PDA

View Full Version : So there are clips of that new Iron Maiden tribute from Kerrang online

mankvill
07-08-2008, 11:50 AM
http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=100494

oh my god, Gallows doing Wrathchild. :bouville:

Spiral_Slave
07-08-2008, 12:00 PM
Fuck this cd.

SomewhereInTime72
07-08-2008, 12:48 PM
Coheed & Cambria doing The Trooper is one of the most offensive things I've ever heard.

Edit: Seriously, Avenged Sevenflod didn't even get the lyrics right. :hecho:

ADD
07-08-2008, 12:48 PM
Actually the best of those clips is probably that Wrathchild cover :eyes: I have no idea who Gallows are though.

And the worst is without a doubt The Trooper.........:hecho:

JRA
07-08-2008, 04:59 PM
LOL NO CRADLE OF FILTH?111 THIS WILL BE GHEY11

Div
07-08-2008, 07:19 PM
WHAT HAVE THEY DONE TO THE TROOPER!!!!

edit: it is nice to see To Tame A Land get some love tho.

edit 2: i reiterate, fuck coheed.

SirLardsAlot
07-08-2008, 07:44 PM
WTF I want to hear Black Tide! :flame:

As for the clips....

1. Fuck Metallica.
2. Fuck Avenged Sevenfold.
3. Surprisingly, Coheed and Cambria is only one that I slightly enjoyed.
4. Fuck Gallows.
5. Fuck Machine Head.
6. Fuck Trivium.

ravenheart
07-09-2008, 01:49 AM
While I was waiting on the front row for Testament at the Sweden Rock Festival ignoring Coheed & Cambria across the field on another stage I suddenly heard them break out the first half of 'The Trooper' (presumably to try and get people's attention again, since no one gave a fuck). Musically they sounded on the nail but vocally way off.

Of course, any good work they did with that was lost at the end when they closed their set with a 12 minute drum solo.

They won't be invited back.

DreamEvil001
07-09-2008, 08:51 AM
it made me enjoy maiden a lot more

LoveInSlowMotion
07-09-2008, 12:40 PM
I really interested to hear Devildriver do Wasted Years.

ravenheart
07-17-2008, 06:17 AM
Right, I bought this today (it came out yesterday).

None of the bands on there seem to be able to play Maiden's riffs.

Black Tide Prowler
Pretty horrible.

Metallica Remember Tomorrow
They appear to have forgotten to produce it. Everything's very rough, particularly James' vocals. And the guitars aren't particularly accurate in the heavy sections. It would rule live, though.

Avenged Sevenfold Flash of The Blade
Good job on the music, but the vocals suck.

Glamour For The Kill 2 Minutes To Midnight
Horrible whining teenage singer is painful. Musically no where close.

Coheed & Cambria The Trooper
... actually one of the better ones. Good version of the riffs etc and one of the few voices on here capable of singing it properly.

Devildriver Wasted Years
They slay it, in a good way. Brilliant.

Sign Run To The Hills
Horrible. More whining teenagers. And they can't play the music at all. They've re-arranged the vocal melody to suit their whining and changed the riffs completely. More an insult than a tribute.

Dream Theater To Tame A Land
Pretty much what you'd expect. Bit heavier, and a bit more eastern guitars. Pretty nice.

Madina Lake Caught Somewhere In Time
Done the same as Sign and changed everything to suit their inferior style and likely lack of ability.

Gallows Wrathchild
See Madina Lake above.

Fightstar Fear of The Dark
Done a good job of staying faithful apart from where the vocals take off, which the guy just can't handle and it all goes a bit teeny.

Machine Head Hallowed Be Thy Name
Not bad. Pretty much note for note cover. Doesn't really sound like Machine Head.

Trivium Iron Maiden
Sounds like Trivium doing 'Iron Maiden'. They can obviously play it, but Trivium sound like shit on everything and this is no exception. Awful vocals.

Year Long Disaster Running Free
Pretty accurate and the guy has a real rock voice. Doing a Di'Anno song suits them well. Check out their album, by the way.

Ghostlines Brave New World
Who? They've completely re-arranged it into an acoustic piece a bit like the soft side of Opeth... absolutely awesome.

This is severely missing the kinds of bands actually capable of playing Maiden songs. Power, prog and thrash bands mostly. I'd have liked to see, seeing as this is Kerrang! and they need to stay trendy, the likes of Down, Cavalera Conspiracy, even dare I say it Dragonforce rather than whiny shit like Sign.

Highlights: Ghostlines and Devildriver

rjturtle9
07-17-2008, 10:07 AM
i saw black tide do prowler live and damn! :party:

Div
07-17-2008, 10:48 AM
I disagree about coheed being able to "sing it properly" sense claudio sounds like a girl.

ChildrenofSodom
07-17-2008, 11:00 AM
I really like Claudio's voice.

DethMaiden
07-17-2008, 11:01 AM
All the songs are on Youtube, I'm gonna give them a listen this afternoon.

ChildrenofSodom
07-17-2008, 11:09 AM
All the songs are on Youtube, I'm gonna give them a listen this afternoon.

Oh. Okay.

ADD
07-18-2008, 01:25 PM
Damn does everyone really think Coheed & Cambria does the best one? That was the worst sounding one to me, completely nutless. At least the Gallows cover has something of an edge to it. I bet the Year Long Disaster cover is good though because they don't totally suck, but I haven't listened to it yet.

mankvill
07-18-2008, 02:09 PM
Devildriver? Brilliant?
:eyes:

Also: D-Force doing Iron Maiden would be fantastic.

rjturtle9
07-18-2008, 02:13 PM
i agree that dragonforce will do a good job with iron maiden although i do think that the guitar solos will be too different haha

they should have put children of bodoms cover of aces high on their...

SomewhereInTime72
07-18-2008, 04:53 PM
Devildriver? Brilliant?
:eyes:

Also: D-Force doing Iron Maiden would be fantastic.

:hecho:

Div
07-18-2008, 06:51 PM
i agree that dragonforce will do a good job with iron maiden although i do think that the guitar solos will be too different haha

they should have put children of bodoms cover of aces high on their...

No, and NO!

powerslave_85
07-20-2008, 07:20 PM
I hate to say it, but musically Avenged Sevenfold's cover is really solid, especially the guitar playing. The vocals suck, though.

ravenheart
07-21-2008, 04:49 AM
Damn does everyone really think Coheed & Cambria does the best one? That was the worst sounding one to me, completely nutless. At least the Gallows cover has something of an edge to it. I bet the Year Long Disaster cover is good though because they don't totally suck, but I haven't listened to it yet.

No, it's just passable because he's one of the few on the disc capable of singing Maiden.

The best, but a country mile, is Ghostlines doing 'Brave New World'.

DethMaiden
07-21-2008, 09:53 AM
I didn't really like Coheed's, and I love Coheed.