PDA

View Full Version : Raven -- Allentown, PA -- September 12th, 2008

Maiden33
09-12-2008, 10:40 PM
FIRST OFF, I realize we're supposed to keep thread names down to one band name, but I just can't. Raven were technically headlining but I have the least info on them. And Of the 3 bands I have the most info on, none was really on a better billing than the other.

Alright, long story short: Aside from the 2 random schmuck bands in the bar and the 2nd rate cover band, this was a great show, and it was finally great for us to get to play with a bunch of bands in our general bracket of music. Zandelle were absolutely fucking awesome, Sacred Oath were pretty good, Raven were a ton of fun as always for what of their set I could stay for, and I felt my band played well and there were actually people really into our set.

Zandelle set list:
1.Blood Red Shores
2.Flames of Rage
3.The Champion
4.The Final Hour
5.Bringer of Doom
6.Inner Strength
7.Dragon's Hoard
8.Warlords of Steel (including about 2 minutes of Master of Puppets)

Necromance set list:
1.Necromance
2.The End of Our Days
3.Stand Up and Fight
4.The Prisoner (Iron Maiden)
5.Never Look Back
6.Destiny Calls
7.Power of the Night (Savatage)
Encore: (yes, actual by-demand encore)
8.Holy Diver (Dio) (on request)

Sacred Oath set list:
1.Two Powers
2.Darkness Visible
3.A Crystal Vision
4.Words Upon the Stone
5.Ferryman's Lair
6.Battle Cry
7.Rising From the Grave
I think they may have not actually played all of those songs, but I missed some of their set due to breakdown from my band's set, so I just have the physical paper and no way of knowing what actually got played. The songs I can garuntee were played were Two Powers, Ferryman's Lair, and Rising From the Grave.

Raven set list:
1.Take Control
2.Live at the Inferno
3.All For One
4.Breaking You Down (new)
5.? (didn't catch the name)
6.Rock Until You Drop
There was obviously a lot more but I had a killer headache and needed to get home and get to bed. I should hopefully be getting the correct set list soon and then updating.

hot_turkey_ed
09-13-2008, 03:50 AM
You're killing my headlines! :D

Maiden33
09-13-2008, 06:21 AM
You're killing my headlines! :D

I'm sorry, but I really didn't want this cut down to just my band. We were the least important band of the 4 set lists I gave, and for once my review didn't actually revolve around us... I just don't really know what better could be said.

hot_turkey_ed
09-13-2008, 06:51 AM
I'm sorry, but I really didn't want this cut down to just my band. We were the least important band of the 4 set lists I gave, and for once my review didn't actually revolve around us... I just don't really know what better could be said.

Ok...

mankvill
09-13-2008, 07:00 AM
NECROMANCE US TOUR! DO IT!

I'm not a numbuh
I'm a free man
:eek:

Bloodcurse
09-13-2008, 04:35 PM
Show was pretty good. Hung out backstage with Raven for a bit. Except for a few problems, due to a random loser (whom I won't even mention) who likes to talk shit about the show promoter, the show went well!!

Maiden33
09-13-2008, 04:55 PM
Show was pretty good. Hung out backstage with Raven for a bit. Except for a few problems, due to a random loser (whom I won't even mention) who likes to talk shit about the show promoter, the show went well!!

Yeah, that'd be Tony "The Metal Clown". He can be quite the ass.

Did you catch our set? I think I saw you at one point.

Bloodcurse
09-16-2008, 10:39 PM
Yup was Tony the Metal Fraud...what a fucking loser!!

Yeah i watched you guys for awhile, but then I needed a smoke and since PA laws changed, I had to go outside. BULLSHIT!

Derelict
09-17-2008, 08:07 PM
Yup was Tony the Metal Fraud...what a fucking loser!!

Yeah i watched you guys for awhile, but then I needed a smoke and since PA laws changed, I had to go outside. BULLSHIT!

Does this guy go to shows in Philly also, have short hair, and a horrendous moustache?

Maiden33
09-17-2008, 08:36 PM
Does this guy go to shows in Philly also, have short hair, and a horrendous moustache?

Nope. More like long brown hair with horribly cut bangs, and he's usually wearing godawful spandex pants.

Derelict
09-17-2008, 08:38 PM
Nope. More like long brown hair with horribly cut bangs, and he's usually wearing godawful spandex pants.

Oh boy...spandex in public. There's a dude who I see at every show in Allentown, Philly, and Sayreville, was hoping other people didn't like him either. But I would say that spandex takes the cake

Maiden33
09-17-2008, 09:08 PM
Oh boy...spandex in public. There's a dude who I see at every show in Allentown, Philly, and Sayreville, was hoping other people didn't like him either. But I would say that spandex takes the cake

I have a really good feeling you're talking about "Crazy Mike". He matches the image description you provided, and he's at shows in all of those locations. Is he often a loud, obnoxious, drunk ass?

Derelict
09-17-2008, 09:14 PM
I have a really good feeling you're talking about "Crazy Mike". He matches the image description you provided, and he's at shows in all of those locations. Is he often a loud, obnoxious, drunk ass?

It's possible....his key characteristic is an awful moustache..usually has a power metal band shirt on. I'll forever dislike him cause years ago, when i used to go in pits, he hit the ground, i helped pick him back up (which i always try to do when someone hits the ground so that no one gets hurt), and as soon as he got back on his feet, he shoved me. jackass

Maiden33
09-17-2008, 09:23 PM
It's possible....his key characteristic is an awful moustache..usually has a power metal band shirt on. I'll forever dislike him cause years ago, when i used to go in pits, he hit the ground, i helped pick him back up (which i always try to do when someone hits the ground so that no one gets hurt), and as soon as he got back on his feet, he shoved me. jackass

Is the man in this photo the one of which you speak?
http://photos-c.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-sf2p/v51/4/93/8229703/n8229703_31533402_2433.jpg
The photo is my friends from when we saw Iron Maiden like 2 years ago. Crazy Mike isn't a friend of mine, he just happens to know people I know, so he kind of thinks we're friends.

Derelict
09-17-2008, 09:26 PM
Yeah! Definitely him...glad to know we make fun of the same people :party:

Maiden33
09-17-2008, 09:31 PM
Yeah! Definitely him...glad to know we make fun of the same people :party:

Haha, fucking awesome. Yeah, there are a number of people that seem to do the rounds at every show in the eastern PA/NJ area, some of them are cool but there's douches as well.

Derelict
09-17-2008, 09:32 PM
I see that guy at every show and he gets more annoying every time...Thanks for the laughs tonight man

Bloodcurse
09-17-2008, 11:40 PM
and a jean vest w/ a bunch of 80s metal band patches. He stands out in a crowd haha. He's usally with a whale of a woman (whom is his girlfriend)

Maiden33
09-18-2008, 08:09 AM
and a jean vest w/ a bunch of 80s metal band patches. He stands out in a crowd haha. He's usally with a whale of a woman (whom is his girlfriend)

Yeah he does. Tony really thinks it's still like 1988. And though his girlfriend is quite large in size I don't like to make fun of her, she's a really nice person and frankly deserves to be with someone better than that assclown.