PDA

View Full Version : Metal Masters -- Tinley Park, IL -- August 19th, 2008

DethMaiden
08-21-2008, 09:55 AM
This was a terrific show. Testament didn't suck at all, Motorhead definitely did, Heaven and Hell were awesome, and Judas Fucking Priest made everything worthwhile. Setlists were all the same:

Testament:
01. Over The Wall
02. The New Order
03. Practice What You Preach
04. More Than Meets The Eye
05. Henchmen Ride
06. The Formation Of Damnation

Motorhead:

Dr. Rock
Stay Clean
Be My Baby
The Killers
Metropolis
Over The Top
In The Name Of Tragedy
Just 'Cos You Got The Power
Going To Brazil
Killed By Death
Ace Of Spades
Overkill

Heaven & Hell:

E5150
The Mob Rules
Children Of The Sea
I
The Sign of the Southern Cross
Drum Solo
Time Machine
Falling Off The Edge Of The World
Die Young
Heaven And Hell (extended version)
Neon Knights

Judas Priest:

Dawn Of Creation
Prophecy
Metal Gods
Eat Me Alive
Between The Hammer And The Anvil
Devil's Child
Breaking The Law
Hell Patrol
Dissident Aggressor
Angel
The Hellion / Electric Eye
Rock Hard, Ride Free
Painkiller
--ENCORE--
Hell Bent For Leather
The Green Manalishi
You've Got Another Thing Coming

ChildrenofSodom
08-21-2008, 02:32 PM
You said you hated that drum solo.

SomewhereInTime72
08-21-2008, 02:35 PM
Testament didn't suck at all, Motorhead definitely did,

http://www.galeon.com/allmusic/caratulas/p/Pantera_-_Vulgar_Display_Of_Power_-_front.jpg

DethMaiden
08-21-2008, 03:08 PM
You said you hated that drum solo.

I copy pasted that entire thing from Steve's without reading it :eyes: Setlists fixed too, they weren't even right. :eyes:

DethMaiden
08-21-2008, 03:35 PM
I was feeling really lazy when I first posted this, but let me give an attempted rundown of the gig:

When we got there we were told the lawn was closed and everyone with lawn tickets would get a free upgrade to the seats. This included us. That was awesome. Before Testament went on we met up with Eric (es156) and chatted, then he went down to his seat (he would also come chat with us in between bands, but security were dicks so it was always limited because he was apparently standing in some fire lane or something haha).

Testament were pretty listenable actually. I enjoyed them even though I wasn't familiar with most of the stuff. Skolnick shreds like few others, gotta love him.

Motorhead were terrible. Just terrible. I hate Motorhead. Even Ace of Spades, which I thought I liked, was terrible. Buncha knuckleheads.

Heaven and Hell were great, and I'm glad they kept the majority of my favorite Dio Sabbath songs in the abbreviated set (despite the stupid move of dropping Computer God and After All so Time Machine could represent Dehumanizer. Time Machine sucks). In particular, "Children of the Sea" and "The Sign of the Southern Cross" were amazing to hear again.

JUDAS FUCKING PRIEST. It borders on irrational how awesome they sounded, looked, and just simply were. Everyone was firing on all cylinders, and Halford needs to give Bruce a lesson in how to sing when you're old. He sounded great because he only sang what he was capable of singing, and when he busted out some crazy high note or held a note for half a minute, it was that much more rewarding. The unison headbanging was crazy awesome, "Prophecy" made me strangely want more Nostradamus tracks to be played, and the three Painkiller songs made this set a strong contender for top live show of the year. Oh wait, I saw Maiden twice. Well, third is respectable too. ;) Go see Priest, they rule.

ADD
08-21-2008, 04:16 PM
Motorhead outta be headlining this damn tour :mad: :flame:

Nah, but really you must grow a sack :tongue: What is not to love about Motorhead?

ChildrenofSodom
08-21-2008, 04:19 PM
Nah, but really you must grow a sack :tongue: What is not to love about Motorhead?

Their music.

It was a great show.

GOTTA DIE TILL THE DAY YOU DO IT!!!

