PDA

View Full Version : MAIDENizing my son

Fe Maiden
05-04-2008, 08:00 PM
I've decided to take my 11 year old son to the 5/30 Iron Maiden show in Irvine. It will be his first ever concert. We will be in the terrace section which I think is best for this situation. He will be officially baptized a Maiden-head from now on! I'll be going again the next night but up MUCH closer!!!

So, what do you think? Am I doing the right thing? Or is he too young!

:powerslav

SomewhereInTime72
05-04-2008, 08:03 PM
You are doing your son a wonderful service. :D :cool:

JRA
05-04-2008, 08:46 PM
Or is he too young!

ahem...

HEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL MUTHAFUCKIN NO!

This message was brought to you by Wu-Tang :eyes:

HECHO EN MEXICO
05-04-2008, 08:46 PM
I've decided to take my 11 year old son to the 5/30 Iron Maiden show in Irvine. It will be his first ever concert. We will be in the terrace section which I think is best for this situation. He will be officially baptized a Maiden-head from now on! I'll be going again the next night but up MUCH closer!!!

:powerslav
YOUR A GOOD DAD!
(GOOD TASTE IN MUSIC DOES NOT HAVE A PRICE)

rjturtle9
05-04-2008, 09:25 PM
parent of the month goes to...

Nemesis
05-04-2008, 09:39 PM

:powerslavI've taken my older son to a Maiden show when he was 9 years old. It was funny to see him with his chin down his chest.
From that day on he has been a true metalhead for quite a while. He even let his hair grow for almost two years.
These days he mostly listens to chart music, but at least he's open minded about all kinds of music.

MetalDrummer888
05-04-2008, 10:22 PM

too young for what? :eyes:

HECHO EN MEXICO
05-04-2008, 11:16 PM
too young for what? :eyes:

:eyes:

SirLardsAlot
05-05-2008, 12:19 AM
Too old if you ask me! Should have started him from birth :D :rocker:

Maiden33
05-05-2008, 05:09 AM
Only one possible problem here.
Sometimes kids will purposely go against what their parents like as a form of rebellion, or sometimes just by coincidence... irony seems to work that way. Either he'll be a Maiden fan for life or he'll wind up wanting nothing to do with it, it's risky.

Fe Maiden
05-05-2008, 07:27 AM
Only one possible problem here.
Sometimes kids will purposely go against what their parents like as a form of rebellion, or sometimes just by coincidence... irony seems to work that way. Either he'll be a Maiden fan for life or he'll wind up wanting nothing to do with it, it's risky.He likes the Maiden songs I have let him listen to thus far especially The Trooper!

EvilCheeseWedge
05-05-2008, 08:49 AM
it's risky

:lol:

I can think of worse things then my kids not liking Maiden ;)

But no, I don't think 11 is too young.

My dad isn't really into metal, or concerts, but I've seen stuff like Black Sabbath and Alice Cooper with him, even when I was old enough to hit the concerts with my friends instead.