PDA

View Full Version : DREAM THEATER, OPETH, 3, BETWEEN THE BURIED AND ME: Tour Dates

mankvill
02-07-2008, 05:48 PM
"Progressive Nation" tour dates:

Apr. 29 - Mexico City, Mexico - National Auditorium *
May 02 - Los Angeles, CA - Gibson Amphitheater
May 03 - Oakland, CA - Paramount Theater
May 05 - Seattle, WA - Wamu Theater
May 06 - Vancouver, BC - Orpheum
May 9-10 - Calgary, ALB - Macewan Hall
May 12 - Minneapolis, MN - Myth
May 13 - Chicago, IL - Rosemont Theater
May 14 - Detroit, MI - The Fillmore
May 16 - Columbus, OH - LC Amphitheater
May 17 - Cleveland, OH - Time Warner Amphitheater @ Tower City
May 18 - Albany, NY - The Armory
May 20 - Boston, MA - Orpheum Theater
May 21-22 - New York, NY - Terminal 5
May 26 - Washington DC - DAR Constitution Hall
May 27 - Richmond, VA - The National
May 28 - Atlanta, GA - Tabernacle
May 30 - Miami, FL - The Fillmore
May 31 - Orlando, FL - Hard Rock
Jun. 01 - Tampa, FL - Ruth Eckerd Hall
Jun. 04 - San Juan, Puerto Rico - Coliseo of Puerto Rico *

* The Mexico and Puerto Rico dates will be DREAM THEATER with special guests BETWEEN THE BURIED AND ME (OPETH and 3 will NOT be appearing on these two dates)

overkiller
02-07-2008, 05:49 PM
LOL

mankvill
02-07-2008, 05:51 PM
LOL

rofl!

TonyD
02-07-2008, 07:09 PM
Well props to Mike Portnoy on putting the bands together, but the venue selection is weak.
Really, how do you expect Opeth and BTBAM to perform in a theater full of seats?

Also, its in Oakland the night before Rush in Concord

ChildrenofSodom
02-07-2008, 08:07 PM
FRIDAY NIGHT SHOW IN COLUMBUS!!!!!!

CAN'T WAIT!!!! :shred: :shred: :punk: :punk:

DethMaiden
02-07-2008, 08:30 PM
YESSS FUCKING COLUMBUS SEE YOU THERE BITCHES

powerslave_85
02-07-2008, 08:44 PM
Damn, I was hoping they'd come through here. Not that I give a shit about Dream Theater, but I would have like to see Opeth and BTBAM.

sylpriest
02-07-2008, 09:30 PM
this show is going to be like 12 hours long

ChildrenofSodom
02-08-2008, 09:27 AM
this show is going to be like 12 hours long

Hopefully.

SomewhereInTime72
02-08-2008, 09:35 AM
This is such a bad tour. :(

zgodt
02-08-2008, 10:41 AM
Damn, I was hoping they'd come through here. Not that I give a shit about Dream Theater, but I would have like to see Opeth and BTBAM.

I've never left a show before the headliner played, but I may consider it for this tour, if ticket prices aren't prohibitive.

DethMaiden
02-08-2008, 11:44 AM
Everyone is being a little bitch about this tour. Honestly, would you take Gigantour or Ozzfest or that fucking Slipknot and Mastodon tour over it?

theWolfisLOOSE
02-08-2008, 08:02 PM
O Fortunate me, I think this tour is one of the best things that could ever happen, and it's not coming to Philly.... :flame:

To top it off, both of the NYC dates are on the same weekdays as Pagan Fest in Allentown and NYC, which is an unbelieveable tour ALSO not coming to Philly.

Joy to the World

I may be able to go to one now or probably neither....

SomewhereInTime72
02-08-2008, 09:50 PM
Everyone is being a little bitch about this tour. Honestly, would you take Gigantour or Ozzfest or that fucking Slipknot and Mastodon tour over it?

Would honestly take Gigantour over this.

SnakeCharmer
02-08-2008, 10:33 PM
This is a pretty cool tour. Plus, its on a Friday in LA!! :rocker:

zgodt
02-08-2008, 11:26 PM

In Flames and High on Fire make the Gigantour lineup pretty attractive too, but again, you have the shitty headliner problem. Although with Megadeth, at least you can count on Peace Sells and Holy Wars.

sylpriest
02-09-2008, 12:02 PM

I would take this over Gigantour anyday. I've seen Megadeth 3 times now and only one of those they actually changed up the setlist. In Flames is unoriginal now and play the same songs off CC and STYE. Children of Bodom is up there with the most overated bands in metal and High on Fire was just here in Orlando but on Gigantour they're just going to play for like 20-30 mins.

If Ozzfest has Priest which is looking like they will, I'd take that over this tour.

es156
02-09-2008, 08:09 PM
If Ozzfest has Priest which is looking like they will

Source?

Maiden33
02-09-2008, 09:10 PM
This is such a bad tour. :(

Agreed. One of these days I'll get out to see Dream Theater, but this will certainly not be it.

TonyD
02-09-2008, 10:37 PM
I would take this over Gigantour anyday. I've seen Megadeth 3 times now and only one of those they actually changed up the setlist. In Flames is unoriginal now and play the same songs off CC and STYE. Children of Bodom is up there with the most overated bands in metal and High on Fire was just here in Orlando but on Gigantour they're just going to play for like 20-30 mins.

If Ozzfest has Priest which is looking like they will, I'd take that over this tour.

Well hopefully what you say about High on Fire isn't true, since Dave said that they cut the bands down to 5 so that everyone got longer sets.
I'm expecting 45 minutes, and I'd be content with that knowing that they will most likely play a show in Oakland at the end of their American touring cycle, since all of the other shows that they have played here in almost a year have been 21+.

I would take "An evening with Judas Priest" over this tour any day.
And yes, CoB is way over-rated, but that doesn't mean they aren't any good.

mankvill
02-10-2008, 01:10 AM
Source?

No source, but I've heard that Ozzy will headline the mainstage, Priest will be there, and Cannibal Corpse will headline the second stage.

DethMaiden
02-10-2008, 06:38 AM
Agreed. One of these days I'll get out to see Dream Theater, but this will certainly not be it.

When most everyone else complains about this tour, their reason is the opposite of that. I'm in a huge minority in liking all four bands.

Maiden33
02-10-2008, 09:19 AM
When most everyone else complains about this tour, their reason is the opposite of that. I'm in a huge minority in liking all four bands.

Well I should also mention that I'm discouraged because I really don't care for Dream Theater's last album.

Axis_Of_Metal
02-10-2008, 12:11 PM
still hope that opeth announces some headlining off dates

Firewind
02-14-2008, 04:31 PM
still hope that opeth announces some headlining off dates

I would cry with happiness if they announced an off date anywhere in Texas...

ChildrenofSodom
02-18-2008, 12:02 AM

I love Opeth and Three, Between the Buried and Me are good from the one album I have, and Dream Theater is okay, though I don't listen to them alot.