PDA

View Full Version : Stratovarius Is "No More"

Maiden33
04-02-2008, 10:15 AM
Source: http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=94051

Not really sure what to make of this. Stratovarius were the first power metal band I ever liked... been listening to them for about 4 and a half years now or something... definitely among the most influential bands to my musical explorations since I heard them.
I don't know if anyone remembers, but back in 2004 this happened before to a lesser extent, but the band "made up" and released another album in the fall of 2005. Somehow I actually feel this is for real, and for the first time in my life, I actually really believe what Tolkki is saying and in a sense sympathize with his situation.
I must say I really appreciate the way he's going about this though. I like that he's choosing to "dissolve" Strato rather than simply replacing all the guys and just start over with the same name.
And lastly, I actually am very excited to hear what comes of this new project. Guest vocalists like Tobias Sammet, Michael Kiske, and Pasi Rantainen should make this at least a quality project, not to mention Timo seems very adamant about making sure this lives up to the style of great Stratovarius.

SomewhereInTime72
04-02-2008, 10:58 AM
I am sad.

Spiral_Slave
04-02-2008, 01:44 PM
Really sucks. I wish the plans to do one last tour wouldn't have fell through, I would've loved to see them, but oh well. I'm looking forward to Revolution Rennesaince

Maiden33
04-02-2008, 04:36 PM
Luckily I managed to catch them on that fall of 2005 tour. Very good show, but I definitely could see what Timo was talking about about them "going through the motions".

DreamEvil001
04-02-2008, 08:49 PM
Source: http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=94051

Not really sure what to make of this. Stratovarius were the first power metal band I ever liked... been listening to them for about 4 and a half years now or something... definitely among the most influential bands to my musical explorations since I heard them.
I don't know if anyone remembers, but back in 2004 this happened before to a lesser extent, but the band "made up" and released another album in the fall of 2005. Somehow I actually feel this is for real, and for the first time in my life, I actually really believe what Tolkki is saying and in a sense sympathize with his situation.
I must say I really appreciate the way he's going about this though. I like that he's choosing to "dissolve" Strato rather than simply replacing all the guys and just start over with the same name.
And lastly, I actually am very excited to hear what comes of this new project. Guest vocalists like Tobias Sammet, Michael Kiske, and Pasi Rantainen should make this at least a quality project, not to mention Timo seems very adamant about making sure this lives up to the style of great Stratovarius.

we all hate you

Maiden33
04-02-2008, 08:57 PM
we all hate you

:confused::confused::tp:

Fe Maiden
04-03-2008, 12:19 PM
Too bad, great band!

MetalDrummer888
04-10-2008, 04:23 PM
we all hate you

:lol:

xStructualDefect
04-10-2008, 09:18 PM
great band indeed. one of my favorite power metal acts. luckily i was able to catch them live on their mini US tour in 06.