ravenheart
02-27-2008, 12:49 PM
For the album and the tour. Discuss.

JRA
02-27-2008, 12:50 PM
AAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

ravenheart
02-27-2008, 12:52 PM
Could be interesting. Purely because Ripper is such a different singer to Soto/White/Leven/Boals, it should force Yngwie to make some different music for a change.

And I can hear him singing Never Die now.

SomewhereInTime72
02-27-2008, 01:07 PM
Oh, Ripper. :(

powerslave_85
02-27-2008, 01:12 PM
There aren't enough LULZ in the world to express my opinion on this matter.

Fe Maiden
02-27-2008, 01:13 PM
:eyes:Never saw this one comin':eyes:

Div
02-27-2008, 01:18 PM
the guys got a good voice, i feel sorry for him for getting thrown around all the time. he shouldve just made his own band and stuck with it.

Spiral_Slave
02-27-2008, 01:45 PM
the guys got a good voice, i feel sorry for him for getting thrown around all the time. he shouldve just made his own band and stuck with it.

He made and put out an album with Beyond Fear, and they're apparenently working on a follow-up album now.

TonyD
02-27-2008, 02:55 PM
That took me totally by surprise, but I'm actually looking forward to it.
I'll have to catch them on this tour. Who knows, maybe this could spark some new interest for people to listen to Yngwie. He could even become semi-popular again haha

Maiden33
02-27-2008, 02:57 PM

Yeah, Ripper should make his own solo band so people can stop pretending they give a shit about him. He can be decent at best, but most of the time he's just really fucking annoying. Yngwie isn't capable of anything remotely original anymore (last good album was "Facing the Animal"), so we're really just gonna be adding insult to inury here, probably resulting in the worst Yngwie album ever, because unlike in the past, the vocalist won't actually make the wanking worth tolerating.

DethMaiden
02-27-2008, 04:28 PM
What's funny is everyone talks about how awesome Ripper is when he's only made one remotely good album in his life, The Glorious Burden. The Priest stuff sucks, Framing Armageddon sucks, and Beyond Fear sucks MASSIVE balls. He'll be the rent-a-singer of lots of increasingly irrelevant traditional metal bands for the rest of his life, I'm sure.

ravenheart
02-27-2008, 04:32 PM
Evidently you haven't heard Heart of a Killer. That's the best thing he's made in his career so far.

I also like Beyond Fear and the Priest stuff.

DethMaiden
02-27-2008, 04:33 PM
Evidently you haven't heard Heart of a Killer. That's the best thing he's made in his career so far.

I also like Beyond Fear and the Priest stuff.

Is that the Winters Bane album? If so, it's the only thing he's done I haven't heard.

ravenheart
02-27-2008, 04:35 PM
Yep, that's the first Winters Bane album. Get yourself a copy. It's awesome (one or two cheesy lyrics aside).

Alex Koch sings on the latest Winters Bane. Also an excellent album. And heavy as fuck.

Lou St. Paul, the guitar player who basically is Winters Bane, has been asked to put together a band to make a 100% pure '80s metal album. He's got Rob Rock on vocals, Annihilator's drummer Rob Falzano and ex-Death bassist Kelly Conlon. It's called Fires of Babylon and will be out at the end of April.

DethMaiden
02-27-2008, 04:36 PM
Yep, that's the first Winters Bane album. Get yourself a copy. It's awesome (one or two cheesy lyrics aside).

Alan Tecchio sings on the latest Winters Bane. Also an excellent album. And heavy as fuck.

I'll look for it. I do like Ripper's voice, I merely meant to comment on the fact that he's misfortunately wandered into a lot of songwriting disasters in his career.

JRA
02-27-2008, 05:05 PM
I just realized something. Ripper sang in Winter's Bane before Priest, and Blazy Bayley sang in a band called Wolfsbane before Maiden.

:eyes: :eyes:

SomewhereInTime72
02-27-2008, 05:44 PM
I'm surprised Dio's band before Sabbath wasn't Bainrow.

mankvill
02-27-2008, 06:11 PM
...Bruce Dickinson's first band was Baneson?

i got nothin'

:bouville:

ChildrenofSodom
02-27-2008, 06:21 PM

Umm. Beyond Fear. They have a song called Scream Machine. You make up your own mind.

ChildrenofSodom
02-27-2008, 06:23 PM
I just realized something. Ripper sang in Winter's Bane before Priest, and Blazy Bayley sang in a band called Wolfsbane before Maiden.

:eyes: :eyes:

And The Sword have a song called Winter's Wolves.

OMG!

SirLardsAlot
02-27-2008, 06:29 PM
And The Sword have a song called Winter's Wolves.

OMG!

FREYA!!!

Spiral_Slave
02-27-2008, 06:45 PM
Umm. Beyond Fear. They have a song called Scream Machine. You make up your own mind.

Scream Machine rules dude

TonyD
02-27-2008, 08:27 PM
I'm surprised Dio's band before Sabbath wasn't Bainrow.

All the crappy bain jokes and lame sarcasm in the thread was worth this one

hot_turkey_ed
02-27-2008, 09:40 PM
I'd like to see the Ripper get into a really stable band situation and kick some ass. Singing for Yngwie doesn't exactly qualify for that in my book.

Maiden33
02-28-2008, 10:44 AM
Scream Machine rules dude

I heard pretty much the whole Beyond Fear album and wasn't impressed by the majority of it.

DethMaiden
02-28-2008, 11:06 AM
I heard pretty much the whole Beyond Fear album and wasn't impressed by the majority of it.

Because of its vast quantities of suck, right?

ravenheart
02-28-2008, 02:50 PM
Apparently Ripper won't be doing any writing on the new album, just singing.

JuuKun
03-01-2008, 08:49 AM
It's not TOTALLY out of the blue, I guess, didn't they do that "Mr. Crowley" cover together for the Ozzy tribute Flying High Again?

Spiral_Slave
03-01-2008, 09:04 AM
It's not TOTALLY out of the blue, I guess, didn't they do that "Mr. Crowley" cover together for the Ozzy tribute Flying High Again?

Indeed they did.