PDA

View Full Version : A new found liking for........

Fe Maiden
03-18-2008, 12:15 PM
Blaze era Maiden!

I know that will shock some of you!

Yes, I've been listening to the X Factor and Virtual XI recently and like them much more now than when I originally got them. There are still two songs on Virtual XI that just don't work for me! TAATG I absolutely HATE!!! Soory but I really Fucking HATE it!!! Don't Look To The Eyes Of A Stranger has good instrumental parts but the rest is awful!! Both songs suffer from too much repetition!!

That being said, I guess I am warming up to these albums much more than years ago. So, any recommendations for a Blaze solo album to start with?:eyes:

hot_turkey_ed
03-18-2008, 12:34 PM
This calls for a long silenced...

BLAZE IS THE MESSIAH! :mad:

hot_turkey_ed
03-18-2008, 12:36 PM
Blaze era Maiden!

I know that will shock some of you!

Yes, I've been listening to the X Factor and Virtual XI recently and like them much more now than when I originally got them. There are still two songs on Virtual XI that just don't work for me! TAATG I absolutely HATE!!! Soory but I really Fucking HATE it!!! Don't Look To The Eyes Of A Stranger has good instrumental parts but the rest is awful!! Both songs suffer from too much repetition!!

That being said, I guess I am warming up to these albums much more than years ago. So, any recommendations for a Blaze solo album to start with?:eyes:

My rec's in the following order:

As Live As It Gets
Blood And Belief
10th Dimension
Silicon Messiah

Fe Maiden
03-18-2008, 01:24 PM
BLAZE IS THE MESSIAH! :mad::lol: I would not go quite that far;)

EvilCheeseWedge
03-18-2008, 01:27 PM
All of Blaze's solo stuff is good, so you really can't go wrong. That said, I think Ed's order is a pretty good call.

I still don't like the Blaze Maiden albums though :hecho:

es156
03-18-2008, 05:29 PM
All of Blaze's solo stuff is good, so you really can't go wrong. That said, I think Ed's order is a pretty good call.

I still don't like the Blaze Maiden albums though :hecho:

I'm surprised that you don't like The X Factor. I am not a big fan of Virtual XI either but I do like The X Factor. The Edge Of Darkness :fist:

DethMaiden
03-18-2008, 05:37 PM
Both Blaze albums are better than No Prayer, and The X-Factor is in the upper half of Maiden releases for me.

JRA
03-18-2008, 05:37 PM
I liked both of those albums at first, but they got old very quickly.

Div
03-18-2008, 05:47 PM
no prayer is a good album

Blitzkrieg Witchcraft
03-18-2008, 06:41 PM
I like 4 songs from the Blaze era.

Futureal
Sign of the Cross
The Clansman
Man on the Edge

That's about it. Saw them with Blaze once. He did a poor job on the Bruce material, IMO. He just didn't have Bruce's range.

EvilCheeseWedge
03-18-2008, 07:00 PM
Both Blaze albums are better than No Prayer, and The X-Factor is in the upper half of Maiden releases for me.

I like No Prayer better than the Blaze albums, but I dislike Fear of the Dark as much as X-Factor and Virtual XI ;)

SomewhereInTime72
03-18-2008, 07:37 PM

double agree.

hot_turkey_ed
03-18-2008, 11:17 PM
Here is my ranking of all Blaze album in terms of all Maiden albums.

1. All Maiden albums and releases, including redudant Trooper and Hallowed releases.
2. All Blaze album and release.

It's pretty easy for me to keep this list straight in my head.

:allan:

ravenheart
03-19-2008, 03:13 AM
The Blaze live album is a good place to start on paper, but it's not the best recording, I don't think.

I would always recommend starting with Tenth Dimension. For me that's a flawless record.

And I do like the Blaze Maiden albums, and agree TAATG is terrible and DLTTEOAS just drags. X Factor is a great album start to finish.

