PDA

View Full Version : The Red Chord -- Kettering, OH -- February 7th, 2008

DethMaiden
02-07-2008, 08:29 PM
They kicked ass, but we missed Skeletonwitch after getting lost as hell so the night wasn't that great. Still, go see the TRC if you get the chance, charismatic as hell and consummate musicians, definitely one of my favorite modern metal bands.

Setlist:

He Was Dead When I Got There
Film Critiques and Militia Men
Antman
Black Santa
Send the Death Storm
Clients
Bone Needle
L Formation
Nihilist
Dread Prevailed
Dreaming in Dog Years
Pray for Eyes

EchoesOfDecimation
02-07-2008, 08:33 PM
He Was Dead When I Got There?
Are you sure dude, that's a 6 minute instrumental.

DethMaiden
02-07-2008, 08:38 PM
He Was Dead When I Got There?
Are you sure dude, that's a 6 minute instrumental.

They did the first like three minutes of it and went into Film Critiques. I only put it because it was done live and not as intro tape.

mankvill
02-07-2008, 08:42 PM
Isn't "modern metal" another word for "metalcore/deathcore"?

I won't knock The Red Chord though. I've never listened to them. Although now I might go see them in April.

DethMaiden
02-07-2008, 08:44 PM
Isn't "modern metal" another word for "metalcore/deathcore"?

I won't knock The Red Chord though. I've never listened to them. Although now I might go see them in April.

They're pretty much deathcore, yeah, but they're worlds better than some of the lameass bands they've influenced like Job for a Cowboy, The Faceless and Animosity. You should check them out.

powerslave_85
02-07-2008, 08:51 PM
I still don't understand why you jock these guys. They're so boring, Brad :(

DethMaiden
02-07-2008, 08:54 PM
I still don't understand why you jock these guys. They're so boring, Brad :(

Incorrect. In my opinion.

powerslave_85
02-07-2008, 08:56 PM
I know. But it just disappoints me, since your musical tastes are usually so good. I guess I'll let this one go ;)

DethMaiden
02-07-2008, 08:57 PM
I know. But it just disappoints me, since your musical tastes are usually so good. I guess I'll let this one go ;)

Thanks. I deserve one freebie. :tongue:

overkiller
02-07-2008, 08:58 PM
worthless genre, kbye

EchoesOfDecimation
02-07-2008, 09:28 PM
The Red Chord are much more than "Deathcore". They write well composed songs, DO NOT use forced breakdowns and avoid the 'chugga chugga' breakdowns that are all too prevalent in today's music scene. I like them much more than most people, but if your looking for good Death/Grind, look no further than "Fused Together In Revolving Doors". Top notch on every level.

DethMaiden
02-08-2008, 11:50 AM
The Red Chord are much more than "Deathcore". They write well composed songs, DO NOT use forced breakdowns and avoid the 'chugga chugga' breakdowns that are all too prevalent in today's music scene. I like them much more than most people, but if your looking for good Death/Grind, look no further than "Fused Together In Revolving Doors". Top notch on every level.

There's also an unquestionable presence of tech-death influence in their music.

lol at teh pun.

Firewind
02-14-2008, 04:13 PM
They're pretty much deathcore, yeah, but they're worlds better than some of the lameass bands they've influenced like Job for a Cowboy, The Faceless and Animosity. You should check them out.

I like The Faceless... Yeah, they're a bit too free with those breakdowns, but when they aren't chugging, they rip!

EchoesOfDecimation
02-14-2008, 06:54 PM
I like The Faceless... Yeah, they're a bit too free with those breakdowns, but when they aren't chugging, they rip!

Yeah, The Facless are awesome tech death and quite underrated.

I also just realzied The Red Chord play L Formation.........

Wow

DethMaiden
02-14-2008, 06:56 PM
I also just realzied The Red Chord play L Formation.........

Wow

It was a total surprise. They really rule on that early shit. Nihilist owned me.

causeofdeath
02-21-2008, 07:24 PM
They kicked ass, but we missed Skeletonwitch after getting lost as hell so the night wasn't that great. Still, go see the TRC if you get the chance, charismatic as hell and consummate musicians, definitely one of my favorite modern metal bands.

Setlist:

He Was Dead When I Got There
Film Critiques and Militia Men
Antman
Black Santa
Send the Death Storm
Clients
Bone Needle
L Formation
Nihilist
Dread Prevailed
Dreaming in Dog Years
Pray for Eyes

i saw them they blew, im done with them, one of the worst bands ive seen next to lordi

DethMaiden
02-21-2008, 07:56 PM
i saw them they blew, im done with them, one of the worst bands ive seen next to lordi

Wow. I guess you can't take my recommendations seriously ever again :lol: :eyes:

But yeah, Lordi are laughable live. :D