say boring music, nothing really innovative. Catchy, yes, but so is NSYNC. And the vocals are annoying. I think the group schtick gets em further than they probably should be.

overkiller
03-13-2009, 09:26 PM
It just sounds like your standard poppy stuff.

Which is?

Maiden33
03-13-2009, 09:46 PM
We All Need to Be Loved
Rock Art
Magnum

JRA
03-13-2009, 09:57 PM
Which is?

I would wager a guess of Avril Lavigne, that's what it reminded me of when I listened to them.

ChildrenofSodom
03-14-2009, 05:37 AM
Which is?

Just the drum beats, which sound extremely straight-line and possibly computer-produced, mixed with easy-to-do chords and 3-6 note guitar patterns. Just sounds boring. Someone once one said that they didnt like Coldplay because it was 'safe' music, well, then what is Tegan and Sara? And I dont like the vocals at all.

overkiller
03-14-2009, 06:24 AM
Y'all are chumps.

overkiller
03-14-2009, 07:04 AM
Just the drum beats, which sound extremely straight-line and possibly computer-produced, mixed with easy-to-do chords and 3-6 note guitar patterns. Just sounds boring. Someone once one said that they didnt like Coldplay because it was 'safe' music, well, then what is Tegan and Sara? And I dont like the vocals at all.

You know, I was going to leave this alone, but it's just too tempting to tear it apart.

Did you stop to consider that the drum beats have to be essentially simple? That it would sound ridiculous to have complex ones in this kind of music? "Possibly computer-produced"? You're using that as a criticism? So you don't listen to any hip-hop that uses "computer-produced" beats or metal bands that use a drum machine? I thought you liked Genghis Tron. "Easy-to-do chords"? You must see by now that you're treating simplicity as a negative thing for music, which is nonsense, if you'd stop and think about it for a moment. Think about how ridiculous it would sound to say that more complex music is inherently better than simpler music (although even the word "complex" is an arbitrary description, there is plenty of instrumentally "complex" music that is really quite one-dimensional and uninteresting).

I don't really understand the relevance of the Coldplay reference. You might criticize Coldplay for being "safe", okay, I know what you mean, but I would respond that they're exceptionally skilled at crafting solid pop songs. What exactly do you mean when you say Tegan & Sara are "safe"? That they write pop songs? And since pop usually = popular, their music is "safe" and isn't pushing any artistic boundaries? If that's your line of thinking, I would challenge you to think of artists like T & S instead as reinventing, or at least reinterpreting, artistic "boundaries", i.e. what has already been done in the past. There is art in that, and great music can come of it.

And I'm sorry you find it boring and you don't like the vocals, but really, that has absolutely nothing to do with anything.

powerslave_85
03-14-2009, 08:21 AM
Funny that you mention the drums, because while they may be simplistic on that song, The Con has some surprisingly interesting drum work.

DethMaiden
03-14-2009, 09:09 AM
And for the record, "Walking With a Ghost" isn't the be all, end all of Tegan and Sara. So Jealous is a pretty damn good album, but The Con is when they really hit their stride and recorded a masterpiece. I'd be careful calling them simplistic without hearing that disc.

DethMaiden
03-14-2009, 09:12 AM
Burn Your Life Down
The Con
Tegan and Sara

:finger:

JRA
03-14-2009, 09:27 AM
Jailbreak
Jailbreak
AC/DC

JRA
03-14-2009, 09:31 AM
Professor Booty
Check Your Head
The Beastie Boys

ChildrenofSodom
03-14-2009, 09:37 AM
I have heard no innovation. I am not saying that they aren't talented or catchy. I cant make any music at all. And its not that music HAS to be not-simplistic, but everything I've heard so far (which is about 10 songs or so on youtube, because I dont own any albums) I haven't heard anything that I havent heard before.

They arent my cup of tea, and I'm not sure why anyone would prefer them over any of the other bands cut from the same cloth (that arent lesbian sisters.)

Dark Come Soon is a great song, because it is just them (her, I dont know the names and faces) singing and playing an acoustic guitar. Its nice. They're alright musicians/singers, sometimes, but I just dont think they're the bee's knees, man.

And I think the new shirt is hipster...And I'm half offended.

ChildrenofSodom
03-14-2009, 09:38 AM
The first single from So Jealous, "Walking With a Ghost," sounds like one of those dummy mp3s major labels post on KaZaA to fool unsuspecting music lovers, where the first 10 seconds loop for five minutes. Remember when you thought "House of Jealous Lovers" was instrumental? "Walking With a Ghost" repeats three or four mundane phrases-- particularly "out of my mind"-- dozens of times in two-and-a-half-minutes, all over the same jerky, studio-polished guitar chords. I suppose it's almost as catchy as the latest McDonalds jingle, but it's also utterly boring.

JRA
03-14-2009, 09:43 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTPB9inzOPU

Holy shit!
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

DethMaiden
03-14-2009, 10:11 AM

Pitchfork hates T&S, haha. But Pitchfork isn't omniscient. I love Tegan & Sara. The Con (probably one of my two dozen or so favorite albums of all time) is a huge improvement on So Jealous, too, so I only have reason to believe they're getting better, and more interesting, if that's your criticism. I'm not going to have this fight because it's a mere difference of opinion, but I feel like maybe you're just pushing this because you like to argue and not because you have any stake in the matter.

ChildrenofSodom
03-14-2009, 10:56 AM
No one has a stake in anything musical. Music is throw away and meaning less. Its for entertainment. I dont think Tegan and Sara's existence hurts anyone. I like to argue, yes, but a debate is two sided.

Thanks for providing the other side.

Maiden33
03-14-2009, 10:59 AM
Music is throw away and meaning less.

:confused:

DethMaiden
03-14-2009, 11:00 AM
No one has a stake in anything musical. Music is throw away and meaning less. Its for entertainment. I dont think Tegan and Sara's existence hurts anyone. I like to argue, yes, but a debate is two sided.

Thanks for providing the other side.

You're welcome, you fucking closed-minded metalhead. :flame: :flame:

DethMaiden
03-14-2009, 11:05 AM
The Times They Are A-Changin'
Live 1964
Bob Dylan

Maiden33
03-14-2009, 11:28 AM
Battalions of Steel
Into the Labyrinth
Saxon

:rocker::rocker::rocker:
I can't wait to finally see them.

powerslave_85
03-14-2009, 11:54 AM
The first single from So Jealous, "Walking With a Ghost," sounds like one of those dummy mp3s major labels post on KaZaA to fool unsuspecting music lovers, where the first 10 seconds loop for five minutes. Remember when you thought "House of Jealous Lovers" was instrumental? "Walking With a Ghost" repeats three or four mundane phrases-- particularly "out of my mind"-- dozens of times in two-and-a-half-minutes, all over the same jerky, studio-polished guitar chords. I suppose it's almost as catchy as the latest McDonalds jingle, but it's also utterly boring.

http://www.theonion.com/content/news/pitchfork_gives_music_6_8

Spiral_Slave
03-14-2009, 12:57 PM
Fire From The Sky
Beyond The Permafrost
Skeletonwitch

overkiller
03-14-2009, 12:57 PM
Music is throw away and meaning less.

I hope not.

Spiral_Slave
03-14-2009, 02:13 PM
Jet To Jet
No Parole From Rock 'N' Roll
Alcatrazz

I've been listening to this album a ton lately.

ADD
03-14-2009, 03:23 PM
http://www.theonion.com/content/news/pitchfork_gives_music_6_8

:lol: That's awesome. And Pitchfork sucks :D

Ordinary Average Guy
Joe Walsh's Greatest Hits: Little Did He Know
Joe Walsh

JRA
03-14-2009, 05:09 PM
The Times They Are A-Changin'
Live 1964
Bob Dylan

Kick from "Watchmen?"

Suicide Machine
Human
Death

ADD
03-14-2009, 05:43 PM
Mosquito Lantern
Ekranoplan
Assemble Head in Sunburst Sound

overkiller
03-14-2009, 07:47 PM
Fauna & Flora
Genevieve
Velvet Cacoon

Spiral_Slave
03-14-2009, 09:00 PM
Lionheart
Lionheart
Saxon

JRA
03-14-2009, 09:09 PM
Genocide (live)
Unleashed In The East
Judas Priest

overkiller
03-14-2009, 09:10 PM
For Whom the Bell Tolls (Metallica cover)
Tulimyrsky
Moonsorrow

This shit is HILARIOUS. They made it into a Moonsorrow song!

Spiral_Slave
03-14-2009, 09:23 PM
False News Travels Fast
Silence
Sonata Arctica

Spiral_Slave
03-15-2009, 07:36 AM
Lucretia My Reflection
Praise To The War Machine
Warrel Dane

JuuKun
03-15-2009, 09:38 AM
This Is The War
The Art of War
Vader

:rocker::rocker:

JRA
03-15-2009, 09:53 AM
Blowin In The Wind
The Freewheelin
Bob Dylan

DethMaiden
03-15-2009, 09:58 AM
Kick from "Watchmen?"

Ha, very much so. Good song though.

Anesthetize
Fear of a Blank Planet
Porcupine Tree

JRA
03-15-2009, 10:06 AM
Arbeit Macht Fleisch
Heartwork
Carcass

ChildrenofSodom
03-15-2009, 11:03 AM
I hope not.

Eh...its enjoyable and provide emotional outlet, but I dont think major life decisions should be made on the rhythmic ramblings of a complete stranger.

Maiden33
03-15-2009, 11:09 AM
Eh...its enjoyable and provide emotional outlet, but I dont think major life decisions should be made on the rhythmic ramblings of a complete stranger.

No one's arguing that music should influence major life decisions, but to me, someone who is very passionate about listening to music as well as creating it myself, to call it "throw away and meaningless" is just absurd.

DethMaiden
03-15-2009, 11:12 AM
Yeah, I'm going to throw my vote in the "music is extremely important to me, and my life would feel utterly directionless without it" box.

Maiden33
03-15-2009, 11:19 AM
Witchfinder General
Lionheart
Saxon

Spiral_Slave
03-15-2009, 11:49 AM
Calling The Rain
Slania
Eluveitie

SomewhereInTime72
03-15-2009, 01:22 PM
Yeah, I'm going to throw my vote in the "music is extremely important to me, and my life would feel utterly directionless without it" box.

This is how I feel. Music directly influences me a lot, actually.

A Dying God Coming Into Human Flesh
Monotheist
Celtic Frost

:bouville:

overkiller
03-15-2009, 02:06 PM

Speaking of belittling things you love...

overkiller
03-15-2009, 02:13 PM
Pimeä
Verisäkeet
Moonsorrow

This song is so badass. I'll never forget how Ville introduced it when I saw them: "This song is about a feeling that is common to all of us... It's about... a hangover."

SomewhereInTime72
03-15-2009, 02:17 PM
Progeny
Monotheist
Celtic Frost

This song is so heavy. :bouville: :rocker: :rocker:

Derelict
03-15-2009, 04:10 PM
Matrix Odyssey
The Focusing Blur
Vintersorg

Derelict
03-15-2009, 04:11 PM
Pimeä
Verisäkeet
Moonsorrow

This song is so badass. I'll never forget how Ville introduced it when I saw them: "This song is about a feeling that is common to all of us... It's about... a hangover."

cool song, and thats pretty funny

JRA
03-15-2009, 04:22 PM
Could This Be Magic?
Women & Children First
Van Halen

Spiral_Slave
03-15-2009, 04:32 PM
The Time Has Come
Only Human
At Vance

JRA
03-15-2009, 04:54 PM
Lost Ones
The Miseducation Of Lauryn Hill
Lauryn Hill

b_halperin
03-15-2009, 05:18 PM
Crystal Mountain
Symbolic
Death

JRA
03-15-2009, 05:31 PM
Crystal Mountain
Symbolic
Death

:rocker: :rocker: :rocker: :rocker: :rocker:

Anywhere In The Galaxy
Powerplant
Gamma Ray

Spiral_Slave
03-15-2009, 05:35 PM
Mind Pollution
Feed The Beast
Bonded By Blood

ChildrenofSodom
03-15-2009, 05:51 PM
Speaking of belittling things you love...

I like listening to music, but I dont buy into the 'if I were on a stranded island, I would bring my ipod' bullshit.

