PDA

View Full Version : Varg Vikernes April 2008 Release From Prison

mankvill
03-31-2008, 11:29 AM
Varg Vikernes should be up for parole this month. Quick overview for people who don't know:

-Varg Vikernes is the one-man black metal/ambient band Burzum and was the bassist in Mayhem at one point.
-Back in the early 90's, he killed Mayhem guitarist Euronymous and he also burnt down some historical churches.
-There is no life sentence in Norway, so his parole comes up this month and there is actually a good chance of him getting out.

Any thoughts on this?

He said he would release one or two more Filosofem-style Burzum albums if he gets out. That would be fantastic.

hot_turkey_ed
03-31-2008, 11:36 AM
I'd be surprised if he gets parole after the events of the 2003, failing to return to prison and the circumstances of his recapture.

mankvill
03-31-2008, 11:38 AM
I'd be surprised if he gets parole after the events of the 2003, failing to return to prison and the circumstances of his recapture.

That's true, but I remember him or someone saying that because of his denied parole chance in 2006 or so, that it violated some human rights law, so that's why I say it's a good chance this time.

Derelict
03-31-2008, 11:42 AM
Didn't he stab Euronymous 20+ times (after he turned his back)? That's a real shame he has a chance to get out of prison.

mankvill
03-31-2008, 11:49 AM
Didn't he stab Euronymous 20+ times (after he turned his back)? That's a real shame he has a chance to get out of prison.
On his website and in the book Lords of the Underworld, he said he ran after Euronymous and stabbed him 3 or 4 times, then Euronymous (in just his underwear, mind you) fell and landed on a broken lightbulb, which is why in court they say he stabbed him so many times.

But then Varg jammed the knife right into his skull to kill him anyways.

ChildrenofSodom
03-31-2008, 12:27 PM

He said he had to hit and kick the knife to dislodge it from him skull. Then when he failed to report back to prison, a few years ago, he was recaptured with a lot of guns and explosives.

But hey, maybe he's changed.

SirLardsAlot
03-31-2008, 02:40 PM
Me and Overkiller swore a few years back that as soon as Varg was released from prison, we'd be his personal body guards, because he's probably going to be killed as soon as he's released. Looks like it's time to get a passport.

mankvill
03-31-2008, 02:48 PM
Me and Overkiller swore a few years back that as soon as Varg was released from prison, we'd be his personal body guards, because he's probably going to be killed as soon as he's released. Looks like it's time to get a passport.

From what I understand, there was (at the time) strong anti-Grishnack and strong anti-Euronymous groups. I wonder if they are still around?

JRA
03-31-2008, 04:27 PM

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Div
03-31-2008, 05:56 PM
don't you mean "Kristian Vikernes" :lol:

mankvill
03-31-2008, 06:57 PM
don't you mean "Kristian Vikernes" :lol:

Not kvlt enough!