PDA

View Full Version : Notice Any Thing Different? A New Home Page

hot_turkey_ed
05-14-2008, 03:26 AM
METALSETLISTS has a new home page! It's going to let us feature set lists and articles you all post. The next time one of you writes a really good album review, don't surprised if we publish it. No more hiding in the forums! Ditto for your Misinformation. Be warned that we may edit your Propaganda slightly if it ain't fit to print and it's a story people should read.

The most useful addition will the METALSETLISTS 100 block of band tags. It represents a cloud of the most popular searches and will be an easy way to track your favorite bands. The bigger the font, the more popular the band.

You may also notice a block for Asshole Opinion on the right side. People won't have to check Asshole Opinion specifically to read your brilliant insight and/or stupid wisecracks. While that part of METALSETLISTS has never received much attention, it may now that it's on the front page. Blog away, Assholes!

If nothing looks different to you today, you're probably linked directly to www.metalsetilsts.com/index.php. Remove the index.php for the url, and you see the new home page.

One final note: before any of you starting your bitchin'.... the forums haven't changed with the exception of adding a Forums link on the NavBar.

ravenheart
05-14-2008, 05:27 AM
Well that was confusing...

Div
05-14-2008, 07:51 AM
looks great

SomewhereInTime72
05-14-2008, 07:59 AM
Cool beans. ;)

mankvill
05-14-2008, 08:10 AM
THIS MAKES MY HEAD HURT!

Maiden33
05-14-2008, 06:41 PM
The most useful addition will the METALSETLISTS 100 block of band tags. It represents a cloud of the most popular searches and will be an easy way to track your favorite bands. The bigger the font, the more popular the band.

Haha, my own band is in that list. Well I guess that shows what reviewing all your own shows will do for your name. :D

PS I find it REALLY weird that apparently Megadeth is more popular here than Iron Maiden, same with some of the other bands who got a bigger font. :eyes:

SomewhereInTime72
05-14-2008, 07:18 PM
Haha, my own band is in that list. Well I guess that shows what reviewing all your own shows will do for your name. :D

PS I find it REALLY weird that apparently Megadeth is more popular here than Iron Maiden, same with some of the other bands who got a bigger font. :eyes:

Well, Iron Maiden has less setlists tagged. I would guess that's from them playing less shows than Megadeth and basically sticking to the same exact setlist for an entire tour.

Maiden33
05-14-2008, 07:28 PM
Well, Iron Maiden has less setlists tagged. I would guess that's from them playing less shows than Megadeth and basically sticking to the same exact setlist for an entire tour.

Yeah, good point... I was thinking in terms of overall popularity, not numbers of set lists, so that makes a lot of sense.

JRA
05-14-2008, 07:47 PM

Which is pretty goddamn hilarious considering that Megaadeth is playing the exact same setlist for an entire tour (unless they are about to toss Disintegrators into the set). :eyes:

SomewhereInTime72
05-14-2008, 08:03 PM
Which is pretty goddamn hilarious considering that Megaadeth is playing the exact same setlist for an entire tour (unless they are about to toss Disintegrators into the set). :eyes:

By tour do you mean the last three years? :tongue:

...I wish they'd do something like that. :eyes:

JRA
05-14-2008, 08:12 PM
By tour do you mean the last three years? :tongue:

...I wish they'd do something like that. :eyes:

Let's not go three years. 2006 had an overhaul with Take No Prisoners, Devil's Island, and Liar (why the hell didn't that stay in the set?).

hot_turkey_ed
05-14-2008, 09:17 PM

Reviewing your own shows! :fist:

It doesn't surprised that Megadeth has a bigger font. We have lot more set lists and Gigantour has been running. Iron Maiden hardly ever changes their set list. Just watch... over the next 45 days, Maiden will be bigger.

mankvill
05-14-2008, 09:54 PM
The new front page has brought to my attention that the Megadeth tag is way too fucking big.

hot_turkey_ed
05-14-2008, 10:55 PM
The new front page has brought to my attention that the Megadeth tag is way too fucking big.

What do you think now? I reduced the size of the most popular tag slightly.

Any one else have an opinion about the sizes / leveling?

ravenheart
05-15-2008, 12:24 AM

I've changed my bookmark link to the forums page, so... no ;)

mankvill
05-15-2008, 08:31 AM
What do you think now? I reduced the size of the most popular tag slightly.

A lot better! It looks more organized.

ChildrenofSodom
05-15-2008, 11:16 AM
For some reason, when I go to the main page and log in, it kickes me out...I have to go to the forums page, then log in.

hot_turkey_ed
05-15-2008, 12:54 PM
For some reason, when I go to the main page and log in, it kickes me out...I have to go to the forums page, then log in.

What does kick you out mean? Maybe try clearing your browser cache.

ChildrenofSodom
05-15-2008, 07:42 PM
What does kick you out mean? Maybe try clearing your browser cache.

I tried to log on at the home page, and it will give me the welcome screen, but when it redirects me, I end up back at the home page, and I am no longer logged in. I have to actually go to the forums page, then log in.

ravenheart
05-16-2008, 01:53 AM
You probably are logged in but your browser cached the homepage when you weren't. Hit Ctrl+F5, or whatever the hard fresh in your browser is.

rjturtle9
05-16-2008, 06:27 PM
I've changed my bookmark link to the forums page, so... no ;)

haha i did the same thing