PDA

View Full Version : Dethklok -- Philadelphia, PA -- June 27th, 2008

leglessmoof
06-28-2008, 11:16 AM
Missed Soilent Green due to tailgating, so I can't comment on them.

Arrived in the middle of Chimaira's set. I wasn't really into them, but they played well. From what I've heard (which isn't much), I thought they sounded better live than on their albums. According to their website the setlist was:

Pure Hatred
The Flame
Nothing Remains
Worthless
No Reason To Live
The Dehumanizing Process
Salvation
Power Trip
Resurrection

And finally, Dethklok! Their setlist was:

Deththeme
Briefcase Full Of Guts
Birthday Dethday
Awaken
Bloodtrocuted
Duncan Hills Coffee Jingle
Dethharmonic
Castratikron
Go Forth And Die
Hatredcopter
Murmaider
Thunderhorse
------Encore------
Go Into The Water
Fansong

Rather than attempt to describe the show, I'll link you over to the review of the LA show (http://metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=8430) since that guy already wrote a good description.

I will say though that this was one of the tamer audiences I've seen at a metal concert, especially a death metal concert. I guess it's not all that surprising since Dethklok isn't your typical metal band. Also, when I say "tame" I don't mean that the crowd wasn't into the band, because they were. People were yelling, headbanging, and pumping their fists as per usual. But there was not much pushing/shoving outside of the moshpit. During Dethklok's set my friends and I got all the way up to the barricade with almost no effort.

Also, there were a lot of younger kids at the show, and a lot of girls too. Very promising for metal. :)

theWolfisLOOSE
06-28-2008, 12:12 PM
One reason I'm sure it was tamer was because regular Philly metal show attendees, such as myself, were denied entrance because it sold out. I imagine much of the crowd were more normal people, ie adult swim nerds.

LoveInSlowMotion
06-28-2008, 05:09 PM
I honestly thought Chimiara was the highlight of the show. People were going a lot more nuts for them than Dethklok. Dethklok's fans were, as stated, pretty fuckin' tame.

EchoesOfDecimation
06-28-2008, 07:04 PM
I honestly thought Chimiara was the highlight of the show. People were going a lot more nuts for them than Dethklok. Dethklok's fans were, as stated, pretty fuckin' tame.

Well to be fair, Dethklok's show was much more visual oriented than Chimaira's and therfore more people moved around for them. For the first time in I don't even know how long, at the show in NY, I sat down to watch Dethklok as opposed standing up and moving around.

TonyD
06-28-2008, 11:49 PM

By tame you mean lame.
I'm sure with a little more thought, the people at adult swim could make the shows as insane as the characters voiced by James and Kirk in the first few episodes described.

rjturtle9
06-29-2008, 01:10 PM
I imagine much of the crowd were more normal people, ie adult swim nerds.

which is the reason i didn't go

Bloodcurse
06-30-2008, 12:17 AM
I never understood how Dethklok got so big. I see nothing special about them, except for the fact that Gene Hoglan is the drummer.

SomewhereInTime72
06-30-2008, 09:32 AM
yeah normal people are so lame god i am so much better than them

rjturtle9
06-30-2008, 01:09 PM
yeah normal people are so lame god i am so much better than them

haha that's too funny

when i went to see lacuna coil last year, if someone even touched u they said sorry! that still haunts me to this day:eyes: