PDA

View Full Version : Progressive Nation 2008 -- Columbus, OH -- May 16th, 2008

DethMaiden
05-17-2008, 07:32 AM
Great show overall, and the outdoor portion of the venue (which is where the gig took place) is most likely my new favorite concert venue (seeing Flogging Molly there August 1st, can't wait). Three were awesome as usual and Joey Eppard broke all the fucking strings on his guitar then held it up by them. BTBAM were incredible but got fucked for time. I could have watched them for another hour at least. Opeth were amazing and I'm certainly not complaining when I say this, but Wreath AND Heir Apparent being played kinda made me think they were trying too hard to be "heavy". To Rid the Disease was an awesome surprise, though. Dream Theater were...Dream Theater. It wasn't bad, it wasn't great, whatever. They only played two songs from Images and Words, none from Awake, and none from Scenes from a Memory, so SHITTY setlist choice on their part. The night ended with a trip to the pedestrian side of the fence where the tour buses park to talk to BTBAM and share the fact that I "don't like having a fence between Between the Buried and Me and me." Then Waffle House. Then fall Caesar.

Setlists:

Three:

The Word is Born of Flame
The End is Begun
Battle Cry
All That Remains
My Divided Falling
Monster
Bramfatura
Amaze Disgrace

Between the Buried and Me:

Ants of the Sky
White Walls

Opeth:

Master's Apprentices
The Baying of the Hounds
To Rid the Disease
Wreath
Heir Apparent
The Drapery Falls

Dream Theater:

Constant Motion
Panic Attack
Blind Faith
Surrounded '07
The Dark Eternal Night
Forsaken
Take the Time

Encore:
Shmedley Wilcox
1. Trial of Tears
2. Finally Free
3. Learning to Live
4. In the Name of God
5. Octavarium (Razor's Edge)

mankvill
05-17-2008, 09:56 AM
...waffle house! AWESOME!

Maiden33
05-17-2008, 10:51 AM
Between the Buried and Me:
Ants of the Sky
White Walls

WHAT A SET LIST! :D

Oh, and though I agree that that DT set list sucks, you have no right to bitch. It's not their fault you chose not to see them on the previous tours where they did a set list you would've enjoyed. The rotation is benefit the people that see them all the time, and I wish more bands did what they do.

ChildrenofSodom
05-17-2008, 04:03 PM
DT only played that many songs? It seemed like 100!!

DethMaiden
05-17-2008, 05:46 PM

Oh, and though I agree that that DT set list sucks, you have no right to bitch. It's not their fault you chose not to see them on the previous tours where they did a set list you would've enjoyed. The rotation is benefit the people that see them all the time, and I wish more bands did what they do.

I told you they were ripped off for time, and those two songs are a half hour in length combined.

Also, it really isn't my fault as they haven't come to Columbus in a very long time. And I don't think I'd see Dream Theater without support I like because the "extended versions" of every goddamned song got a little long in the tooth.

maidenpriest
05-18-2008, 12:07 AM
that DT set looks way too heavy on octavarium songs (which i didnt like at all) so im glad i wasnt there for this show.

theWolfisLOOSE
05-18-2008, 10:24 AM

The jokes on you... that's a half-hour set.

Nick
05-18-2008, 10:28 AM
I told you they were ripped off for time, and those two songs are a half hour in length combined.

Also, it really isn't my fault as they haven't come to Columbus in a very long time. And I don't think I'd see Dream Theater without support I like because the "extended versions" of every goddamned song got a little long in the tooth.

Um.. it was announced before the tour that BtBaM would be getting a half hour. If you don't read up on such news it's your own damn fault.

DethMaiden
05-18-2008, 02:40 PM
Um.. it was announced before the tour that BtBaM would be getting a half hour. If you don't read up on such news it's your own damn fault.

What is in the Pennsylvanian water that makes you all humorless, pompous douchebags?

ChildrenofSodom
05-18-2008, 05:31 PM
What is in the Pennsylvanian water that makes you all humorless, pompous douchebags?

I think there is Pennyslyvanian water in the Pennsylvanian water.

Nick
05-18-2008, 07:28 PM
I'll look into it if you can tell me what is in the air in Ohio that makes people like such shitty music.

I am quite sad that if I arrive for my Progressive Nation shows to catch the only great band on the bill (Dream Theater, obviously), then I won't be able to see Three, who are pretty good.

Small price to pay to not have to sit through something as bad as BtBaM. At least Opeth has redeemable musical qualities, but I still won't miss missing them.

Maiden33
05-18-2008, 07:38 PM
that DT set looks way too heavy on octavarium songs (which i didnt like at all) so im glad i wasnt there for this show.

Yes, 1 and a part of another Octavarium song, oh dear.
I'm assuming you meant Systematic Chaos?