View Full Version : Avantasia -- Moscow, Russia -- June 10th, 2008

EchoesOfDecimation
06-13-2008, 08:09 AM
From Blabbermouth:

01. Twisted Mind
02. The Scarecrow (with Jörn)
03. Another Angel Down (with Jörn)
04. Prelude
05. Reach Out for the Light (with André)
06. The Story Ain't Over
07. Shelter From the Rain (with André)
08. Lost in Space
09. I Don't Believe in Your Love
10. Avantasia
11. Serpents in Paradise (with Jörn)
12. Promised Land (with Jörn)
Encore:
13. The Toy Master
14. Farewell (with Amanda)
15. Sign of the Cross (All) / Seven Angels (All)

Personally I think it's a little weak being that 9 songs are new but whatever, it's not coming to North America anyway. Plus, I think they should DEFINETLY include "The Tower".

ravenheart
06-13-2008, 03:40 PM
Personally I think it's a little weak being that 9 songs are new

That's a good thing. I'd much rather have the whole of the excellent new album than the tedious, generic power metal of the first two discs.

Maiden33
06-13-2008, 05:11 PM
That's a good thing. I'd much rather have the whole of the excellent new album than the tedious, generic power metal of the first two discs.

Wow, there's an opinion sure to start some controversy. I agree that The Scarecrow is great and certainly more of a musical unique endevour, but I think the first 2 albums are also great in their own way.

EchoesOfDecimation
06-13-2008, 10:55 PM

Yeah, I don't see the first 2 as really generic at all.

Spiral_Slave
06-14-2008, 02:02 PM
I personally think they should replace The Toy Master with Devil In The Belfry, or another track off the first two albums like The Final Sacrifice or Chalice Of Agony. But other than that, this would be absolutely amazing to see.

joshuarain
06-16-2008, 08:15 AM
I hope that they really change the setlist before I see them on wacken, scarecrow is a weakass album to me, no metal at all, just 3 good old metal songs, devil in the belfry, another angel down and the scarecrow, the rest pretty much sucks and the lost in space single could just as well be a backstreet boys song

HannTu
06-16-2008, 09:18 AM
I hope that they really change the setlist before I see them on wacken, scarecrow is a weakass album to me, no metal at all, just 3 good old metal songs, devil in the belfry, another angel down and the scarecrow, the rest pretty much sucks and the lost in space single could just as well be a backstreet boys song

Couldn't agree with you more.

BookOfThel78
06-25-2008, 01:00 AM
He needs to bring in all of the guest singers with he plays live. Cause it is not the same.