The Time Of The Oath
Helloween

Great album. :rocker:

JRA
05-21-2009, 07:20 PM
She
Dressed To Kill
KISS

This has never occurred to me before for some reason, but this is a really, really, good song. Like, maybe top 10.

John The Drummer
05-21-2009, 07:34 PM
Deluge of Delusional Dreams
Emissaries
Melechesh

ADD
05-21-2009, 07:37 PM
Isak
Red Album
Baroness

Hella guitar :drool: :bliss: :light: :blaze: :horns:

Maiden33
05-21-2009, 07:52 PM
The Touch
One of a Kind
Killing Touch

:rocker::rocker:

SomewhereInTime72
05-21-2009, 08:38 PM
The Beginning and the End
Oceanic
Isis

SerpentineVIVIVI
05-22-2009, 05:45 AM
United Alliance
God's Equation
Pagan's Mind

Saw that these guys were going on tour with Stratovarius...they are quite good.

Maiden33
05-22-2009, 06:18 AM
United Alliance
God's Equation
Pagan's Mind

Saw that these guys were going on tour with Stratovarius...they are quite good.

Hell yeah!!! :rocker:

That band is so god damn bi-polar though.

SerpentineVIVIVI
05-22-2009, 06:45 AM
Hell yeah!!! :rocker:

That band is so god damn bi-polar though.

Are you seeing them in the city September? And how so?

Maiden33
05-22-2009, 06:47 AM
Are you seeing them in the city September? And how so?

Not 100% sure. I'm almost definitely seeing the tour at some point, but I'm not sure yet whether it will be in NYC on 9/16 or Baltimore on 9/23. I have to wait until closer to the dates to see.

SerpentineVIVIVI
05-22-2009, 06:49 AM
Not 100% sure. I'm almost definitely seeing the tour at some point, but I'm not sure yet whether it will be in NYC on 9/16 or Baltimore on 9/23. I have to wait until closer to the dates to see.

Same with me, I have to wait to see if college allows me to attend the NYC show. I would love to go too, I recently got into Stratovarius and I really dig em! Any reccomended records by em? And how are Pagan's Mind a bipolar band (I know nothing about them :lol:)

Maiden33
05-22-2009, 06:57 AM
Same with me, I have to wait to see if college allows me to attend the NYC show. I would love to go too, I recently got into Stratovarius and I really dig em! Any reccomended records by em? And how are Pagan's Mind a bipolar band (I know nothing about them :lol:)

for Stratovarius:
Their best album is Visions. This is very widely agreed upon by the fans and apparently the band themselves. Aside from that, I'd say Infinite is second-best and Destiny comes in third. The Elements albums are pretty solid though are a little different of an approach. Basically anything they put out from 1996 through 2004 is worth checking out. Coincidentally, I'd avoid everything else unless you are a die-hard fan.
I call Pagans Mind bipolar because the extreme changes within their songs. If you've heard "Atomic Firelight" you'll know what I'm talking about. They'll go from this really heavy breakdowns with tons of vocal effects to make Nils K Rue's voice sound incredibly harsh and distorted... and then transition into a super catchy and melodic section. It's kind of amusing. They are still a great band though and the amount of talent in each member is just amazing. Celestial Entrance and Enigmatic: Calling are both better than God's Equation though, IMO.

SerpentineVIVIVI
05-22-2009, 07:19 AM
for Stratovarius:
Their best album is Visions. This is very widely agreed upon by the fans and apparently the band themselves. Aside from that, I'd say Infinite is second-best and Destiny comes in third. The Elements albums are pretty solid though are a little different of an approach. Basically anything they put out from 1996 through 2004 is worth checking out. Coincidentally, I'd avoid everything else unless you are a die-hard fan.
I call Pagans Mind bipolar because the extreme changes within their songs. If you've heard "Atomic Firelight" you'll know what I'm talking about. They'll go from this really heavy breakdowns with tons of vocal effects to make Nils K Rue's voice sound incredibly harsh and distorted... and then transition into a super catchy and melodic section. It's kind of amusing. They are still a great band though and the amount of talent in each member is just amazing. Celestial Entrance and Enigmatic: Calling are both better than God's Equation though, IMO.

For Stratovarius, I first got Episode, and I really liked it, so that was a good start for me at least. I'll check out Visions and others for sure. Pagan's Mind sounded really good from the couple o' tracks I heard, so I will look into them more. Hopefully I get to see em at the city show! Thanks for the help :rocker:

True Believer
The Gathering
Testament

Can't wait :blaze:

Maiden33
05-22-2009, 07:29 AM
State of Grace
Return to Heaven Denied
Labyrinth

ChildrenofSodom
05-22-2009, 11:25 AM
That I Shouldn't Have
The Forming of the Shaping
Jae

Very good.

DethMaiden
05-22-2009, 11:27 AM
Shakedown at the Six
Ape Uprising
Slough Feg

I'd put money on this breaking the site's top ten this year.

ChildrenofSodom
05-22-2009, 08:10 PM
No Woman, No Cry
Natty Dread
Bob Marley

Maiden33
05-22-2009, 08:14 PM
Shakedown at the Six
Ape Uprising
Slough Feg

I'd put money on this breaking the site's top ten this year.

How do you figure?