PDA

View Full Version : I-POD HELP/

HECHO EN MEXICO
05-11-2008, 10:53 PM
1. WHEN I LOOK FOR MY LYNARD SKYNARD SONGS
I CANT FIND THEM UNDER ARTIST BUT IT I CAN FIND THEM UNDER ALBUM.

(MAIN I-POD MENU)
SAME THING HAPPENS TO A FEW ARTISTS I CAN FIND THEM ON ALBUMS BUT NOT ON ARTIST.

2. WHY IS THERE TWO FOLDERS OF THE SAME ARTIST?
(MAIN I-POD MENU)

:confused:

.....PLEASE HELP.
:)

Firewind
05-11-2008, 11:01 PM
When that one band/two folders thing happens to me, I just find the band in my iTunes, select all their songs, and 'get info.' Then just put their name in under artist again, and that usually fixes it.

As for not being able to find the band under their name, maybe try the same thing? Not sure for that.

hot_turkey_ed
05-11-2008, 11:11 PM
1. WHEN I LOOK FOR MY LYNARD SKYNARD SONGS
I CANT FIND THEM UNDER ARTIST BUT IT I CAN FIND THEM UNDER ALBUM.

(MAIN I-POD MENU)
SAME THING HAPPENS TO A FEW ARTISTS I CAN FIND THEM ON ALBUMS BUT NOT ON ARTIST.

2. WHY IS THERE TWO FOLDERS OF THE SAME ARTIST?
(MAIN I-POD MENU)

:confused:

.....PLEASE HELP.

1. How are you importing them? Do you have Itunes set up to automatically manage your mp3s?

2. Case-sensitivity, maybe?

You're running PC, right?

HECHO EN MEXICO
05-12-2008, 01:16 AM
1. How are you importing them? Do you have Itunes set up to automatically manage your mp3s?

2. Case-sensitivity, maybe?

You're running PC, right?
1.CD'S (80% CD;S AND A FEW MP3S)
YES I-TUNES MANAGES MY SONGS.

2.ALL SONGS ARE IN NON CAPS

HECHO EN MEXICO
05-12-2008, 01:17 AM
When that one band/two folders thing happens to me, I just find the band in my iTunes, select all their songs, and 'get info.' Then just put their name in under artist again, and that usually fixes it.

As for not being able to find the band under their name, maybe try the same thing? Not sure for that.

...GOOD TO KNOW.
(THANX)

SomewhereInTime72
05-12-2008, 06:43 AM
2.ALL SONGS ARE IN NON CAPS

NO WAY.

edit: Maybe your files are tagged incorrectly? Is the artist listed properly when you find it by album? :confused: You could just edit the file in itunes if that's the problem.

Spiral_Slave
05-12-2008, 11:20 AM
Sometimes the artist name will have a space after it, and you can't tell obviously but that will cause there to be two different artists folders. Happened to me more than once.

HECHO EN MEXICO
05-12-2008, 01:50 PM
THANK U ALL VERY MUCH!