PDA

View Full Version : The Dark Knight

SirLardsAlot
07-18-2008, 01:12 AM
Just got back from the midnight release .... oh my fucking god.

We got there around 11 and there was the biggest line I'd ever seen for a movie in my whole life. The line went around the entire perimeter of the theater and well into the parking lot, and it's a 16-theater building.

Anyway, we get in and it was all-out mayhem. 10 of the theaters were showing the movie, and basically instead of going to where their ticket said, everyone just rushed any theater. We looked through 6 of the theaters before we found seats, and they were in the second row from the front, which kinda sucked. But that doesnt matter, because the movie itself was absolutely in-fucking-credible.

Christian Bale played a very good Batman and Bruce Wayne. Calm, cool, and collected as Bruce, and badass as Batman. This leads us to Heath Ledger. Now, god rest his soul, but going into this movie, hearing reviews that say "Ledger deserves an Oscar for his role." and so on, I kinda felt that they were overplaying it because of his unfortunate demise. Well, after leaving that theater, I was singing a different toon. Ledger's grasp of the Joker was incredible. He was eerie, creepy, dark, and even scary throughout the whole movie, and he did an amazing job.

*Semi Spoiler*

Now, because of all the media attention over Ledger's death and hype about his role as the joker, many people overlooked Aaron Eckhart's role as Harvey Dent, a.k.a. Two-Face. Now, I've never seen any other of Eckhart's movies, heck, I'd never even heard of him, but he too played his part in the movie very well.

Overall, I can say that this is easily the best movie I've seen this year and it will definately be one of the more remembered movies of our time. 10/10

TonyD
07-18-2008, 03:46 AM
Almost totally agreed.
The theater wasn't so much chaotic, but still busy.
It really is one of those must see movies, even in you didn't see the first. This should be the end of the 2 batman movie curse.

This time around there wasn't much focus on Bruce Wayne and his character wasn't developed very much because of that. The Joker and Harvey Dent were the real interesting ones, and depending on what the turnout is on the rest of the movies this year, Heath Ledger may well deserve an oscar.

I still hold Iron Man as my favorite movie so far this year, but this is a much better movie. If you don't get what I'm saying, an extreme example would be comparing The Big Lebowski to Casablanca.

DethMaiden
07-18-2008, 05:08 AM
I MUST SEE THIS AND I WILL ON SATURDAY

EvilCheeseWedge
07-18-2008, 08:43 AM
I MUST SEE THIS AND I WILL ON SATURDAY

Same here :D

SomewhereInTime72
07-18-2008, 10:08 AM
Very, very, excited to see this.

rjturtle9
07-18-2008, 01:47 PM
i'm going saturday. must see this movie!!!!

Div
07-18-2008, 03:47 PM
What theater did you go to, was it the one by the mall in Rockaway?

Wrathchild_84
07-18-2008, 04:42 PM
I just got back from seeing it. Now that was a fucking movie. I can only imagine now where Chris will go with the third movie.

SirLardsAlot
07-18-2008, 07:46 PM
What theater did you go to, was it the one by the mall in Rockaway?

Yeah the AMC in Rockaway.

powerslave_85
07-18-2008, 07:58 PM
Two more hours!!!

I'm going to see it again tomorrow, haha.

SirLardsAlot
07-18-2008, 08:55 PM
Two more hours!!!

I'm going to see it again tomorrow, haha.

Yeah I need to see it again.

powerslave_85
07-19-2008, 01:46 AM
What brilliant, outstanding movie. No superhero movie will ever top this, and no superhero villian will ever top this movie's Joker.

****SLIGHT SPOILER ALERT****

"Do you want to see a magic trick?"
HOLY FUCKING SHIT.

JRA
07-19-2008, 07:07 PM
What brilliant, outstanding movie. No superhero movie will ever top this, and no superhero villian will ever top this movie's Joker.

HOLY FUCKING SHIT.

I still have yet to see the movie, and I peeked at this quote, and now I hate myself for doing so.

Div
07-19-2008, 08:55 PM

HOLY FUCKING SHIT.

holy fucking shit indeed :eek:

i just got back from seeing it, and as everyone else says, the joker was one hell of a villian, its just a real shame that noone will be able to do that role ever again. i got great seats, the crowd wasnt too noisy during the movie (for a theater in NJ anyway), and there was even some guy at the theater dressed up as the joker, green hair, makeup, purple suit and everything haha. my friend offered me to go see it in IMAX monday night, im still trying to decide, tickets are 20 bucks.