If you cant go more than a few hours without listening to music, you have a problem. I mean, I've been inspired by music and its really helped me during emotional times in my life, but I dont think it is the 'best thing in the world.'

And to get in silly internet arguments over it is even more absurd.

JRA
03-15-2009, 05:54 PM
I like listening to music, but I dont buy into the 'if I were on a stranded island, I would bring my ipod' bullshit.

If you cant go more than a few hours without listening to music, you have a problem. I mean, I've been inspired by music and its really helped me during emotional times in my life, but I dont think it is the 'best thing in the world.'

Seriously dude, you've talked yourself up your own ass. Just say "Tegan & Sara suck hairy cocks" and move on.

From The Ashes
Land Of The Free II
Gamma Ray

The best Iron Maiden song since 1992! :D

DethMaiden
03-15-2009, 05:57 PM

Why are you here then. :confused: This is a music website. We're obviously all more obsessed with music than people who don't belong to online music communities. Why the hell wouldn't you love music irrationally. And how in the utter fuck can you accuse people of having a "problem" for loving something. What the fuck.

ChildrenofSodom
03-15-2009, 06:19 PM
Why are you here then. :confused: This is a music website. We're obviously all more obsessed with music than people who don't belong to online music communities. Why the hell wouldn't you love music irrationally. And how in the utter fuck can you accuse people of having a "problem" for loving something. What the fuck.

Seriously dude, you've talked yourself up your own ass. Just say "Tegan & Sara suck hairy cocks" and move on.

I legitimately dont understand why people NEED music. Yes, I like it. I also like pizza, but I dont need it. I also dont see why the things I am saying are so polarizing. I know you are all music lovers.....but out of one side of your mouths you are saying 'if you only listen to metal then you are closeminded', and out the other side you say 'Music the best form of stimulation mankind has ever had.'

I will use an extremely radical example: I am against drugs and alcohol because I feel that they are simply stimulating devices that humans use to provide pure pleasure/comfort. I dont care if you use those things, I believe it is your right and I am not going to try to stop you. For me, my most treasured possession is my mind. I dont want anything to fuck with it, whether it makes it better or worse. I like who I am.

If I have a problem, I think about it. I dont need a song to tell me how to think, although that helps sometimes. I do not absolutely need (aka depend) upon music to provide me with a mental or emotional outlet. Yes, I occasionally put on music to set the mood or whatever, but I am not addicted to it. I believe that I am strong enough to think for myself and resolve my own problem.

If you guys need music for that, thats cool. I am not telling you have to give up music, I'm still a fan. But I think its a form of entertainment, and I sure as hell wouldnt pick music over a gun or a fire-starting kit or my favorite book if I were on a stranded island.

These may all be things I should be saying in my own mind, with myself, but it has crossed over into the realm of 'interwebz arguments', and seeing as how people are personally insulting me, I will carry on.

ChildrenofSodom
03-15-2009, 06:22 PM
Basically, to sum it all up, I listen to music for fun, like doing a drunk chick, but I wouldnt marry it. There are other kinds of chicks out there.

DethMaiden
03-15-2009, 06:27 PM
I don't understand your argument at all. I, and perhaps I speak for my fellow board members here, if not they can correct me, am completely obsessed with music. An audiophile. I don't need it to steer my emotions, although it can. I don't need it for inspiration, though it is inspiring. I just want to listen to as much music as possible because it is what gives me pleasure. Hearing music, reading about music, going to concerts, and discussing music with people gives me my ultimate pleasure. I thought the reason we all used this website was because we were all music-loving geeks and, indeed, audiophiles. I guess some us are just casual music fans after all.

ChildrenofSodom
03-15-2009, 06:38 PM
I don't understand your argument at all. I, and perhaps I speak for my fellow board members here, if not they can correct me, am completely obsessed with music. An audiophile. I don't need it to steer my emotions, although it can. I don't need it for inspiration, though it is inspiring. I just want to listen to as much music as possible because it is what gives me pleasure. Hearing music, reading about music, going to concerts, and discussing music with people gives me my ultimate pleasure. I thought the reason we all used this website was because we were all music-loving geeks and, indeed, audiophiles. I guess some us are just casual music fans after all.

I think music is important, but it has to be considered so to an extent. I mean, my clothing, lifestyle, social habits, and many of my political/religious beliefs are based around music. But, and I think this is the reason I made my first 'anti-music' comment (or so it read like that) was because we were getting into a nasty argument over something very meaningless. I had a musical opinion, and it got carried away.

YOU said that I was just arguing and didnt have 'any stake in the matter.' As if anyone has any stake in any musical matter? Would you die for music? Would you kill for music? I think if you could answer yes to any of those three questions (moreso the last two), then you have a problem. In my eyes, music is a form of entertainment. You guys cared so much about music that you called your fellow human beings 'close-minded' because their ears and minds don't like the sound of second rate hipster dykes. It doesnt fucking matter.

And the giant argument we have at the end of every year, about how the Top Albums contest should be run? Puh-leaze. Are these our most pressing issues in the world? Maybe I am saying this unfairly, because I have career goals in my life that arent related to music in any way whatsoever, but I think that treating music like the God of all human endeavor is a little silly.

But hey, it doesnt matter. You can do whatever you like.

JRA
03-15-2009, 06:38 PM
Corporal Jigsore Quandry
Necroticism - Descanting The Insalubrious
Carcass

ChildrenofSodom
03-15-2009, 06:42 PM
Into the Pentagram
Worship Him
Samael

This was diabolical last night.

JRA
03-15-2009, 06:43 PM
Exhume To Consume
Symphonies Of Sickness
Carcass

DethMaiden
03-15-2009, 06:48 PM
I think music is important, but it has to be considered so to an extent. I mean, my clothing, lifestyle, social habits, and many of my political/religious beliefs are based around music. But, and I think this is the reason I made my first 'anti-music' comment (or so it read like that) was because we were getting into a nasty argument over something very meaningless. I had a musical opinion, and it got carried away.

YOU said that I was just arguing and didnt have 'any stake in the matter.' As if anyone has any stake in any musical matter? Would you die for music? Would you kill for music? I think if you could answer yes to any of those three questions (moreso the last two), then you have a problem. In my eyes, music is a form of entertainment. You guys cared so much about music that you called your fellow human beings 'close-minded' because their ears and minds don't like the sound of second rate hipster dykes. It doesnt fucking matter.

