PDA

View Full Version : Iron Maiden -- San Antonio, TX -- May 21st, 2008

hot_turkey_ed
05-21-2008, 09:10 PM
Source: TP via Khan @ The Iron Maiden Online Club

Folks are reporting NO changes in the set list for the second leg of the tour.

Aces High
2 Minutes to Midnight
Revelations
The Trooper
Wasted Years
The Number of the Beast
Can I Play With Madness
Rime of the Ancient Mariner
Powerslave
Heaven Can Wait
Run to the Hills
Fear of the Dark
Iron Maiden
-------------------------
Moonchild
The Clairvoyant
Hallowed Be Thy Name

TP said through Khan: much more impressive stage set up... big mummy Eddie.. other one was cyborg Eddie.

SomewhereInTime72
05-21-2008, 09:24 PM
How unexpected.

maidenpriest
05-21-2008, 09:24 PM
damn...was hoping for the evil that men do or stranger in a strange land. they could easily replace can i play with madness with one of those. ah well. glad the mummy eddie is returning. 4 more days!!!

hot_turkey_ed
05-21-2008, 09:31 PM
I'm not unhappy about hearing this list again.. and again... and again... maybe and again and again depending on decisions the next 24 hours.

I did expect a song or two added and/or changed but then again, it's Iron Maiden. Like I care what they play so long as they play. :agree:

maidenpriest
05-21-2008, 09:39 PM
im not unhappy either. this will be my first maiden show (im only 16) lol so anything they play will kickass. i just never liked can i play with madness. but it will still be awesome to hear it live

hot_turkey_ed
05-21-2008, 09:50 PM
im not unhappy either. this will be my first maiden show (im only 16) lol so anything they play will kickass. i just never liked can i play with madness. but it will still be awesome to hear it live

Several years ago, I took my older brother to his first baseball. Game Five Of The World Series in SF. Giants vs Angels. The Giants beat their ass 16-4. He's now completely screwed on what a normal baseball should be like.

You're going to be spoiled the exact same way. The current borders on a wet dream set list for a lot of Maiden fans. :bliss:

maidenpriest
05-21-2008, 10:09 PM
lol yeah its what it seems like. i never thought i would see half of these songs live (rime, powerslave, moonchild) and im seeing them on my very first maiden show. its going to be amazing.

lakebod0m
05-21-2008, 10:52 PM
Looks awesome!!

mankvill
05-21-2008, 11:19 PM
...hmm.

If I had seen them on the first leg, I'd be disappointed.

But since I've never seen Maiden, I CAN'T FUCKING WAIT! IT'S GON-

*KANSAS'D*

:bouville:

FerociousWillie
05-22-2008, 04:39 AM
I was there last night.
All I have to say is that the band was flawless.
They sounded amazing,they were energetic and the crowd was nice.
The big mummy Eddie was the shit.
They definitely set the bar higher last night.
Best show I have seen...I'm in pretty much in catatonic state today.

Fe Maiden
05-22-2008, 07:08 AM
I was really hoping for a song change or two but this set still is awesome!:drool:

Maiden33
05-22-2008, 07:14 AM
I knew this was coming. June 17th will still be amazing but seriously, how fucking lame.
It's not bad enough that the original set list cut corners, but now they can't even modify it for the 2nd leg.

cradle_of_maiden
05-22-2008, 07:35 AM
Im flying from Florida to California to see the Concord show, I hope it's as badass as the others. And yes, I was also hoping they'd at least change CIPWM for TETMD but its all good.

DethMaiden
05-22-2008, 08:22 AM
Not one goddamned change? Oh well...

rjturtle9
05-22-2008, 08:22 AM
we should start a petition to takeout can i play with madness and get the get the evil that men do:D

Maiden33
05-22-2008, 09:57 AM
we should start a petition to takeout can i play with madness and get the get the evil that men do:D

If I was going to start a petition regarding changing this set list, though I agree... that wouldn't be a primary concern

Firewind
05-22-2008, 10:06 AM
Yeah, I was at this show too. I started out at the barrier right in front of Janick. It was the most insane show I've been to. The pyrotechnics were great, and they had two different Eddies out there. Bruce's voice was almost flawless, and everything they did was just great. Only complaint was about the crowd. Very pushy, I ended up six rows back (Even though I got there at noon to get on the barrier). But that wasn't nearly enough to ruin a near flawless show. The stage is huge, I couldn't think of anything they could do better except add Evil That Men Do.

Maiden33
05-22-2008, 10:33 AM
Bruce's voice was almost flawless.
Yeah, that'll change drastically over the next few shows. Bruce always sounds great at the opening of each leg.

Only complaint was about the crowd. Very pushy, I ended up six rows back (Even though I got there at noon to get on the barrier).
Typical. Unfortunatly you can't see a Maiden show without this shit happening.

I couldn't think of anything they could do better except add Evil That Men Do.

Except not play the most basic, predictable set list in the entire world and not change it on the 2nd leg of a tour.

kazzzj
05-22-2008, 10:53 AM
Damn i'm goin june 11th in Rosemount IL. It'll be my second time seeing Maiden but the first time was Ozzfest so I'm pretty excited.

JRA
05-22-2008, 11:20 AM

Try taking out Fear Of The Dark for Alexander The Great.

Maiden33
05-22-2008, 12:48 PM
Try taking out Fear Of The Dark for Alexander The Great.

Good idea... scratch that... GREAT idea.

JRA
05-22-2008, 12:54 PM
Good idea... scratch that... GREAT idea.

By the way, the setlist isn't that predictable. Say what you will, NOBODY saw Moonchild coming.

Maiden33
05-22-2008, 01:14 PM
By the way, the setlist isn't that predictable. Say what you will, NOBODY saw Moonchild coming.