ChildrenofSodom
07-19-2008, 09:14 PM
I'm not the biggest Batman fan, but I'll probably find myself going to see this soon. No one has invited me to go along, so I'll just fly solo.

JRA
07-19-2008, 09:37 PM
FUCK YOU ENCYLOPEDIA DRAMAITCA!

I was trolling to make fun of sonic fans, and I clicked on a "Dark Knight" link out of curiosity...

Right at the very top: LOL 2FACEDIES!!!

bastards.

DethMaiden
07-20-2008, 09:02 AM
BALLS ON MAH FACE THIS MOVIE IS AWESOME

Ledger deserves a posthumous supporting actor Oscar.

powerslave_85
07-20-2008, 10:34 AM
I still think this Oscar talk is a tad ridiculous, but the Joker was absolutely flawless.

JRA
07-20-2008, 11:52 AM
I still think this Oscar talk is a tad ridiculous, but the Joker was absolutely flawless.

If you're gonna deck yourself out in Joker stuff, shouldn't your location read "Arkham Asylum" or "Gotham"? :D

rjturtle9
07-20-2008, 12:28 PM
saw it yesterday! amazing! sure as hell beat iron man to me

SirLardsAlot
07-20-2008, 03:06 PM
and there was even some guy at the theater dressed up as the joker, green hair, makeup, purple suit and everything haha.Haha yeah when I went opening night there were alot of people in costume. The best was some dude dressed up at a Batmobile. He just wore a big cardboard box that he painted black and painted headlights on, hahah.

JRA
07-20-2008, 04:59 PM
Just saw it. Wow. And usually when things are hyped up for me it ruins it.

DethMaiden
07-20-2008, 05:42 PM

Supporting actor last year went to Javier Bardem, whose character was similarly deranged (albeit a bit better acted). I don't see why it's out of the question.

JRA
07-20-2008, 06:21 PM
Supporting actor last year went to Javier Bardem, whose character was similarly deranged (albeit a bit better acted). I don't see why it's out of the question.

It's out of the question because The Academy Awards take themselves way too seriously to give an award to a comic book movie. And even if Heath Ledger does get nominated, let alone wins, it will only be because he's dead.

DethMaiden
07-20-2008, 06:23 PM
It's out of the question because The Academy Awards take themselves way too seriously to give an award to a comic book movie. And even if Heath Ledger does get nominated, let alone wins, it will only be because he's dead.

The Dark Knight does seem to stand apart from other comic book movies as far as actual quality of film though. I mean, I love the X-Men movies with all my heart but Hugh Jackman wasn't about to get the Oscar for being a badass.

Div
07-20-2008, 07:07 PM
If he does get an award for the role I would hope it isn't just because he's dead, I think this joker will be remembered for a long time to come.

BTW how DID he get those scars?

powerslave_85
07-20-2008, 07:15 PM
BTW how DID he get those scars?There isn't one agreed-upon backstory for the Joker, not even in the comic books*. Part of his character is that he keeps making up different stories.

*In The Killing Joke, he gives a detailed story about how he was a failed comedian who fell in a vat of chemicals, but there are so many other versions over the years that it's probably bullshit.

JRA
07-20-2008, 08:10 PM
There isn't one agreed-upon backstory for the Joker, not even in the comic books*. Part of his character is that he keeps making up different stories.

*In The Killing Joke, he gives a detailed story about how he was a failed comedian who fell in a vat of chemicals, but there are so many other versions over the years that it's probably bullshit.

a) I have no idea where I first heard this, but to me it was always that he was a gang leader who fell in a vat of chemicals and became a different person altogether.

b) In the beginning of that, Batman goes in to have a real conversation with Joker about what's going to happen between the two of them, of course he only discovers that the Joker escpaed but, still. I want somebody to actually make a story out of that. Or just a side panel or something.

SirLardsAlot
07-20-2008, 08:46 PM
Like previously said, The Joker has no true consistant back story. The most wide-spread and most well known story, is as Nick loosely said ( ;) ), that he fell into a vat of chemicals.

In the original DC comics, when they first talk of his backstory, he was a scientist who ended up trying to steal from the company he worked for and he went by the name Red Hood (I think that's what it was). During a robbery against this company, Batman came to save the day and in the process, Red Hood fell into a vat of chemicals. When he emerged, he came out looking like the Joker and then went with that.