And the giant argument we have at the end of every year, about how the Top Albums contest should be run? Puh-leaze. Are these our most pressing issues in the world? Maybe I am saying this unfairly, because I have career goals in my life that arent related to music in any way whatsoever, but I think that treating music like the God of all human endeavor is a little silly.

But hey, it doesnt matter. You can do whatever you like.

And I'm saying that this is a music website and that arguments over music are what really should be ensuing. And no one called anyone closed-minded for not liking Tegan and Sara, quite the opposite. The people who don't like Tegan and Sara got defensive because of some implication that they only liked metal, which may or may not have ever been stated outright, and certainly wasn't said by me. This argument is now two fucking years old, and you are the only one who hasn't put it to bed.

And the argument at the end of the year over how to run the top albums list is a highlight of this website in my opinion. It's an attempt for us to quantify the importance of music.

You love politics; this is no secret. There are millions of people who don't give one fuck about politics, and they lead fulfilled lives. You would say that they aren't living life to its fullest because they don't take any interest in something you love. Belittling music (but refusing to belittle metal, which is interesting) is as senseless.

And I still don't understand why you joined a music website and regularly contribute if you only have a passive interest in the stuff.

ChildrenofSodom
03-15-2009, 06:52 PM
We talk about politics, religion, video games, movies, book, life, and love on this site.

I'm arguing against obsession, not interest. You dont have to be obsessed with something and have it rule your life, like you, in order to comment on it.

Sorry, edited: I don't think you understand what I am saying, and I sense a moderately-veiled condescension at the fact I dont want to fuck the music.

ChildrenofSodom
03-15-2009, 06:55 PM
And I'm saying that this is a music website and that arguments over music are what really should be ensuing. And no one called anyone closed-minded for not liking Tegan and Sara, quite the opposite. The people who don't like Tegan and Sara got defensive because of some implication that they only liked metal, which may or may not have ever been stated outright, and certainly wasn't said by me. This argument is now two fucking years old, and you are the only one who hasn't put it to bed.

If we take what you are saying as law, then we shouldn't allow non-metal to be in our year end list, because this is not simply a music discussion forum, but a metal setlist gathering site.

DethMaiden
I'm calling for backup:

Raise your hand if you are on this site because you are obsessed (by whatever definition you like) with music.

*raises hand*

SomewhereInTime72
Music is the most important thing in the world to me, fyi.

Nocturnal Fear
Morbid Tales
Celtic Frost

ChildrenofSodom
03-15-2009, 06:56 PM
I'm calling for backup:

Raise your hand if you are on this site because you are obsessed (by whatever definition you like) with music.

*raises hand*

This is bullshit, and you know it.

Maiden33
03-15-2009, 06:57 PM

Dude, you are entirely out of line.
Would I die or kill for music? No, I wouldn't, but that doesn't make it meaningless. There are dozens of things in my life I care deeply about that I wouldn't kill or die for, it doesn't make them irrelevant.
Is a year-end albums list the most pressing issue? No it's not, no one's trying to say that it is. This is a music message board, not a current events board where we try to solve the world's problems. I'm pretty sure the rest of us are here because we share an interest in music and enjoy discussing it.
How fucking dare you belittle other people to say you are better than us because you have "career goals not related to music". For you to compare music to an addiction similar to drugs or alcohol is absurd. Music (as well as other forms of entertainment) are legit careers for the people who create them. As an aspiring musician myself, music is a colossal chunk of my life. Whether it's practicing technique on guitar, listening to the bands I love, going to see concerts, etc, I'm not only doing it because the music means a lot to me, but is essentially an investment in my own future and self-interest. I probably could word this far better than I am, but the degree to which what you're saying actually offends me is actually impairing my thought process.

ChildrenofSodom
03-15-2009, 06:57 PM
Music is the most important thing in the world to me, fyi.

Really? You would quit your job, give up reading, die alone and poor, and never interact with a fellow human being in order to listen to music?

DethMaiden
03-15-2009, 06:58 PM
Really? You would quit your job, give up reading, die alone and poor, and never interact with a fellow human being in order to listen to music?

Could this conceivably happen?

Derelict
03-15-2009, 07:00 PM
Into the Pentagram
Worship Him
Samael

This was diabolical last night.

It's also redone on their "Rebellion" EP

SomewhereInTime72
03-15-2009, 07:04 PM

In the bizarre circumstances that I had to choose between these things in music, I would choose music. I wouldn't work or want a steady income if it meant I couldn't do the things I love. If I could choose between being blind or deaf, I'd easily choose blind. Dying alone and poor is going to happen to me anyway, so no-brainer :emo:. And yeah. Music as a whole product... is better than people to me.

Follow The Reaper
Follow The Reaper
Children of Bodom

DethMaiden
03-15-2009, 07:05 PM
In the bizarre circumstances that I had to choose between these things in music, I would choose music. I wouldn't work or want a steady income if it meant I couldn't do the things I love. If I could choose between being blind or deaf, I'd easily choose blind. Dying alone and poor is going to happen to me anyway, so no-brainer :emo:. And yeah. Music as a whole product... is better than people to me.

All of this is true for me as well.

AND HOW THE FUCK CAN YOU ACCUSE ME OF BELITTLING METAL WHEN YOU ARE BELITTLING ALL OF MUSIC.

JRA
03-15-2009, 07:34 PM
Reek Of Putrefaction
Symphonies Of Sickness
Carcass

mankvill
03-15-2009, 07:42 PM
i love music :)

overkiller
03-15-2009, 07:53 PM
Genevieve
Genevieve
Velvet Cacoon

overkiller
03-15-2009, 08:00 PM
Holy fuck, a lot of stuff went down since I last checked this thread. I'm out of this discussion.

mankvill
03-15-2009, 08:00 PM
Genevieve
Genevieve
Velvet Cacoon

I used to be so in to this band. Dunno what happened. :(

Disciples Of The Watch
The New Order
Testament

overkiller
03-15-2009, 08:03 PM
I used to be so in to this band. Dunno what happened. :(

I really enjoy that album, though I think it would be a significant improvement to their sound if the vocalist didn't sound like a whispering Gollum all the damn time, heh.

