PDA

View Full Version : AC/DC new album only at Wal-Mart

ravenheart
06-09-2008, 04:01 AM
"According to Reuters, AC/DC will sell its new album only through Wal-Mart Stores Inc, the Wall Street Journal reported on its website on Sunday, citing unnamed sources. The AC/DC album is expected to come out in the fall, the paper reported. Wal-Mart did not have an immediate comment.

AC/DC recently finished their as-yet-untitled new album in Vancouver, BC with producer Brendan O'Brien (BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN) and engineer Mike Fraser (METALLICA, AEROSMITH, VAN HALEN)."

Pretty dumb move if true.

DethMaiden
06-09-2008, 08:27 AM
They just know their audience. :tp:

Div
06-09-2008, 08:36 AM
dammit brad beat me to a walmart joke.

EvilCheeseWedge
06-09-2008, 08:44 AM
"New AC/DC album" is kind of an oxymoron anyways.

ChildrenofSodom
06-09-2008, 09:46 AM
"New AC/DC album" is kind of an oxymoron anyways.

*Rimjob*

DethMaiden
06-09-2008, 10:44 AM
*Rimjob*

:lol: :lol: Close... ;)

Fe Maiden
06-09-2008, 11:59 AM
Thank the Eagles for this type of arrangement and Journey is doing it as well!

hot_turkey_ed
06-09-2008, 12:05 PM
Right now, AC/DC doesn't matter to me. At least for another 30 days and with probably one exception for a local show this weekend -- GO SEE GHOST HOOKERS IN LIVERMORE! -- my itunes is not really recognizing non-Maiden music right now. Weird. :tongue:

TonyD
06-13-2008, 02:10 PM
They could just skip the album and give the people what they have been waiting 6 years for- a world tour.

Maiden33
06-13-2008, 05:14 PM
AC/DC May be the ultimate band that evokes the question:

"How are there people that still take this band seriously?"

Angelripper
06-15-2008, 02:21 AM
AC/DC May be the ultimate band that evokes the question:

"How are there people that still take this band seriously?"
I'd say the same for Power Metal lovers but I won't.

New album from AC/DC will suck though. However, when they tour I will be there.

Robert
06-20-2008, 06:59 AM
Since there is no Wal Mart in the 5 boroughs of New York City, (I think the closest is out on Long Island or out in Jersey?)

I hope they don't mind their album not cracking the top 10 and since AC/DC seems to be against downloading (correct me if I'm wrong?) as nothing is on Rhapsody except 1 song from last action hero, I guess they really don't want to sell this record, I mean what gives?

Hey Angus, You're not the Garth Brooks box set! fellas
It's AC fucking DC

ravenheart
06-20-2008, 07:19 AM
New album from AC/DC will suck though. However, when they tour I will be there.

The last one didn't. No evidence to say this one will.

jerry1013
09-02-2008, 02:56 PM
anyone heard it yet???????????????????????????????????????????

Maiden33
09-02-2008, 03:25 PM
Since there is no Wal Mart in the 5 boroughs of New York City, (I think the closest is out on Long Island or out in Jersey?)

I hope they don't mind their album not cracking the top 10 and since AC/DC seems to be against downloading (correct me if I'm wrong?) as nothing is on Rhapsody except 1 song from last action hero, I guess they really don't want to sell this record, I mean what gives?

Hey Angus, You're not the Garth Brooks box set! fellas
It's AC fucking DC

Journey released their newest album "Revelation" exclusively through Wal-Mart, and it cracked the top 10 in it's first week, possibly even top 5, I don't remember exactly.
Oh, and to clarify, it being sold "exclusively" at Wal-Mart is a little misleading. This only means that no other chain stores IE Best Buy or FYE will carry it. Any and all independent record shops will still have it.