As far as The Killing Joke series goes, he was an engineer and had a pregnant wife. He hated his job and took up being a stand up comedian and tried to help support his wife, but the comedy wasn't bringing in enough money. So he gets involved with a small criminal gang who were planning on robbing or commiting some sort of crime against the company he had worked for. One night while planning one of the crimes, he is informed by police that his wife had died in some sort of accident. He wants out of the crime group but the others in teh group wont let him. The night that they go in to do the crime, they run into security and his two accomplices are killed and he begins to escape. He ends up running into Batman (while still in the company), and in an attempt to escape he jumps over a rail and ends up falling into the vat of chemicals. When he eventually ends up down in a reservoir, he gets out looking like the Joker, goes nuts, and becomes the Joker.

The first time he was ever given a name for his real identity was in Batman where Jack Nicholson plays the Joker, he is given the name Jack Napier. Then in a more recent DC Batman series, they stick with having his real name be Jack.

/loved Batman growing up :D

powerslave_85
07-20-2008, 08:50 PM
I was really really glad they didn't try to give him a back story or an identity in this movie. It worked so much better for him to just burst in with no explanation.

JRA
07-20-2008, 08:55 PM
It's weird, aside from one encyclopedia type book, I have never owned a single Batman book in my life. Yet somehow, the guy managed to snaggle a place into my childhood. I watched the animated series whenever I could, and I loved both Batman Forever and Batman & Robin. Of course back then I was too stupid to realize what very little value those two movies actually held, but the point is I ate that shit up back in the day.

B&R does have one redeemable quality, it was the only time in my eyes that Uma Thurman was considered wack off material (and yes that includes Pulp Fiction).

SirLardsAlot
07-20-2008, 09:22 PM
It's weird, aside from one encyclopedia type book, I have never owned a single Batman book in my life. Yet somehow, the guy managed to snaggle a place into my childhood. I watched the animated series whenever I could, and I loved both Batman Forever and Batman & Robin. Of course back then I was too stupid to realize what very little value those two movies actually held, but the point is I ate that shit up back in the day.

B&R does have one redeemable quality, it was the only time in my eyes that Uma Thurman was considered wack off material (and yes that includes Pulp Fiction).
Yeah, see I never really got into comics. But I saw every single episode of the Batman: Animated Series, it was my favorite show as a kid. Also, the original Batman movie from the last 60's with Adam West was one of my favorite movies as a kid, and still is. That got me into the original TV series with Adam West, and I also enjoyed the more recent movies of the past 20 years.

TonyD
07-20-2008, 10:06 PM
Is anyone else boggled by how the depiction of the entire Batman world has changed from the Adam West shows to this movie?

SirLardsAlot
07-20-2008, 10:42 PM
Is anyone else boggled by how the depiction of the entire Batman world has changed from the Adam West shows to this movie?Yes and no.

I started writing this big multi-paragraph post, and by the 3rd paragraph, I kinda changed what I was thinking, haha. Anyway, I agree with you because even though it's the same story (kinda), the same hero fighting the same foe, they movies couldn't be more different, and it's rather bizarre. But at the same time, back in the day, those comic books had a much lighter, more fun sense to them. But in the 80's and so on, comics began to take a darker, more thriller sense to them. And so with the change in the comics, there was a new style for the movies.

Thats how I see it.

Div
07-20-2008, 10:44 PM
Well it's simple really,

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v186/petethefool/batman_bomb.jpghttp://www.batmania.com.ar/images/images_serie/joker_01.jpg
http://bruehoyt.com/superheroes/DC/batman/bruce/batmankeaton1.jpghttp://uragoodone.files.wordpress.com/2007/11/jn.jpg
http://images.wikia.com/marvel_dc/images/3/33/Batman_joker_tv.jpg
http://blog.news-record.com/staff/culture/Batman-Joker.jpg

SirLardsAlot
07-20-2008, 10:46 PM
Cesar Romero was a great Joker :D I love the original movie and TV series so much.

DethMaiden
07-21-2008, 09:56 AM
Goddamn, the other Jokers look really silly next to Ledger's :lol:

EvilCheeseWedge
07-21-2008, 10:53 AM
I saw Dark Knight twice this weekend. Absolutely amazing. One of those movies where every aspect is well conceived and crafted. I pretty much had to see it again though... the crowd was so loud the first time I missed a ton of dialogue.