I'm not sure what all the hate on them is about.

mankvill
03-15-2009, 08:11 PM
I really enjoy that album, though I think it would be a significant improvement to their sound if the vocalist didn't sound like a whispering Gollum all the damn time, heh.

I'm not sure what all the hate on them is about.

I'm not entirely sure, but I think they actually plagiarized a bunch of their music and made up a bunch of rumors about themselves. They owned up to the plagiarism.

ChildrenofSodom
03-15-2009, 08:14 PM
The Curse of Woe
Black Wings of Destiny
Dragonlord

YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Spiral_Slave
03-15-2009, 08:15 PM
Die By The Sword
Show No Mercy
Slayer

overkiller
03-15-2009, 08:24 PM
I'm not entirely sure, but I think they actually plagiarized a bunch of their music and made up a bunch of rumors about themselves. They owned up to the plagiarism.

Ah, right. I guess that might have something to do with it... but Genevieve is still a great album. Such great atmosphere.

ChildrenofSodom
03-15-2009, 08:33 PM
The Elder
In the Halls of Awaiting
Insomnium

I love these guys. I almost forgot how much.

Maiden33
03-15-2009, 08:47 PM
To Hell And Back Again
Strong Arm of the Law
Saxon

:rocker::rocker::rocker::rocker:

ChildrenofSodom
03-15-2009, 09:51 PM
Always There For You
In God We Trust
Stryper

ChildrenofSodom
03-16-2009, 06:28 AM
Nazi Punks Fuck Off - Darkest Hour

b_halperin
03-16-2009, 07:02 AM
Empire of the Gun
Earthsblood
God Forbid

:rocker:

ADD
03-16-2009, 10:01 AM
I Just Don't Know
Brain Cycles
Radio Moscow

overkiller
03-16-2009, 10:04 AM
Hate Crystal
Malevolent Grain

A lot of people says WITTR's black metal "side" is just derivative of Burzum and Darkthrone, and there's something to that, but I think their sound deserves more credit than that. For one thing, they capture that "depressive" riffing style that Burzum spawned without indulging in those cliche suicidal lyrics that countless other Burzum-inspired acts use and which get so tedious after a while--the nature-inspired themes are much more interesting, at least to me--and two, they bring an entirely different ideology to the BM table from Burzum, and it shows through in their music, I think. They're basically DIY punks, who probably love post-rock. When DIY punks who love post-rock play Burzum, you get an entirely different beast.

ADD
03-16-2009, 10:06 AM
Broke Down
Brain Cycles
Radio Moscow

Good WITTR assessment Brady :cool: Still haven't listened to either of their new ones, will do soon.

overkiller
03-16-2009, 10:09 AM
Gas in Veins
Amesoeurs
Amesoeurs

So stoked for this album :drool:

overkiller
03-16-2009, 11:06 AM
Au Crépuscule de Nos Rêves
Amesoeurs
Amesoeurs

Hmm, after one listen, I'm not sure how I feel about it. Maybe it'll be a grower.

DethMaiden
03-16-2009, 12:10 PM
Hate Crystal
Malevolent Grain

A lot of people says WITTR's black metal "side" is just derivative of Burzum and Darkthrone, and there's something to that, but I think their sound deserves more credit than that. For one thing, they capture that "depressive" riffing style that Burzum spawned without indulging in those cliche suicidal lyrics that countless other Burzum-inspired acts use and which get so tedious after a while--the nature-inspired themes are much more interesting, at least to me--and two, they bring an entirely different ideology to the BM table from Burzum, and it shows through in their music, I think. They're basically DIY punks, who probably love post-rock. When DIY punks who love post-rock play Burzum, you get an entirely different beast.

I like that assessment. Seeing them live validates it even more.

Dreaming My Dreams With You
Extremes
Collin Raye

This album is probably the most important album to me as a music fan of all time. More on that later.

JRA
03-16-2009, 12:59 PM
Breaking The Law
British Steel
Judas Priest

overkiller
03-16-2009, 01:07 PM
Wind of the Night Forests
Autumn Aurora
Drudkh

JRA
03-16-2009, 02:05 PM
Stand Up & Shout
Holy Diver
Dio

Spiral_Slave
03-16-2009, 02:07 PM
Ghosts Of War
South Of Heaven
Slayer

JRA
03-16-2009, 02:11 PM
Everything Is Everything
Lauryn Hill

The one thing that really blows about this song, is it spawned the ENTIRE female-teen pop scene of 1998-2000. :hecho:

SirLardsAlot
03-16-2009, 02:29 PM
Some live version of I've Got the Fire with Paul Di'Anno on vocals. Pretty freakin sweet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qhgUr-u36aE&feature=related

JRA
03-16-2009, 02:33 PM
The Usurper
To Mega Therion
Celtic Frost

overkiller
03-16-2009, 04:27 PM
Heurt
Amesoeurs
Amesoeurs

I'm already liking this more.

DethMaiden
03-16-2009, 06:34 PM
Exhume to Consume
Symphonies of Sickness
Carcass

SomewhereInTime72
03-16-2009, 07:15 PM
Welcome Home
"Them"
King Diamond

This should be everyone's first King Diamond song.

GRAAAAAAANDMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

JRA
03-16-2009, 07:47 PM
Carneous Cacoffiny
Necroticism
Carcass

b_halperin
03-16-2009, 08:46 PM
Integral Birth
Traced in Air
Cynic

ChildrenofSodom
03-16-2009, 09:31 PM
Carneous Cacoffiny
Necroticism
Carcass

On a Carcass kick?

SomewhereInTime72
03-16-2009, 09:42 PM
Solitary Shell
Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence
Dream Theater

Oh hey there, Solsbury Hill.

ADD
03-16-2009, 10:20 PM
Unknown Awareness
Static Tensions
Kylesa

Sounds good so far :cool: Maybe a little too self-aware but definitely step up from Time Will Fuse Its Worth.

ADD
03-16-2009, 10:33 PM
Nature's Predators
Static Tensions
Kylesa

PowerMaiden
03-16-2009, 10:42 PM
Heaven Can Wait
Hammersmith Odeon, London, England, 12/12/1988
Yeah, you know who ...

:beer:
Cheers !
PowerMaiden

b_halperin
03-17-2009, 12:03 AM
Dead Seeds
Wrath
Lamb of God

JRA
03-17-2009, 07:27 AM
On a Carcass kick?

Maybe.

Got To Get You Into My Life
Revolver
The Beatles

overkiller
03-17-2009, 09:54 AM
Bonheur Amputé
Ruines Humaines
Amesoeurs

The song title actually means something like "Happiness Amputee", but the fact that "Bonheur" looks and sounds a lot like "Boner" still makes me smile. I know, I'm 12.

overkiller
03-17-2009, 10:56 AM
Ride On
Folk-Lore
Cruachan

Holy crap, the toothless-sounding guest singer on this album actually IS Shane MacGowan! I never realized that.

DethMaiden
03-17-2009, 12:38 PM
Divinations
Crack the Skye
Mastodon

:bowdown:

overkiller
03-17-2009, 01:38 PM
Les Ruches Malades
Amesoeurs
Amesoeurs

I'm not sure this album is the masterpiece everyone (myself included) wanted it to be, but it's got some really, really good stuff on it.

JRA
03-17-2009, 01:49 PM
Power Of Soul
Band Of Gypsys
Jimi Hendrix

DethMaiden
03-17-2009, 03:11 PM
This Love Is Fucking Right!
The Pains of Being Pure At Heart

Indestructible
03-17-2009, 03:31 PM
guns n roses
right next door to hell
use your illusion one

overkiller
03-17-2009, 03:59 PM
This Love Is Fucking Right!

Whaddya think?

I XIII V XIX XV V XXI XVIII XIX – IX XIX – IV V I IV
Amesoeurs
Amesoeurs

overkiller
03-17-2009, 04:15 PM
Le Mort Joyeux
La Sanie des siècles - Panégyrique de la dégénérescence
Peste Noire

mankvill
03-17-2009, 04:16 PM
I XIII V XIX XV V XXI XVIII XIX – IX XIX – IV V I IV

Amesoeurs Is Dead

overkiller
03-17-2009, 04:17 PM
Amesoeurs Is Dead

Indeed :(

overkiller
03-17-2009, 05:44 PM
Live as Mortals
In Grind We Crust
Hellbastard

JRA
03-17-2009, 05:56 PM
For Those About To Rock (We Salute You)
Live
AC/DC

ChildrenofSodom
03-17-2009, 05:57 PM
Ill-Stared Son
In the Hall of Awaiting
Insomnium

Where has my dearest gone to?
Where sings now my maiden fair?
Beneath the darksome waters
Underneath the moonlit waves!

Where is our ill-starred son?
Where lies our poor stillborn child?
Below the silent mound
In the arms of sacred earth!

DethMaiden
03-17-2009, 06:00 PM
Whaddya think?

It's no The Con or Neon Bible but it halfway melds the two and is pretty damn interesting. Also, pure pop + Melvins fuzz = always a good idea.

ChildrenofSodom
03-17-2009, 06:01 PM
Song of the Storm
In the Halls of Awaiting
Insomnium

I love how emotional this band is.

overkiller
03-17-2009, 06:39 PM
Also, pure pop + Melvins fuzz = always a good idea.

Agreed. You'd probably like My Bloody Valentine.

ADD
03-17-2009, 07:15 PM
Agreed. You'd probably like My Bloody Valentine.

MBV to me always sounded like a psychedelic version of Radiohead, which is actually cooler in principal than in execution even though their still cool to listen to.

Let God Be Your Gardener
Ozma
Melvins

ADD
03-17-2009, 07:20 PM
Toxic Shadows
Lucifer's Friend
Lucifer's Friend

JRA
03-17-2009, 08:02 PM
Siberian Divide
Blood Mountain
Mastodon

b_halperin
03-17-2009, 08:06 PM
In The Absence of the Sacred
New American Gospel
Lamb of God

ADD
03-17-2009, 09:35 PM
Bi Polar
Tales of II Andres
Mac Dre & Andre Nickatina

ADD
03-17-2009, 09:48 PM
She Neva Seen
Genie Of The Lamp
Mac Dre

:stoned:

b_halperin
03-17-2009, 10:43 PM
Harem of Scorpions
Hail Destroyer
Cancer Bats

I REALLY recommend you check this band out. if you're a fan of punk/hardcore/metal, you should love them.

Maiden33
03-18-2009, 08:05 AM
Don't Wake the Lion (Too Old to Die Young)
Wings of Heaven
Magnum

:drool:

Spiral_Slave
03-18-2009, 09:10 AM
I'll Reach You
April Rain
Delain

JRA
03-18-2009, 10:45 AM
The Anti-Christ (live)
Live Undead
Slayer

clm45320
03-18-2009, 01:25 PM
Start A War
Start A War
Static X

SomewhereInTime72
03-18-2009, 02:30 PM
Agony of Fallen Grace
In Defiance of Existence
Old Man's Child

Spiral_Slave
03-18-2009, 04:51 PM
My Name Is Lincoln
The Island - Original Soundtrack
Steve Jablonsky

So beautiful.

ChildrenofSodom
03-18-2009, 05:08 PM
Through Her Silvery Body
Plague of Butterflies
Swallow the Sun

SomewhereInTime72
03-18-2009, 05:17 PM
Guerrilla Radio
The Battle of Los Angeles
Rage Against The Machine

TonyD
03-18-2009, 05:19 PM
Why start posting on here now? I don't know.

Slaughter of the Soul
Slaughter of the Soul
At The Gates

TonyD
03-18-2009, 05:37 PM
Flattening of Emotions
Human
Death

TonyD
03-18-2009, 05:49 PM
Counterfiet God
Stronger Than Death
Black Label Society

overkiller
03-18-2009, 07:04 PM
Mind Reflections
Spheres
Pestilence

Ugh, this sounds frighteningly like Meshuggah.

JRA
03-18-2009, 08:14 PM
When It Hurts So Bad
Lauryn Hill

JRA
03-18-2009, 08:23 PM
Holy Hell
Seven Churches
Possessed

The perfect painting of before/after hell breaks loose!!

