PDA

View Full Version : JUDAS PRIEST: "Nostradamus" Information

SomewhereInTime72
04-16-2008, 11:18 AM
Source: Blabbermouth (http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=95015)

Release date is June 17th in North America. A day earlier internationally...

"Nostradamus" track listing:

01. Dawn of Creation *
02. Prophecy
03. Awakening *
04. Revelations
05. The Four Horsemen *
06. War
07. Sands of Time *
08. Pestilence And Plague
09. Death
10. Peace *
11. Conquest
12. Lost Love
13. Persecution
14. Solitude *
15. Exiled
16. Alone
17. Shadows In the Flame *
18. Visions
19. Hope *
20. New Beginnings
21. Calm Before the Storm *
22. Nostradamus
23. Future Of Mankind

* Intro pieces of music going into the main track

:hmm:

Maiden33
04-16-2008, 11:25 AM
I predict this will be my favorite Judas Priest album... just a hunch.

mankvill
04-16-2008, 12:05 PM
23 tracks? EPICCC

I will definitely be getting this. :bliss:

Div
04-16-2008, 12:08 PM
intro tracks? that means theres a good chance this is going to suck.

JRA
04-16-2008, 12:25 PM
:badidea: :boohoo:

Maiden33
04-16-2008, 12:31 PM
intro tracks? that means theres a good chance this is going to suck.

I think they mean more "interlude" tracks than intro tracks. If this is a double album, the tracks will need to be sizeable length as a whole, which means some of those tracks are probably 2-3 minute building tracks as well as short interludes and intros.
I'm a sucker for anything conceptual though, so I've got a good feeling about it. I feel it's either going to be a masterpiece of an embarassment.

SomewhereInTime72
04-16-2008, 12:35 PM
The 9 intro things have got me worried. It's messing with my otherwise high expectations. :bouville:

DethMaiden
04-16-2008, 12:55 PM
My expectations are exceedingly low.

Div
04-16-2008, 01:59 PM
I think they mean more "interlude" tracks than intro tracks. If this is a double album, the tracks will need to be sizeable length as a whole, which means some of those tracks are probably 2-3 minute building tracks as well as short interludes and intros.
I'm a sucker for anything conceptual though, so I've got a good feeling about it. I feel it's either going to be a masterpiece of an embarassment.

what worries me is that alot of the time interlude tracks in concept albums are just boring filler such as spoken dialouge or vauge sounds of wind blowing and lightning bolts, it gets a little pretentious. hopefully priest wont be as cleche as that though.

JRA
04-16-2008, 02:08 PM
what worries me is that alot of the time interlude tracks in concept albums are just boring filler such as spoken dialouge or vauge sounds of wind blowing and lightning bolts, it gets a little pretentious. hopefully priest wont be as cleche as that though.

Priest practically invented the metal cliche! :lol:

ravenheart
04-16-2008, 03:39 PM
Priest practically invented the metal cliche! :lol:

We can be pretty confident they wont be 'cleche', then ;)

mankvill
04-16-2008, 03:47 PM
...wouldn't it be awesome if this was just melting with cheese?

Nostradamus riding a Harley, fighting demons! :rocker:

EvilCheeseWedge
04-16-2008, 04:33 PM
Nostradamus riding a Harley, fighting demons! :rocker:

Confess :fist:

Maiden33
04-16-2008, 05:21 PM
I've been wanting to say this since the day this was announced but I've been forgetting.
The thing that bothers me about this is that there already has been a double album based on the life and prophecies of Nostradamus.
"Nikolo Kotzev's Nostradamus" (2001) featuring vocals from Joe Lynn Turner, Jorn Lande, Glenn Hughes, Doogie White, and others.
http://www.nostramusic.com/img/cover.jpg
It's awesome, I highly recommend it.

JRA
04-16-2008, 06:22 PM
I've been wanting to say this since the day this was announced but I've been forgetting.
The thing that bothers me about this is that there already has been a double album based on the life and prophecies of Nostradamus.
"Nikolo Kotzev's Nostradamus" (2001) featuring vocals from Joe Lynn Turner, Jorn Lande, Glenn Hughes, Doogie White, and others.

Wow. Hoooooly fuck.

EvilCheeseWedge
04-16-2008, 07:02 PM

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm going to try to say this with a straight face:

I'm sure Priest's album will... explore... new... gr--

Nope. Can't do it.

JRA
04-16-2008, 07:16 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm going to try to say this with a straight face:

I'm sure Priest's album will... explore... new... gr--

Nope. Can't do it.

Oh come on, fucking everyone knew this wasn't gonna be groundbreaking (and I say this wearing a Priest shirt with all my fanboydom) :eyes:.

EvilCheeseWedge
04-16-2008, 08:14 PM
Oh come on, fucking everyone knew this wasn't gonna be groundbreaking (and I say this wearing a Priest shirt with all my fanboydom) :eyes:.

Yeah, but not only is it not groundbreaking... it's already been done.

TonyD
04-16-2008, 11:58 PM
Yeah, but not only is it not groundbreaking... it's already been done.

I won't really care if its just a bunch of kickass songs. I've never really been into concept albums, but if its good shit, I'll take it over Angel of Retribution any day.

HECHO EN MEXICO
04-17-2008, 01:55 AM
05. The Four Horsemen *

METALLICA COVER?
:confused:

DarkTwilight
04-17-2008, 06:51 AM
This album looks like its going to be great. I mean, whats wrong with intro tracks? Ever listen to Nightfall in Middle Earth? And we already know Judas Priest can do intro tracks... just look at The Hellion and Battle Hymn. Sure we have a lot of one word song titles... I say don't judge the album by the names of the songs, its priest, they could call their songs whatever they want, I can't wait for this fucking album to come out....

Maiden33
04-17-2008, 11:40 AM
This album looks like its going to be great. I mean, whats wrong with intro tracks? Ever listen to Nightfall in Middle Earth? And we already know Judas Priest can do intro tracks... just look at The Hellion and Battle Hymn. Sure we have a lot of one word song titles... I say don't judge the album by the names of the songs, its priest, they could call their songs whatever they want, I can't wait for this fucking album to come out....

More or less I agree, but see my previous post as to why this concept isn't so amazing for me.
Like I said though, it's probably going to be either amazing or embarassing. Roy Z is involved as far as I know, so that gives me some confidence.