I also have to say I went in apprehensive that Ledger's Joker would live up to the shit-ton of Hype (Oscarzzz!111) but I am convinced. That was a hell of a performance.

SirLardsAlot
07-21-2008, 01:46 PM
I HOPE THEY KEEP DOING THESE MOVIES AND IN THE NEXT ONE THE RIDDLER IS THE BAD GUY AND THEY CAST DANE COOK TO PLAY HIM HE'S SO FUNNY LOLOLOLOLOL

--- Possible Spoilers (Though I think everyone's seen the movie ...) ---

But seriously, I'd like to see if the Nolan's can do another Batman, and while I think it's pretty much impossible to top this one, I'd like to see more from them. And if they did come out with another, who do you guys, or who would you, like to see as the villain and who would you like like to see play the role?

I personally wouldn't mind any of these:

The Riddler -
Penguin -
Catwoman -
Clayface -

Hell, I think it would even be cool if they worked Harley Quinn into the mix. Even though the Joker never died or anything in Dark Knight, it's pretty obvious he won't be returning in the next one, so they could say that the Joker was killed and Harley out to avenge him.

Hmm, I'm having trouble coming up with actors who would fill those roles very well. I'll think about it and come back and edit this post ... but I'd like to see what you guys think anyway.

SomewhereInTime72
07-21-2008, 03:25 PM
I saw this in IMAX today. Absolutely incredible.

JRA
07-21-2008, 05:30 PM
Penguin -

Correct Answer.

Wrathchild_84
07-21-2008, 06:29 PM
Since I have the night off I think I might catch it again tonight. When it comes to Villains for the next movie, I would like to see the Scarecrow come back and actually have a big role this time. I would also really like to see the Mad Hatter. I doubt they would do Bane but I would love to see him done properly. Black Mask would be cool; a proper Poison Ivy would also be nice. Some others I would like to see would be Killer Croc, Deadshot, Clock King and a dark narcissistic Riddler.

powerslave_85
07-21-2008, 06:45 PM
Correct Answer.
Only if they cast Dick Cheney.

Div
07-21-2008, 06:46 PM
a riddler would be cool, they could use his method to do some really interesting things with the plot. Dr. hugo strange would make a good supporting villian too. But whatever villian they choose to do, i hope they follow the pattern theyve been doing so far and make the villian believable and not so much a stereotypical "bad guy in a costume". I also think mutants and other corny 80's things would undo the reputation these films have built so far.

SomewhereInTime72
07-21-2008, 06:48 PM
Clayface and Hush. :bouville:

ChildrenofSodom
07-21-2008, 10:51 PM
************------SPOILER ALERT------******************

Just saw it. Amazing. Even if you put aside Ledger's performance, the little stuff was amazing. At one point, Batman breaks a window, and then immediately breaks the guy's arm..and the sounds are almost the same. BRILLIANT! The prisoners with the detonator. SO UNEXPECTED! Morgan Freeman being the ONLY one who can handle the task, just a continuation of Freeman's God/President/General reputation.

Awesome Awesome Awesome. Oscars all around.

TonyD
07-21-2008, 10:59 PM
Only if they cast Dick Cheney.

Or John Stewart impersonating Dick Cheney

I think your quote (the magic trick thing) was one of the most brutal things you would never expect, and that was what set the tone for his role. From there he stepped up from Jack Nicholson to something we've never seen before.

ChildrenofSodom
07-21-2008, 11:05 PM
What they could have done was thrown a female into the Joker's posse, who is not dressed like Harley Quinn, but is still abused and spared the fate of his other men. Then, a sequel with her would be possible...or...since Poison Ivy was somewhat involved with Harvey in the comics, she could have been brought up to make way for a tag-team sequel.

ChildrenofSodom
07-21-2008, 11:05 PM
Or John Stewart impersonating Dick Cheney

I think your quote (the magic trick thing) was one of the most brutal things you would never expect, and that was what set the tone for his role. From there he stepped up from Jack Nicholson to something we've never seen before.

That was the hook for me.