:rocker: :rocker: :rocker: :rocker: :rocker: :rocker:

b_halperin
03-18-2009, 09:01 PM
Another Day, Another Vendetta
The Rise of Brutality
Hatebreed

Spiral_Slave
03-18-2009, 09:32 PM
Hybrids Of Steel
Doomsday Machine
Arch Enemy

SomewhereInTime72
03-19-2009, 01:14 AM
The Wicker Man
Brave New World
Iron Maiden

Another wednesday all-nighter. Damn you school. At least it's got a nice soundtrack though.

overkiller
03-19-2009, 07:07 AM
Phalénes et Pestilence - Salvatrice Averse
La Sanie des siècles - Panégyrique de la dégénérescence
Peste Noire

Jesus, I don't know if I just wasn't listening when I heard this album in the past, or if I just never actually listened to it and thought I did, but... this shit is amazing.

Spiral_Slave
03-19-2009, 08:13 AM
What's Left Of The Flag
Drunken Lullabies
Flogging Molly

Great song. :party:

JRA
03-19-2009, 08:21 AM
Hit It Run
Raising Hell
Run-DMC

SomewhereInTime72
03-19-2009, 12:19 PM
Larks' Tongues In Aspic, Pt. II
The Night Watch
King Crimson

This is a rapingly good live album.

Maiden33
03-19-2009, 12:49 PM
On a Storyteller's Night
On a Storyteller's Night
Magnum

MetalIsArt
03-19-2009, 01:23 PM
Pleasure to kill
Pleasure to kill
Kreator

MetalIsArt
03-19-2009, 01:24 PM
Feuer Frei
Mutter
Rammstein

SomewhereInTime72
03-19-2009, 03:08 PM
I of Crimson Blood
Silent Waters
Amorphis

overkiller
03-19-2009, 08:00 PM
The Cosmic Echoes of Non-Matter (Immaterial Voices of the Fathers)
Memoria Vetusta II: Dialogue with the Stars
Blut Aus Nord

overkiller
03-19-2009, 08:23 PM
...The Meditant (Dialogue with the Stars)
Memoria Vetusta II: Dialogue with the Stars
Blut Aus Nord

Meh. This is OK.

PowerMaiden
03-19-2009, 10:24 PM
I'm doing myself another Maiden show here : super good !

so far:

Doctor Doctor
1 The Number Of The Beast
2 22 Acacia Avenue
3 The Prisoner
4 Where Eagles Dare
5 Bring Your Daughter … … To The Slaughter
6 Transylvania
7 The Reincarnation Of Benjamin Breeg
8 Heaven Can Wait
9 Charlotte The Harlot

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

PowerMaiden
03-19-2009, 10:27 PM
10 Total Eclipse

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

PowerMaiden
03-19-2009, 10:31 PM
11 The Trooper

:eek::party::allan:

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

PowerMaiden
03-19-2009, 10:36 PM
12 Hallowed Be Thy Name

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

PowerMaiden
03-19-2009, 10:39 PM
:fingers::dfork::666:

PowerMaiden
03-19-2009, 10:43 PM
13 Iron Maiden

:realchug:
PowerMaiden

PowerMaiden
03-19-2009, 10:48 PM
Encores

14 Running Free

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

PowerMaiden
03-19-2009, 10:51 PM
I'm Running Free Yeaaah ! :beer:

I'm Running Freeeeee !!!!!!

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

PowerMaiden
03-19-2009, 10:58 PM
15 Brave New World

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

PowerMaiden
03-19-2009, 11:05 PM
16 Children Of The Damned

overkiller
03-20-2009, 06:45 AM
Elévation
Le Secret
Alcest

JRA
03-20-2009, 08:01 AM
Fear Of The Dark
Fear Of The Dark
Iron Maiden

overkiller
03-20-2009, 09:51 AM
Eaten By Rats
Carelian Satanist Madness
Satanic Warmaster

JRA
03-20-2009, 12:25 PM
Earthshine (Remix)
Retrospective
Rush

Enh. The so called "shitty production" made this sound heavy as fuck. Now it sounds kinda castrated. And that lame "doo doo doo" is still in the prechorus.

Edit: and the guitar solo still sucks.

JRA
03-20-2009, 01:05 PM
Ghost Of A Chance (live)
Retrospective III
Rush

HOLY SHIT! This song PWNS!!

JRA
03-20-2009, 08:47 PM
Got Money
Tha Carter III
Lil Wayne

Edit: Well, you get what you ask for.

JRA
03-20-2009, 08:52 PM
Electric Relaxation
Midnight Marauders
A Tribe Called Quest

"Let me hit it from the back, girl I won't catch a hernia
Bust off on your couch, now you got Seamen's Furniture!"

JRA
03-20-2009, 08:55 PM
Say No Go
3 Feet High & Rising
De La Soul

How it should be done, chumps. :cool:

JRA
03-20-2009, 09:00 PM
4th Chamber
Liquid Swords
GZA

b_halperin
03-20-2009, 11:52 PM
Fear of the Dark (Live)
The Essential Iron Maiden
Iron Maiden

overkiller
03-21-2009, 07:56 AM
La Forêt De Cristal
Tristesse Hivernale
Alcest

b_halperin
03-21-2009, 08:06 AM
Darkness Incarnate
Godspeed on the Devil's Thunder
Cradle of Filth

if you like their new album, check out the album's t-shirt its insane.

http://www.hottopic.com/hottopic/store/product.jsp?FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=2534374302028391&PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=845524442189111&bmUID=1237647936929

look at the front and back of it. my parents wont let me wear it to school:party:

Spiral_Slave
03-21-2009, 08:28 AM
Room No. 99
The Chainheart Machine
Soilwork

JRA
03-21-2009, 08:31 AM
Back In Black
Back In Black
AC/DC

Spiral_Slave
03-21-2009, 08:59 AM
Sundown
Nine Destinies And A Downfall
Sirenia

b_halperin
03-21-2009, 10:22 AM
To Holmgard and Beyond
The Varagnian Way
Turisas

Spiral_Slave
03-21-2009, 10:26 AM
Mind Pollution
Feed The Beast
Bonded By Blood

:rocker::rocker::rocker:

b_halperin
03-21-2009, 10:27 AM
Empire of the Gun
Earthsblood
God Forbid

:rocker::rocker::rocker::rocker:

Maiden33
03-21-2009, 10:48 AM
The Bollard
Far From the Madding Crowd
Wuthering Heights

Wow, this is really awesome, I'm gonna have to get this.

