PDA

View Full Version : Iced Earth Single - Framing Armageddon Songs Retracked With Barlow

ravenheart
03-14-2008, 06:32 PM
New Iced Earth single "I Walk Among You" due in June.

Will include exclusive version of "I Walk Alone", set to appear on Something Wicked Part 2, plus new versions of "Setian Massacre" and "The Clouding" re-tracked with Matt Barlow on vocals. An i-Tunes exclusive version will feature "A Charge To Keep" with Barlow.

I knew they'd do this. Can't say I'm upset.

Div
03-14-2008, 10:19 PM
as if getting a different singer is going to make that album suck any less, and the fact that theyre making deals with Apple is just pathetic. what happened to standing up against the "corporate cocksuckers" jon? :tp:

Maiden33
03-17-2008, 11:45 AM
What they really need to do is rerecord the Gettysburg trilogy with Barlow, so I can just call it the best thing they've ever done and be done with it.

Spiral_Slave
03-17-2008, 11:51 AM
Eh, I'm not complaining.

Div
03-17-2008, 11:54 AM
the best thing they've ever done

http://www.icedearth.com/discography/c_stormrider_400.jpg

ravenheart
03-17-2008, 12:33 PM
Meh, definitely not.

ChildrenofSodom
03-17-2008, 04:14 PM
What they really need to do is rerecord the Gettysburg trilogy with Barlow, so I can just call it the best thing they've ever done and be done with it.

Gettysburg Trilogy is magnificent with Ripper, who is Barlow to just go back and redo everything? Give Owens at least a little dignity.

Maiden33
03-17-2008, 05:07 PM
Gettysburg Trilogy is magnificent with Ripper, who is Barlow to just go back and redo everything? Give Owens at least a little dignity.

I admit, Gettysburg is probably the best (and by best I mean most tolerable to my ears) Ripper performance in IE. Still, I'd be very anxious to hear what Barlow could do with the song, as I think the style of the song is more his than Ripper's. Songs like The Reckoning are better for Ripper's style than Barlow's.

ravenheart
03-17-2008, 06:42 PM

The same person Owens was to go back and re-record the Something Wicked trilogy?