DreamEvil001
07-22-2008, 01:03 AM
it was okay. Ledger was definitely amazing, but overall it didn't really hit me. Something about it didn't work and I'm not quite sure what it is yet, but it definitely wasn't oscar worthy

SirLardsAlot
07-22-2008, 06:52 AM
it was okay. Ledger was definitely amazing, but overall it didn't really hit me. Something about it didn't work and I'm not quite sure what it is yet, but it definitely wasn't oscar worthy

Get out.

ChildrenofSodom
07-22-2008, 09:57 AM
One of the few things I didnt like was Batman's voice. Annoying as hell.

Div
07-22-2008, 09:58 AM
He spoke like that so people didn't recognize his voice as bruce wayne.

DethMaiden
07-22-2008, 10:01 AM

Yeah, true to the comics.

Anyway, even though I'm totally pro-Oscar for Ledger right now, I think we have to keep in mind that it's July and studios save their Oscar movies for October or November. I mean, last year Juno, There Will Be Blood, and No Country for Old Men were released within like six weeks of each other. So maybe we shouldn't jump the gun, no matter how fucking incredible Ledger was.

SirLardsAlot
07-22-2008, 10:32 AM
--- Spoiler ---

The only thing that I didn't like about the movie was that they used CGI for Two Face's face. Actual make up would have been much better.

SomewhereInTime72
07-22-2008, 10:42 AM
--- Spoiler ---

The only thing that I didn't like about the movie was that they used CGI for Two Face's face. Actual make up would have been much better.

I thought that was actually done really well. It would've been damn hard to pull that off with make up.

ChildrenofSodom
07-22-2008, 10:44 AM

Yeah...but it was REALLY annoying. Could have been better

SirLardsAlot
07-22-2008, 10:47 AM
I thought that was actually done really well. It would've been damn hard to pull that off with make up.I mean for being CGI, it was done well. They should have gotten Tom Savini to do it :D

Also, did anyone ever check out www.ibelieveinharveydent.com ? I wish I had seen it before the movie came out. It was one of the big promo things that they did for the movie.

Div
07-22-2008, 11:19 AM
Actual make up would have been much better.

ORLY?

http://www.polarblairsden.com/superherobatmanforevertwoface01.jpg

ChildrenofSodom
07-22-2008, 11:32 AM
It actually look liked the other side of his face had been melted away.

Div
07-22-2008, 11:51 AM
In the new movie it did, yea.

DethMaiden
07-22-2008, 12:12 PM
I sorta agree with Steve. Deformity can be a lot more terrifying and effective with a really good makeup job, i.e. The Elephant Man. Also, putting the very real Joker next to the very CGI Two Face was kinda awkward at times.

ChildrenofSodom
07-22-2008, 12:20 PM
I sorta agree with Steve. Deformity can be a lot more terrifying and effective with a really good makeup job, i.e. The Elephant Man. Also, putting the very real Joker next to the very CGI Two Face was kinda awkward at times.

I disagree. The CGI face looked real. Twoface didnt make his own face look like that, like the Joker did. Of course Ledger wearing makeup looked good, because the Joker himself put on the makeup.

DethMaiden
07-22-2008, 12:47 PM
We're really just nitpicking because the movie was incredible as it was :lol: But the CGI vs. makeup thing is one slight thing that could have been changed for the better.

DreamEvil001
07-22-2008, 01:29 PM
I thought two face looked pretty damn good as he was, I don't think makeup could have done better

SirLardsAlot
07-22-2008, 02:34 PM
Haha, I'm such a nerd ....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v137/SirLardsAlot/Me/SteveHarveyDent2.jpg

rjturtle9
07-22-2008, 02:40 PM
haha wtf is that

DethMaiden
07-22-2008, 02:50 PM
Haha, I'm such a nerd ....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v137/SirLardsAlot/Me/SteveHarveyDent2.jpg

:lol: :lol: :lol:

SomewhereInTime72
07-22-2008, 03:46 PM
Hahahaha!

SirLardsAlot
07-22-2008, 03:50 PM
haha wtf is thatwww.ibelieveinharveydent.com

rjturtle9
07-24-2008, 05:23 PM
damn just saw it again today. it seriously is the best movie of the year

Wrathchild_84
07-31-2008, 07:04 PM
I saw it again last night, it was definitely better the first time.

DethMaiden
07-31-2008, 08:07 PM
I saw it again last night, it was definitely better than the first time.

Fixed. ;)

Wrathchild_84
07-31-2008, 09:07 PM
Fixed. ;)

Don't get me wrong I really enjoyed the movie but I still think Mask Of The Phantasm is the best Batman movie.