SomewhereInTime72
03-21-2009, 12:34 PM
Robot Hive/Exodus
Clutch

overkiller
03-21-2009, 01:02 PM
Le Revenant
Vastiia Tenebrd Mortifera
Mortifera

overkiller
03-21-2009, 01:07 PM
A Last Breath Before Extinction
Vastiia Tenebrd Mortifera
Mortifera

Fwah, this is pretty excellent.

SomewhereInTime72
03-21-2009, 01:10 PM
Rock N' Roll Outlaw
Clutch
Clutch

:rocker: :rocker:

DethMaiden
03-21-2009, 01:14 PM
The Bollard
Wuthering Heights

References to Emily Bronte, Thomas Gray, and Thomas Hardy? Sounds pretty awesome to me actually. :lol:

ravenheart
03-21-2009, 02:01 PM
Samurai
Soul Collector
Vengeance

ravenheart
03-21-2009, 02:02 PM
The Bollard
Wuthering Heights

Of course it is. Everything Nils Patrick Johansson sings on is awesome. This is why you need to listen to Lions Share ;)

DethMaiden
03-21-2009, 03:40 PM
Gods of Wrath
Metal Church
Metal Church

You don't name your band something with "metal" in it and not back it up. This shit rules. :rocker:

overkiller
03-21-2009, 04:17 PM
Stemmen Fra Taarnet
Aske
Burzum

b_halperin
03-21-2009, 04:38 PM
My Will Be Done
The March
Unearth

JRA
03-21-2009, 05:16 PM
Speedwolf
Surrounded By Theives
High On Fire

JRA
03-21-2009, 05:27 PM
Hung, Drawn & Quartered
Surrounded By Thieves
High On Fire

DethMaiden
03-21-2009, 06:33 PM
Re-Arrange You
Operation: Mindcrime II
Queensrÿche

Second time in a row. Goddamn, this has to be close to their best post-Promised Land song.

JRA
03-22-2009, 09:11 AM
Presto
Presto
Rush

Maiden33
03-22-2009, 09:27 AM
Sapphire
The Fullness of Time
Redemption

b_halperin
03-22-2009, 09:33 AM
Ithyphallic
Ithyphallic
Nile

overkiller
03-22-2009, 10:38 AM
Solitude
Krov u nashykh Krynytsyakh (Blood in our Wells)
Drudkh

JRA
03-22-2009, 11:08 AM
Hole In The Sky (live)
Past Lives
Black Sabbath

Spiral_Slave
03-22-2009, 11:15 AM
Blue Powder
Passion And Warfare
Steve Vai

:drool:

SomewhereInTime72
03-22-2009, 12:10 PM
Re-Arrange You
Operation: Mindcrime II
Queensrÿche

Second time in a row. Goddamn, this has to be close to their best post-Promised Land song.

:confused: You misspelled Muderer?

Under The Stench
Buried Death
Coffins

:shred: :rocker: :bouville: :shred:

es156
03-22-2009, 12:12 PM
:confused: You misspelled Muderer?

:eyes:

:lol:

es156
03-22-2009, 12:17 PM
Paint A New World
Gambling With The Devil
Helloween

I must be an idiot/poser/etc. ;)

Spiral_Slave
03-22-2009, 04:55 PM
Warcurse
Hordes Of Chaos
Kreator

DethMaiden
03-22-2009, 05:30 PM
Destiny
Destiny
Stratovarius

Spiral_Slave
03-22-2009, 06:09 PM
Burnt Offerings
Burnt Offerings
Iced Earth

SomewhereInTime72
03-22-2009, 07:16 PM
Paint A New World
Gambling With The Devil
Helloween

I must be an idiot/poser/etc. ;)

:party: :party: :party:

Benedictine Convulsions
None So Vile
Cryptopsy

ADD
03-22-2009, 07:59 PM
Detox
Wehiku Czasu - Spodek '92
Dzem

ADD
03-23-2009, 11:03 AM
The Czar
Crack The Skye
Mastodon

ADD
03-23-2009, 11:08 AM
Ghost of Karelia
Crack The Skye
Mastodon

JRA
03-23-2009, 11:09 AM
Hearts Alive
Leviathan
Mastodon

ADD
03-23-2009, 11:14 AM
Crack The Skye
Crack The Skye
Mastodon

ADD
03-23-2009, 11:30 AM
The Last Baron
Crack The Skye
Mastodon

Verdict: great success. Pretty weird album though.

ADD
03-23-2009, 11:37 AM
Young Man Blues
Live At Leeds
The Who

JRA
03-23-2009, 11:50 AM
Young Man Blues
Live At Leeds
The Who

:party: :party: :party: :party:

Ruptured In Purulence
Symphonies Of Sickness
Carcass

JRA
03-23-2009, 11:55 AM
In The Shadows
Something Wild
Children of Bodom

ChildrenofSodom
03-23-2009, 02:42 PM
Help is Coming
TI vs TIP
TI

ChildrenofSodom
03-23-2009, 03:07 PM
Oblivion
Crack the Skye
Mastodon

First listen through. So far so good.

ChildrenofSodom
03-23-2009, 04:22 PM
The Wolf is Loose
Blood Mountain
Mastodon

Upon first listen, I dont like the new album as much as this one.

JRA
03-23-2009, 04:43 PM
When It Hurts So Bad
Lauryn Hill

b_halperin
03-23-2009, 05:03 PM
Disasterpiece
Iowa
Slipknot

Spiral_Slave
03-23-2009, 06:49 PM
Chasing The Dragon
The Divine Conspiracy
Epica

:drool::drool:

overkiller
03-23-2009, 06:51 PM
Inverted
From Wisdom to Hate
Gorguts

This album is a fucking head trip.

overkiller
03-23-2009, 07:07 PM
Nest of Hate
Dextronaut
Velvet Cacoon

Hmm, this is disappointingly pedestrian in comparison with Genevieve, which is fairly excellent.

JRA
03-23-2009, 07:21 PM
Oblivion
Crack The Skye
Mastodon

SomewhereInTime72
03-23-2009, 08:04 PM
Time To Kill
The Years Of Decay
Overkill

:horns:

JRA