Alright, I'll give you that ONE song. That's the only way in which this set list was anything more than the absolute basics of what was expected from this tour. I'm personally really upset that they couldn't even manage Stranger in a Strange Land or Infinite Dreams.

Dr Scummm
05-22-2008, 01:53 PM
what a poor setlist!

they have a chance to play songs from that era that they haven't played before. Alex The Great anyone? Deja Vu ?!

it's sad that Maiden goes out and just plays, there's no surprise or anything, there are barely any ranting coming from Bruce... ahh.. this is sad.

nevertheless, I'm gonna see them on 18th July, and enjoy the hell out of it :)

FerociousWillie
05-22-2008, 02:28 PM
It is clear to me that the people bitching about the setlist have not seen the show live.
As soon as you hear the Churchill's Speech,all that setlist shit goes out the window.
Like I said earlier,the show was amazing.
The bar has been set,and set higher than any other.

rjturtle9
05-22-2008, 04:10 PM
It is clear to me that the people bitching about the setlist have not seen the show live.
As soon as you hear the Churchill's Speech,all that setlist shit goes out the window.

agreed. u got to admit, this is probably the best set they've ever done. this or the early days tour

JRA
05-22-2008, 06:12 PM

This is coming from the same guy who a couple of years ago prophecized the following of AMOLAD.

-Boring solos from Dave and Janick
-5 songs about war
-some other shit I don't remember

LOL DU I KNO THIZ B@ND R WUT!

:D

Maiden33
05-22-2008, 06:31 PM

I've already seen the show, and I admit it was among the best I've ever seen, and the best Maiden show I've seen.
However I feel I have a perfect right to bitch here because the band are touring back through the same area and will be playing the EXACT same set list. Regardless of how amazing it was the first time, I don't want to see a carbon copy again. Will it rule? Yes. But it should be more than it will be. This tour had MUCH more potential than this and the band just cut corners, save for Moonchild.

TonyD
05-22-2008, 07:43 PM
I've already seen the show, and I admit it was among the best I've ever seen, and the best Maiden show I've seen.
However I feel I have a perfect right to bitch here because the band are touring back through the same area and will be playing the EXACT same set list. Regardless of how amazing it was the first time, I don't want to see a carbon copy again. Will it rule? Yes. But it should be more than it will be. This tour had MUCH more potential than this and the band just cut corners, save for Moonchild.

I guess you'll have to wait for the Somewhere Back In Time II tour for another 20 years.

Firewind
05-22-2008, 07:43 PM

This was the first time they hit Texas though, so this setlist was about the best it could be for me.

FerociousWillie
05-23-2008, 04:12 AM
This is coming from the same guy who a couple of years ago prophecized the following of AMOLAD.

:D

That can't be a bad thing then,can it?

JRA
05-23-2008, 08:26 AM
That can't be a bad thing then,can it?

I know, I'm just Joshin'.;)

Maiden33
05-23-2008, 09:29 AM
This was the first time they hit Texas though, so this setlist was about the best it could be for me.

This hints at my one last shred of hope... that the band will change the set list for areas they already played in. However I feel that's just clinging to hope out of desperation.

FerociousWillie
05-23-2008, 11:57 AM
This hints at my one last shred of hope... that the band will change the set list for areas they already played in. However I feel that's just clinging to hope out of desperation.

Dude,I'm telling you,with the stage set up,the sound they now have and the band itself,they could play "Old MacDonald had a farm..." and you'll dig it.

Take from someone who saw the show 2 days ago and is still raving about it to anyone who wants to hear...hell,I called my mom and told her about it.

BEST CONCERT I HAVE EVER SEEN,BAR NONE.
:rocker::rocker::rocker::rocker::rocker:

Maiden33
05-23-2008, 01:41 PM
Dude,I'm telling you,with the stage set up,the sound they now have and the band itself,they could play "Old MacDonald had a farm..." and you'll dig it.

Take from someone who saw the show 2 days ago and is still raving about it to anyone who wants to hear...hell,I called my mom and told her about it.

BEST CONCERT I HAVE EVER SEEN,BAR NONE.
:rocker::rocker::rocker::rocker::rocker:

How hard is it to understand that, save for the giant mummy eddie, I've seen the EXACT same show? I already know it's awesome, I'm just angry that they couldn't even bother to change the set list for the 2nd round of dates.

FerociousWillie
05-23-2008, 01:58 PM
How hard is it to understand that, save for the giant mummy eddie, I've seen the EXACT same show? I already know it's awesome, I'm just angry that they couldn't even bother to change the set list for the 2nd round of dates.

Are you the one who went to McDonald's and asked for the "Unhappy Meal"?

SomewhereInTime72
05-23-2008, 02:30 PM

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Div
05-23-2008, 03:56 PM
we should start a petition to takeout heaven can wait and get the get the caught somewhere in time:D

i agree completely

JRA
05-23-2008, 04:16 PM

:lol: :lol:

DethMaiden
05-24-2008, 08:18 AM

:lol: :lol: :party:

Seriously Jeff, pull that amphibious rodent out of your ass.

Firewind
05-24-2008, 01:40 PM
I'd gladly go see the same show with the same stage and the same songs again, and love it every bit as much. Oh it was great!

Benjamin Breeg
05-25-2008, 03:09 AM
It's a top gig and the set is great.
Glad they pulled out Moonchild, they need to do more of this on future tours instead of playing the same songs

maidenpriest
05-25-2008, 11:05 AM
hey does anyone know how long lauren harris played?

FerociousWillie
05-25-2008, 02:08 PM
hey does anyone know how long lauren harris played?

A 30-40 minute set...wasn't that bad.