Sinfulsot
08-03-2008, 07:40 PM

CGI never really bothered me. I liked the lip and the exposed teeth, ala Jonah Hex.

I didn't like that he died. even if they don't use the villian again later in the franchise, i like how it is left open, be it captured and imprisoned or even if he gets away, that he is still around and could potentially cause trouble for our hero, kind of makes it for me.

the next villian(s) i'd like to see are The Riddler and Clayface. The Penguin is prob'ly the most likely, however.

es156
08-03-2008, 08:11 PM
Alright, I finally saw this movie tonight and I will definitely say that it was awesome. The only real complaint I have is the ending. Maybe someone can enlighten me but I don't really see the point in pinning the murders on Batman. Other than that I think it was a great action movie.

I also thought that the preview of the next Terminator movie was interesting. They obviously didn't show much, but what they did show looked pretty cool to me.

Sinfulsot
08-03-2008, 08:37 PM
i just saw it tonight as well.

Batman's conversation with Gordon said it all. Batman is what Gotham needs him to be. it was also to protect Dent's reputation.

es156
08-03-2008, 08:42 PM
i just saw it tonight as well.

Batman's conversation with Gordon said it all. Batman is what Gotham needs him to be. it was also to protect Dent's reputation.

And they couldn't come up with some other way? Were there any witnesses? What about Ramirez (?female cop that called Gordon's wife at the end?)

Sinfulsot
08-03-2008, 08:50 PM
I saw it as a resolution of Bruce Wayne's conflict as evidenced by the copycats Batman thwarted in the beginning of the flick. Batman saw Dent as the true hero of Gotham. a hero with a face, not a mask. part of saving Dent's rep was to perpetuate this.

Alfred had also said that Batman can make choices that cops and DAs couldn't make. choices that may lean outside the law, but the right choice given Batman's moral code or his set of rules or however you want to think of it.

Ramirez survived; she got the good side of the coin i belive.

Wrathchild_84
08-03-2008, 09:04 PM
CGI never really bothered me. I liked the lip and the exposed teeth, ala Jonah Hex.

I didn't like that he died. even if they don't use the villian again later in the franchise, i like how it is left open, be it captured and imprisoned or even if he gets away, that he is still around and could potentially cause trouble for our hero, kind of makes it for me.

the next villian(s) i'd like to see are The Riddler and Clayface. The Penguin is prob'ly the most likely, however.

Nolan has said he has no interest in doing the Penguin because he's to "far fetched." But from what I’ve heard the studio wants Philip Seymour Hoffman to play The Penguin. AlsonTwo-Face could still be alive, if you look you can see his chest is still moving his after he falls. Also you don't see a body at the memorial. And fFrom what I've heard Catwoman and Mad Hatter are both possibilities for the next movie and apparently the studio wants Johnny Depp to play the Riddler.

DethMaiden
08-03-2008, 09:11 PM
Hoffman as the Penguin would OWN.

Sinfulsot
08-03-2008, 09:13 PM
From what I've heard Catwoman and Mad Hatter are both possibilities for the next movie and apparently the studio wants Johnny Depp to play the Riddler.

Depp as the Riddler would totally make it for me, especially becuase i know it would be totally different than Carrey's take.

DethMaiden
08-03-2008, 09:17 PM
My only fear with Depp as Riddler is that he would be too good and overshadow Ledger's Joker, and I think even though it would make a good movie and I love Depp, I don't really want that for his legacy. Maybe I'm paranoid.

Sinfulsot
08-03-2008, 09:26 PM
I see it more as another great performance enhancing this Batman franchise.

JRA
08-03-2008, 09:31 PM
The more I think about it, the more I wanted Joker to die by getting the bad-side of Two-Faces coin in the hospital scene. Yea a small chunk of the movie would have been cut out would have been cut out, but dude... a) karma, b) that would have been so awesome, the audience would have shit themselves, c) I love it when villains wipe each other out! Villains joining together in films is kinda overplayed nowadays anyway.

Sinfulsot
08-03-2008, 09:39 PM
it would have blew me away.

ChildrenofSodom
08-04-2008, 01:30 PM
http://movies.yahoo.com/mv/news/ap/20080803/121779624000.html

Guess I wasnt alone.

SomewhereInTime72
08-04-2008, 03:59 PM
Batman sounds like Nathan Explosion.