DethMaiden
08-21-2008, 04:51 PM
http://www.galeon.com/allmusic/caratulas/p/Pantera_-_Vulgar_Display_Of_Power_-_front.jpg

What, are we all just providing examples of things that suck?

metalrulez
08-21-2008, 06:01 PM
not getting motorhead in connecticut sucks also..... at least y'all had a chance to see them....
:bouville:

TonyD
08-21-2008, 11:34 PM
Something is not right here

SomewhereInTime72
08-22-2008, 07:38 AM

http://seiryuulostmymusic.files.wordpress.com/2008/02/facepalm.jpg

JRA
08-22-2008, 08:44 AM
Motorhead outta be headlining this damn tour :mad: :flame:

Enh...perhaps above Heaven & Hell, but headlining? No.

Sinfulsot
08-22-2008, 06:14 PM

definitely above H&H...

es156
08-22-2008, 07:25 PM

definitely above H&H...

You guys can't be serious.

Maiden33
08-22-2008, 07:30 PM

I second that. Seriously. Motorhead headlining above Sabbath with Dio? :confused:

ChildrenofSodom
08-22-2008, 08:02 PM

The worst is..I think they are. :hecho:

Sinfulsot
09-04-2008, 07:40 AM
thread resurrection...

Heaven and Hell were great, and I'm glad they kept the majority of my favorite Dio Sabbath songs in the abbreviated set (despite the stupid move of dropping Computer God and After All so Time Machine could represent Dehumanizer. Time Machine sucks). In particular, "Children of the Sea" and "The Sign of the Southern Cross" were amazing to hear again.

i agree, Time Machine does suck, but they played I, which perhaps is one of the better tracks from Dehumanizer.

Sinfulsot
09-04-2008, 08:24 PM
and while late (as usual), if H&H represents 3 studio albums, and Motorhead represents their entire catalog, it seems like H&H should be before motorhead on this tour. but it's just about over and my opinions and comments are a day late (more like 3 weeks late) and a dollar short. but that's one more post to the count... i'm at werk. it's near the end of my shiftand i've been flop sweating for most of it...

Elvenking
09-08-2008, 06:47 AM
I was feeling really lazy when I first posted this, but let me give an attempted rundown of the gig:

When we got there we were told the lawn was closed and everyone with lawn tickets would get a free upgrade to the seats. This included us. That was awesome. Before Testament went on we met up with Eric (es156) and chatted, then he went down to his seat (he would also come chat with us in between bands, but security were dicks so it was always limited because he was apparently standing in some fire lane or something haha).

the security there gets worse and worse, and it is becuase they are trying to sell the place. Basically they want to turn fans away, and just treat everyone like shit, when i got there i was trying to purchase a lawn seat and had to purches a seat which was more money just becuase lawn was closed. I compeltly lost it on a few ticket people and there managar, it was complete bs, but they are horrible there for a reason, they don't want anymore shows there, and they are making that very clear

JudasPriest89
02-28-2010, 02:42 PM

IT DOSEN'T SUCK DAMN IT!!!!

mankvill
02-28-2010, 02:59 PM

holy shit, slag on pantera and the fanboys butthurt alarm will go off no matter where they are

Wrathchild_84
02-28-2010, 11:32 PM

Yes it does.

JRA
03-01-2010, 12:05 AM
holy shit, slag on pantera and the fanboys butthurt alarm will go off no matter where they are

Tell me about it, this thread is from two fuckin years ago, too.:tp:

DethMaiden
03-01-2010, 08:12 AM
I was kidding about Vulgar Display anyhow, it's a good record. :snivel:

JudasPriest89
03-08-2010, 03:58 PM
I was kidding about Vulgar Display anyhow, it's a good record. :snivel:

You're damn right it is :axe:

JudasPriest89
03-08-2010, 04:24 PM

Good god if you're kidding why don't you act like it?!?!?!

mankvill
03-08-2010, 05:30 PM
Good god if you're kidding why don't you act like it?!?!?!

I wholeheartedly believe Pantera sucks.

JudasPriest89
03-08-2010, 05:40 PM
I wholeheartedly believe Pantera sucks.

Fine.I'm just being stupid I respect you if you do,I don't but whatever

mankvill
03-08-2010, 05:43 PM
Fine.I'm just being stupid I respect you if you do,I don't but whatever

Naw, it's all good. :fist: Diversity makes the metal world go 'round.