PDA

View Full Version : Dimmu Borgir -- Norfolk, VA -- April 28th, 2008

ReekRend
05-03-2008, 02:08 PM
Setlist was the same as all other shows on the tour.

Unfortunately, the sound was awful exactly as reported for the previous shows.

I love Dimmu, and I still enjoyed the show, but I can't see how there is any excuse for how bad the sound was. It sounded like the mixer blew out 3/4 of its frequencies and the only thing left was a bit of the low-midrange. Very sad. It may be the worst sound I've ever heard at any show.

Oddly Keep of Kalessin and Behemoth both sounded great, so this makes even less sense.

Isn't this what sound checks are for? How could the entire crew be oblivious to how bad it sounded? As for the band, they didn't seem to notice anything at all so maybe it sounded ok in the monitors.

Firewind
05-03-2008, 07:43 PM
It sounded pretty good at the Austin show. Last time I saw Dimmu the sound was deplorable, so I was pleasantly surprised this time.

lakebod0m
05-04-2008, 12:17 AM
I dunno what the fuck Dimmus problem is. When they were here in 2007 it was terrible as well, I figured a year might give them time to change it, but apparently it's been shitty this entire tour as well. I've pretty much given up hope on them

Heartless_Name
05-05-2008, 11:01 AM
I dunno what the fuck Dimmus problem is. When they were here in 2007 it was terrible as well, I figured a year might give them time to change it, but apparently it's been shitty this entire tour as well. I've pretty much given up hope on them

They were great when I saw them, no complaints at all. It depends on the venue and the in-house equipment, etc...