Maiden33
03-19-2008, 04:21 AM
Yeah, Blaze's solo material is not to be overlooked or underestimated. A lot of great songs to be heard.
The X Factor is better than VXI, but honestly I love a bunch of the tracks on there... namely Educated Fool and Como Estais Amigo.

ravenheart
03-19-2008, 06:01 AM
Agreed. Como Estais and Fool are great.

ravenheart
03-19-2008, 06:02 AM
In terms of a Blaze starting point, he's selling a new Best of CD on his website pretty cheaply.

Fe Maiden
03-19-2008, 07:32 AM
The Blaze live album is a good place to start on paper, but it's not the best recording, I don't think.

I would always recommend starting with Tenth Dimension. For me that's a flawless record.

And I do like the Blaze Maiden albums, and agree TAATG is terrible and DLTTEOAS just drags. X Factor is a great album start to finish.For some reason I was thinking Tenth Dimension as well!

SomewhereInTime72
03-19-2008, 11:30 AM
Como Estais Amigo is amazing.

Yeah... Virtual XI is easily my least favorite Maiden album besides No Prayer (both of which are still good in my opinion, though). But The X Factor really is just a great fucking album, and up there with some of the classic Maiden albums. :cool:

EvilCheeseWedge
03-19-2008, 11:42 AM
I just don't think I'll ever like the Blaze albums. Not because of Blaze. Mostly because the songs just make me want to cry (in pain.) I blame Steve. I also feel the same about Fear of the Dark. For some reason, I like No Prayer. It has a grittier vibe like early Maiden, although I think Janick takes something away from the album. Yeah, it's got some real turds, but it's got some okay songs too. And then some of it just tacky ("Mother Russia" ugh.) Hardly my favorite, but I'd rank it above Fear of the Dark, X-Factor, and Virtual XI.

Div
03-19-2008, 11:58 AM
Yea FOTD was a pretty weak album, No Prayer is better.

Fe Maiden
03-19-2008, 01:48 PM
Yea FOTD was a pretty weak album, No Prayer is better.I like most of NPFTD

Fe Maiden
03-19-2008, 01:52 PM
As Live As It Gets
Blood And Belief
10th Dimension
Silicon MessiahFrom the samples I've heard and from youtube stuff I think I may start out with Tenth Dimension:eyes:

Maiden33
03-19-2008, 03:40 PM
Yea FOTD was a pretty weak album, No Prayer is better.

Yeah, except half of NPFTD blows by Maiden standards and FOTD has some very respectable underrated tracks.

zgodt
03-19-2008, 10:08 PM

No. It's not.

powerslave_85
03-19-2008, 10:37 PM
Yeah, except half of NPFTD blows by Maiden standards and FOTD has some very respectable underrated tracks.
I agree, except I think most of NPFTD blows by anyone's standards, not just Maiden's.

JRA
03-20-2008, 05:34 AM
I agree, except I think most of NPFTD blows by anyone's standards, not just Maiden's.

ravenheart
03-20-2008, 06:05 AM

There are some tracks I like on No Prayer. But I agree with the underrated tracks on FOTD. I always liked Childhood's End and Fear Is The Key, myself. But then, I also really like Mother Russia.

Fe Maiden
03-20-2008, 09:12 AM
From the samples I've heard and from youtube stuff I think I may start out with Tenth Dimension:eyes:
Actually now I see on CDuniverse that I can get both SM & TD packaged together for less than $20!

ravenheart
03-20-2008, 09:18 AM
It's even cheaper than that here as it's in Amazon's latest price reductions :)

Fe Maiden
03-29-2008, 10:30 AM
Actually now I see on CDuniverse that I can get both SM & TD packaged together for less than $20!It arrived yesterday! This is some good shit!

HECHO EN MEXICO
03-31-2008, 03:14 AM
A new found liking for.......
paul era maiden!
:D

....and
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ORc5Td_T6og

the cure,

:allan: