PDA

View Full Version : Oscar Hopes/Predictions

DethMaiden
02-20-2008, 07:15 AM
Here's who I think should win everything. I dunno if this is what is gonna happen.

Best Picture: There Will Be Blood
Best Actor: Daniel Day-Lewis in There Will Be Blood
Best Supporting Actor: Javier Bardem in No Country for Old Men
Best Actress: Ellen Page in Juno
Best Supporting Actress: didn't see any of those movies :eyes:
Best Director: Joel and Ethan Coen for No Country for Old Men

And I don't really care about the rest. Y'all?

DethMaiden
02-20-2008, 07:17 AM
Here's the nominee list too: http://www.oscar.com/nominees/

powerslave_85
02-20-2008, 09:21 AM
I only saw There Will Be Blood out of all the nominated movies, so I'm not really in much of a position to judge. I'm going to get Michael Clayton on Netflix soon, though.

SomewhereInTime72
02-20-2008, 09:22 AM
In before oscars are hollywood people stroking their own egos and are a meaningless scam.

SomewhereInTime72
02-20-2008, 09:22 AM
The Oscars are just a meaningless scam of Hollywood people stroking each other's egos.

ChildrenofSodom
02-20-2008, 09:47 AM
The Oscars are just a meaningless scam of Hollywood people stroking each other's egos.

Amen.

DethMaiden
02-20-2008, 10:00 AM
I usually don't give a damn but I'm in the unique position of having actually seen some good movies this year, so sure, I'll watch it.

powerslave_85
02-20-2008, 11:28 AM
Plus, Jon Stewart's hosting, so that's another incentive.

Div
02-20-2008, 03:31 PM
I don't really care

took the words right out of my mouth

DreamEvil001
02-20-2008, 11:17 PM
Plus, Jon Stewart's hosting, so that's another incentive.

true, but are a few scattered minutes of hilarity worth sitting through hours of boredom?

powerslave_85
02-24-2008, 09:26 PM
Kinda disappointed that TWBB didn't get best picture, but Daniel Day Lewis got Best Actor, and that was fine with me. I'm glad that Diablo Cody got Original Screenplay, and it was cool seeing Brad Bird get one for Ratatouille, since he worked on the Simpsons for a long time.

DethMaiden
02-25-2008, 04:53 AM
Kinda disappointed that TWBB didn't get best picture, but Daniel Day Lewis got Best Actor, and that was fine with me. I'm glad that Diablo Cody got Original Screenplay, and it was cool seeing Brad Bird get one for Ratatouille, since he worked on the Simpsons for a long time.

I was glad Daniel Day-Lewis, Diablo Cody, Javier Bardem, and especially The Coen Brothers won. As for best picture, No Country for Old Men, There Will Be Blood, and Juno all ruled almost equally, so I wasn't really disappointed.

SirLardsAlot
02-25-2008, 08:28 AM
I'm very disappointed that Spiderman 3 didn't win best picture.

powerslave_85
02-25-2008, 09:52 AM
Juno was great, but artistically it's not even in the same universe as No Country or Blood. I finally got to see No Country last night, and while I liked it a lot, I couldn't help but be a little disappointed, especially the last 1/4 of the movie. I do love the fact that TWBB is extremely tense because of the score, while No Country is intense because it lacks one.

This was the first time in a while, maybe ever, where I actually enjoyed watching the awards show. Jon Stewart was fantastic, and there were some really great moments (Marion Cotillard and Javier Bardem's speeches, Stewart bringing Marketa Irglova back out so she could give her great speech, etc.).

Div
02-25-2008, 01:36 PM
what a pretentious, superficial waste of humanity

DethMaiden
02-25-2008, 06:56 PM
Juno was great, but artistically it's not even in the same universe as No Country or Blood. I finally got to see No Country last night, and while I liked it a lot, I couldn't help but be a little disappointed, especially the last 1/4 of the movie. I do love the fact that TWBB is extremely tense because of the score, while No Country is intense because it lacks one.

This was the first time in a while, maybe ever, where I actually enjoyed watching the awards show. Jon Stewart was fantastic, and there were some really great moments (Marion Cotillard and Javier Bardem's speeches, Stewart bringing Marketa Irglova back out so she could give her great speech, etc.).

Yeah, it was a good show all in all. Stewart had some great lines, Cotillard was totally hot, and Bardem and Day-Lewis had good speeches.