PDA

View Full Version : HELP HELP HELP

ChildrenofSodom
07-19-2008, 06:04 PM
I need some help with my iPod. Its an 80 GB classic. I set it in my cup holder in my car, while it was plugged into my FM transmitter/charger, but I had turned the volume all the way down. Well, apparently a bottle of water I had in the holder earlier had leaked, and I can assume that my iPod got wet. I didnt notice what was going on until I got home and unplugged it. Usually when I pull it out, the screen lights up and I have to manually turn it off. The screen showed that it was locked, but the switch was in the off position. I toggle it a few times, but nothing happened. I held the center button and the menu button at the same time, and I held the center button and the play button at the same time. Nothing. I held the two side buttons at the same time. I put the iPod in front of my heater, and even tried to suck some of the moisture out.

Now it is just showing the 'screen saver' timer and the locked symbol. Its still on and playing, but I cant unlock it. I just bought a bag of rice, because a friend told me a while back that if you drop your phone in the toilet, putting it in rice will soak up all the water and it will work good-as-new. Besides that, I dont know what to do.

I dont know if its under warranty, because I had the back engraved. I am going to check later tonight though. In the meantime, any suggestions on what to do to fix my 7 month old iPod?

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU

ravenheart
07-19-2008, 07:27 PM
Wait for the battery to run out, then recharge (making sure it's fully dried out) and see if it will restart?

Does it have one of those restart buttons you have to use a paperclip to press?

ChildrenofSodom
07-19-2008, 07:33 PM
Wait for the battery to run out, then recharge (making sure it's fully dried out) and see if it will restart?

Does it have one of those restart buttons you have to use a paperclip to press?

No..I dont see any place for a restart.

Div
07-19-2008, 07:59 PM
Sounds like "car kit mode" which happened to my friends cell phone awhile back when it detected moisture and locked everything up.

rjturtle9
07-19-2008, 07:59 PM
maybe u didn't hold menu and center long enough. i thought that u just had to hold it for like 2 seconds but i later found out u have to hold it for like 15. if not idk

ChildrenofSodom
07-19-2008, 08:11 PM
maybe u didn't hold menu and center long enough. i thought that u just had to hold it for like 2 seconds but i later found out u have to hold it for like 15. if not idk

I'll try it, but I have my doubts.

ChildrenofSodom
07-19-2008, 09:17 PM
Okay..so...two hours ago, I put it in rice, but half an hour later I took it out because i was hungry. :hecho:

I set it on the counter, and just now picked it up...and it works fine. Not sure what the deal was there.

ChildrenofSodom
07-19-2008, 09:30 PM
Shit on my balls. It works now, but apparently the face plate and switch are loose so it keeps locking up. I can unlock it by clamping the face plate. This sucks.

mankvill
07-19-2008, 11:41 PM
www.techsupportforum.com

They will help with anything.

Seriously.

Wrathchild_84
07-20-2008, 03:29 PM
Since I bought the extended warranty when I got my 160G I just take it in and get a new one whenever something goes wrong.

ChildrenofSodom
07-20-2008, 05:52 PM
Well, now its working without any problems. I dont know what happened.