PDA

View Full Version : "Television: Teacher, mother, secret lover"

powerslave_85
04-14-2008, 07:37 PM
What's everyone's favorite shows? What do think are the best shows on right now? What shows do you think are awful?

Best show on right now: The Office or 30 Rock (I honestly can't pick one or the other, they're dead even IMO)

Shows I can't miss:
The Office
30 Rock
South Park
The Venture Bros.
Mythbusters
The Simpsons (yes, even the new episodes)
The Daily Show
The Colbert Report
Law and Order: Special Victims Unit
Good Eats

Shows I watch if I happen to catch them:
Family Guy
Deadliest Catch
Dirty Jobs
Scrubs
The Root of All Evil
The Universe
American Dad
King of the Hill
CSI (if there's nothing else on)
Law and Order
Aqua Teen Hunger Force (the new episodes kinda suck, I just stick to my DVDs)

I didn't list Futurama (my second favorite show ever, after The Simpsons), Seinfeld, Harvey Birdman: Attorney At Law, or Sealab 2021 because they're only in syndication now. But I still love them.

Firewind
04-14-2008, 07:44 PM
I almost never watch TV anymore, but I never miss Jeopardy from 4-5 every weekday. :D

JRA
04-14-2008, 07:54 PM
Didn't you do this thread 2 years ago? :D

Spiral_Slave
04-14-2008, 07:59 PM
The only shows I watch habitually is of course LOST. Best drama TV show of all-time in my opinion. I also love Seinfeld, but I've seen pretty much every episode so I don't watch it on TV much anymore, and I also like South Park, and King Of Queens.

ChildrenofSodom
04-14-2008, 08:08 PM
Mythbusters, Futurama, Family Guy, Whitest Kids U Know, Daily Show, Colbert Report, Iron Chef America, Aqua Teen Hunger Force.

Maiden33
04-14-2008, 08:53 PM
Most of my watching consits of The Colbert Report and South Park. I usually catch The Daily Show as well. Two and a Half Men is a pretty hilarious show, and I'm still a sucker for Seinfeld reruns on TBS. I enjoy Mythbusters a good bit.

Div
04-14-2008, 09:16 PM
Currently only House. Mostly cause it's relevant to my studies, however there hasnt been a new episode in 2 months anyway. Occasionally I might watch an anime show on the internet if it has a good enough story, but other than that fuck tv, waste of time.

SirLardsAlot
04-14-2008, 10:07 PM
Top 5 All Time Shows:

1. The Simpsons
2. Spongebob Squarepants
3. Lost
4. Seinfeld
5. Man vs Wild

And now just all my favorite shows (Being a nub and copying from my Facebook)

2 Stupid Dogs
The Adventures of Pete and Pete
All in the Family
Attack of the Show
Beavis and Butthead
Cheers
The Cosby Show
The Critic
Dexter's Laboratory
Dirty Jobs
Entourage
The Fairly Oddparents
Fight Quest
Freakazoid
The Fresh Prince of Bel Air
Lost
Mail Call
Man vs. Wild
Most Extreme Elimination Challenge
Mythbusters
Ninja Warrior
Prison Break
Ren and Stimpy
Rocko's Modern Life
Seinfeld
The Simpsons
Spongebob Squarepants
Survivorman
The Three Stooges
Three's Company
Unbeatable Banzuke

JuuKun
04-15-2008, 07:08 AM
My favorite show that's currently on is Curb Your Enthusiasm, I don't miss it. Two and a Half Men is up there, too.

Shows that I'll watch if I happen to see they're on:

American Dad
Family Guy
Criminal Minds
CSI
King of Queens
Man Vs. Wild
Mythbusters
NCIS
Simpsons

Don't watch much TV, though, I'd rather read.

SomewhereInTime72
04-15-2008, 07:57 AM
House and The Office are the only currently airing shows that I watch.

Other than that, I'm a huge fan of Arrested Development, as well as some of the older episodes of That 70's Show.

EvilCheeseWedge
04-15-2008, 11:21 AM
I don't really watch TV. The only thing I watch is The Daily Show when I happen to subscribe to it on iTunes, which is usually. Although sometimes I'll get The Colbert Report for a month instead. The Simpsons is hands down my favorite TV show though, although Arrested Development is close behind. I only get my Simpsons fix from the DVD releases at this point though.

Fe Maiden
04-15-2008, 12:02 PM
I don't watch much but when I do I like to watch:

Iron Chef America:eyes:
The Travel Channel
Modern Marvels
Family Guy

es156
04-15-2008, 05:47 PM
Hockey.

DethMaiden
04-15-2008, 05:58 PM
The Daily Show, The Colbert Report, The Office, Metalocalypse, Family Guy (only the first three seasons), The Red Green Show, Dinner: Impossible, Iron Chef America, Anthony Bourdain: No Reservations, Bizarre Foods With Andrew Zimmern, The Whitest Kids U Know.

Fe Maiden
04-16-2008, 07:27 AM
Anthony Bourdain: No Reservations, Bizarre Foods With Andrew Zimmern
Add these to my list also!

Maiden33
04-16-2008, 11:29 AM
The Red Green Show

OF COURSE! How could I forget?!?!

DethMaiden
04-16-2008, 12:57 PM
OF COURSE! How could I forget?!?!

:D Canadian humor at its finest!

Add these to my list also!

Yeah, those two shows get the vast, vast majority of my watching anymore since Travel reruns them so much. I love the new seasons as well though.

