PDA

View Full Version : The Latest In SLIPKNOT...

hot_turkey_ed
06-30-2008, 03:06 PM
Usually, I post Slipknot news because most of you fucking hate them. :fingers:

With Ozzfes^H^H^H^H^H^H Rockstar Energy whatever concert coming up and a new album dropping later in the summer, it's time for a summary new update.

1. Their new masks are supposed to unveiled tomorrow. AOL's Spinner.com per Blabbermouth.

2. Something is hitting iTunes tomorrow. Not sure if it is the title track All Hope Is Gone or another called Psychosocial. One of the songs is already on myspace.

3. The new album drops in the last week of August.

Personally, Slipknot fascinates me a bit. I like their creativity. I like watching their stage show. I dig seeing anyone make noise by hitting a keg with a baseball bat. Their music is ok, although it is nowhere near my favorite thing in the world. :fingers:

SirLardsAlot
06-30-2008, 03:16 PM
1. Their new masks are supposed to unveiled tomorrow.

I CANT WAITTTT!!!!!! :rocker::rocker::rocker::rocker:

I AM A WORLD BEFORE I AM A MAN
I WAS A CREATURE BEFORE I COULD STAND

YEAAAA BADASSSS

LoveInSlowMotion
06-30-2008, 03:23 PM
Usually, I post Slipknot news because most of you fucking hate them. :fingers:

:mad:

hot_turkey_ed
06-30-2008, 03:27 PM
:mad:

They will never understand how much fun it is to sing "PEOPLE = SHIT!" at a concert. :cool:

I still hear that hook out Motorhead Jeff's almost four years after seeing them at Ozzfest 2004. :D

rjturtle9
06-30-2008, 05:23 PM
1. Their new masks are supposed to unveiled tomorrow. AOL's Spinner.com per Blabbermouth.

2. Something is hitting iTunes tomorrow. Not sure if it is the title track All Hope Is Gone or another called Psychosocial. One of the songs is already on myspace.

3. The new album drops in the last week of August.

1. can't wait

2. already posted on mick thompsons myspace page. haven't gave it a listen though

3. can't wait for that also. should be better than metallica's new one haha

mankvill
06-30-2008, 05:27 PM
With Ozzfes^H^H^H^H^H^H

what in the hell

hot_turkey_ed
06-30-2008, 07:57 PM
what in the hell

For the non techies... ^H is a like character delete... I'm just making a bandhanded statement of sorts. ;)

ravenheart
07-01-2008, 01:13 AM
I'm actually interested. I've developed an appreciation for Slipknot over the last year or so. Mostly because I really dig Stone Sour so figured "OK, let's go back and give this another shot".

And this new album is promised to be the next progression from the last one... i.e. less all-out unnecessary aggression, more thought.

New masks... this bit I don't care about. But I do want to see them live. I've not seen them yet. They're playing the Reading Festival with Metallica and Tenacious D at the end of August. I might try to hit that. If not, maybe the European tour they're doing with Machine Head.

mankvill
07-01-2008, 01:44 AM
the new masks are out

some of them are cool

some of them are stupid

some of them are the same

but I have no idea which one is the vocalist, haha

ravenheart
07-01-2008, 04:03 AM
I can't look. Spinner.com is blocked at work :(

ravenheart
07-01-2008, 06:44 AM
OK, so, Mick's is exactly the same (good, it didn't need to change). The hannibal one is mostly the same. The pinhead one is the same. Clown is the same. One appears to have gone a bit more 'harlequin' to before, but otherwise not a lot different (and still more than a little gay).

Corey's is terrible (he's in the middle on the group shot). What the hell was he thinking? Joey appears to have added Jesus' crown of thorns to his for no apparent reason.

Then there's that one that looks like the huge heads from Rob Zombie's Sinister Urge album artwork. He'll be the mystery guy no one's the purpose of, then.

Div
07-01-2008, 08:55 AM
this band is one step up from ICP and Korn, and that's not saying much.

also i listened to the new song just so i can come on here and say it sucks :finger:

rjturtle9
07-02-2008, 08:13 AM
just saw the new masks. wow what a let down...:mad:

SomewhereInTime72
07-02-2008, 08:20 AM
I don't understand why the masks changing thing is a big deal. :confused:

TonyD
07-08-2008, 01:01 AM
Apparently its a big deal to their fans because they change the masks every album.
I believe that they had orange jumpsuits while promoting the first album and black ones on the second. Lets hope for periwinkle blue this time around guys!

I agree that they are a step above Korn, but they're still a whole floor above ICP. I suggest we redirect all of the Slipknot hate on this forum to ICP, since they are in the same boat, except the music is alot worse, and the fans are even more retarted. And that's saying something.

rjturtle9
07-09-2008, 11:09 AM
I agree that they are a step above Korn, but they're still a whole floor above ICP. I suggest we redirect all of the Slipknot hate on this forum to ICP, since they are in the same boat, except the music is alot worse, and the fans are even more retarted. And that's saying something.

:fist:

TonyD
07-09-2008, 01:24 PM
I still don't support Slipknot

rjturtle9
07-09-2008, 03:52 PM
well than don't support them. every band can't get supported by everyone

vegaseric
07-09-2008, 06:10 PM
SLIPKNOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

vegaseric
07-09-2008, 06:12 PM
Apparently its a big deal to their fans because they change the masks every album.
I believe that they had orange jumpsuits while promoting the first album and black ones on the second. Lets hope for periwinkle blue this time around guys!

It's easy to say in front of your nice DELL. Do this...next time you see a person with a slipknot shirt...go insulate him. Don't do it to some punk kid who won't do shit. Do it to someone bigger than you. Don't pick the weak little slipknot fan.

TonyD
07-09-2008, 08:58 PM
It's easy to say in front of your nice DELL. Do this...next time you see a person with a slipknot shirt...go insulate him. Don't do it to some punk kid who won't do shit. Do it to someone bigger than you. Don't pick the weak little slipknot fan.

I'll listen to what this says when you say it to my face.
I'll insulate you bigtime

ravenheart
07-10-2008, 12:40 AM

:violin:

Div
07-10-2008, 10:23 AM
http://images.encyclopediadramatica.com/images/d/d3/Internettoughkid.jpg

hot_turkey_ed
07-10-2008, 01:26 PM

A portion of my day at Ozzfest 2007 was spent with a older fan of Slipknot. The guy could probably kick the ass of damn near anyone here. :D