DethMaiden
08-04-2008, 04:49 PM
Batman sounds like Nathan Explosion.

:eek: You're actually absolutely right.

Wrathchild_84
08-04-2008, 07:08 PM
A lot of the time in the comics he's described as having a voice like that so it didn't bother me at all. But I did like his voice in Begins more

Wrathchild_84
08-12-2008, 02:48 PM
Saw it again last night

ravenheart
08-22-2008, 01:40 AM
Finally saw it last night. I decided to see it at the IMAX instead of a regular cinema, so had to wait because demand was so high and the capacity of the screen is pretty small.

Worth the wait! Ledger, Oldman and Eckhart all brilliant, and Gyllenhall died. Result all round!

MetalIsArt
08-22-2008, 12:31 PM
9/10

The best superheromovie yet.

MetalIsArt
08-22-2008, 12:34 PM
I saw it as a resolution of Bruce Wayne's conflict as evidenced by the copycats Batman thwarted in the beginning of the flick. Batman saw Dent as the true hero of Gotham. a hero with a face, not a mask. part of saving Dent's rep was to perpetuate this.

Alfred had also said that Batman can make choices that cops and DAs couldn't make. choices that may lean outside the law, but the right choice given Batman's moral code or his set of rules or however you want to think of it.

Ramirez survived; she got the good side of the coin i belive.

Two-Face knocked her unconcious I think.

Sinfulsot
08-22-2008, 06:10 PM
Two-Face knocked her unconcious I think.

right. not executed was the main point there.

MetalIsArt
08-23-2008, 02:32 AM
right. not executed was the main point there.

Maroni's driver "was not so lucky" hehe...

But I wonder what the direction of the third movie will be. I'm thinking "The Dark Knight Returns"...

MetalIsArt
08-23-2008, 02:36 AM
And they couldn't come up with some other way? Were there any witnesses? What about Ramirez (?female cop that called Gordon's wife at the end?)

They show Dent as a hero. The people of Gotham don't know that he'd become a cruel psycho. But, I don't think Two-Face died. He's locked in Arkham :bouville:

ravenheart
08-23-2008, 05:47 AM
The initial rumours are to bring in The Riddler, Catwoman and Penguin. But I think that's just stupid media people aligning the most obvious characters to the most obvious Hollywood stars. They're saying Depp will be Riddler, Jolie will be Catwoman and Philip Seymour Hoffman will be Penguin.

I'd rather they don't use any of those characters.

MetalIsArt
08-23-2008, 08:15 AM
We'll probably know in 2011! :eyes:

Div
08-28-2008, 09:22 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXBsw4rBTC8

:eek:

Sinfulsot
08-29-2008, 06:05 PM
here's a question for you all: if they were to do another movie with the Joker, who would you like to see portraying the character? perhaps i speak blasphemy, but this is metal site, and blasphemy should be as natural as breathing.

DethMaiden
08-30-2008, 01:19 PM
here's a question for you all: if they were to do another movie with the Joker, who would you like to see portraying the character? perhaps i speak blasphemy, but this is metal site, and blasphemy should be as natural as breathing.

I guess they could use Johnny Depp because he would be capable of the role. But I still wouldn't want that.

MetalIsArt
09-03-2008, 07:46 AM
Guy Pearce for Riddler is what I say ;) :horns:

ravenheart
09-03-2008, 08:53 AM

Absolutely not. And I don't think they'd even try.

Sinfulsot
09-03-2008, 06:25 PM
Absolutely not. And I don't think they'd even try.

you're prob'ly right. except for the x-men movies, i've never seen any villian more than once in these kinds of movies.

Indestructible
04-06-2009, 05:58 PM
it was good. i think it was better than the orginal one

MetalIsArt
04-22-2009, 06:42 AM
you're prob'ly right. except for the x-men movies, i've never seen any villian more than once in these kinds of movies.

Scarecrow is now in jail, Joker too. The only villain that is dead is Ra's and that's not even sure if you know what I mean. But, I don't think Nolan will re-use Joker again, maybe a brief cameo.

TonyD
04-22-2009, 05:09 PM
Does anyone else really want Danny Devito to reprise his role as Penguin?

MetalIsArt
04-24-2009, 01:27 AM
Does anyone else really want Danny Devito to reprise his role as Penguin?

Ehm...

NO.