Div
04-20-2008, 02:16 PM
http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/4881/killyourtvsg2.jpg

zgodt
04-20-2008, 07:59 PM
The only shows I bother with regularly these days are Reaper and Top Chef (or whatever happens to be showing at the 10pm Wednesday spot on Bravo).

Best shows ever, of course, are Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Deadwood. I haven't seen The Wire yet, but it sounds pretty promising too.

MetalDrummer888
04-28-2008, 10:31 PM
family guy
scrubs
weeds
nip/tuck
entourage
battlestar galactica

powerslave_85
04-29-2008, 05:30 PM
Here's AOL's list of the top 50 comedies of all time:

50. Everybody Loves Raymond
49. Newhart
48. Night Court
47. Family Guy
46. The Jeffersons
45. Hogan's Heroes
44. Laverne & Shirley
43. The Golden Girls
42. Malcolm in the Middle
41. Gilligan's Island
40. Scrubs
39. Green Acres
38. Taxi
37. WKRP in Cincinnati
36. Arrested Development
35. Sanford & Son
34. Family Ties
33. The Dick Van Dyke Show
32. Will & Grace
31. Welcome Back, Kotter
30. Married With Children
29. Happy Days
28. Maude
27. Mork & Mindy
26. Soap
25. Murphy Brown
24. Barney Miller
23. The Brady Bunch
22. Good Times
21. Sex and the City
20. 30 Rock
19. The Odd Couple
18. Curb Your Enthusiasm
17. Get Smart
16. South Park
15. Frasier
14. The Office
13. The Bob Newhart Show
12. The Larry Sanders Show
11. The Honeymooners
10. Friends
9. I Love Lucy
8. Roseanne
7. The Cosby Show
6. M*A*S*H
5. Cheers
4. The Mary Tyler Moore Show
3. All in the Family
2. Seinfeld
1. The Simpsons

A pleasant surprise to see 30 Rock in the top 20, and it's awesome that Family Guy got shafted. It's definitely lacking Futurama, though, and Arrested Development should have been ranked way higher.

JRA
04-29-2008, 05:36 PM
Here's AOL's list of the top 50 comedies of all time:

A pleasant surprise to see 30 Rock in the top 20, and it's awesome that Family Guy got shafted. It's definitely lacking Futurama, though, and Arrested Development should have been ranked way higher.

What's funny to me is if every single one of those shows above 47 got cancelled no one would lobby to have them come back on (and yes that includes the Simpsons) let alone make it back on a few years later.

I'm not saying being canceled and being brought back on the air is grounds for making it in the top 5, but it has to count for something.

I'm fine with Family Guy being where it is, but Curb Your Enthusiasm needs to go a fuckload lower, that is the most overrated show ever.

powerslave_85
04-29-2008, 05:42 PM
What's funny to me is if every single one of those shows above 47 got cancelled no one would lobby to have them come back on (and yes that includes the Simpsons) let alone make it back on a few years later.

I'm not saying being canceled and being brought back on the air is grounds for making it in the top 5, but it has to count for something.That doesn't necessarily mean it was good, though, just that it was popular. And the continued existence of things like American Idol proves that people like shitty television.

Div
04-29-2008, 05:44 PM
Friends is a comedy???

JRA
04-29-2008, 05:45 PM
That doesn't necessarily mean it was good, though, just that it was popular. And the continued existence of things like American Idol proves that people like shitty television.

The continued existence of the Simpsons proves that people also like a show that's way past its prime but will watch it for the hell of it.

powerslave_85
04-29-2008, 05:46 PM
Friends is a comedy???
I think it was a high-concept social experiment designed to see how unfunny you could make a show and still have lots of people watch it.

JRA
04-29-2008, 05:52 PM
I should probably mention that despite the fact that I get worked up when someone talks shit about Family Guy, I haven't watched a new episode for probably a year and a half. :lol: :eyes: But, that has more to do with the fact that I just don't watch TV anymore than anything else.

Shit, I mean even I've talked shit about new Family Guy. But those first 3 seasons, I guess they're kinda like Kill Em All, Ride The Lightning, and Master Of Puppets to me. :eyes: Strange example, but I stick by it.

Div
04-29-2008, 05:58 PM
I think it was a high-concept social experiment designed to see how unfunny you could make a show and still have lots of people watch it.

:lol: i wouldnt be surprised if it was. i remember in highschool everyone from the preppie cheerleaders to that one goth kid wearing jnco's would all talk about that crap show. and when it was finally canceled you couldnt go 2 minutes without hearing someone crying over it.

EvilCheeseWedge
04-30-2008, 12:17 PM

:light:

Sinfulsot
08-01-2008, 08:32 PM
this thread seems like a decent place to make my first post ever in this forum ... as opposed to creating my own thread to say the same thing, but i will stay on topic.

currently watching:
House
Bones
The Middleman
Eureka
CSI: New York
Fear Itself
Burn Notice
Dr. Who
Stargate: Atlantis
Naruto
Law & Order: Criminal Intent
In Plain Sight

Will check out, though not necessarily religiously:
Law & Order: The Original Series (looking forward to the new season)
Law & Order: SVU
CSI: The Original Series (got burnt out on CSI: Miami)
Good Eats
Modern Marvels

Awaiting the new season:
Heroes
Battlestar Galactica

Shows that I liked, but am unsure of their renewal status:
Life
New Amsterdam
Journeyman

I'm currently at work, it's almost quitting time, and i am suddenly drawing a blank. so here goes nothing...