PDA

View Full Version : Jurassic Park

powerslave_85
02-01-2008, 12:03 PM
I watched this the other day, and it still floors me how awesome this movie is. It's unbelievable how a 15 year old movie has special effects that are still more realistic and awe-inspiring than stuff that comes out now. I remember seeing it on opening day, and being an 8 year old dinosaur nut, it was akin to a religious experience for me. They're supposedly working on a 4th movie, but no matter how bad it is, I'll go see it. Why? The same reason I saw the other two sequels: I'll sit through bad acting and storytelling as long as there's bad-ass dinosaurs eating people and fucking shit up.

http://www.edspresso.com/images/800px-Jurassic_Park_screenshot_4.jpg

FUCK YES.

Div
02-01-2008, 12:09 PM
i remember having all the toys and playing with them in the back yard with my friends. i think we all had watched the movie atleast 100 times until the VHS tape was worn out.

the ones written by crichton were amazing, i didnt care much for the 3rd one, i think i only saw that three times. i mean the ending had a huge ground invasion of troops on the island, but no dinosaur battle? what a let down. and grant shouldve ended up with the plant chick.

Derelict
02-01-2008, 12:18 PM
those movies were/are badass...still remember seeing the first one in the theater

powerslave_85
02-01-2008, 12:18 PM
I had a HUGE JP toy collection. I had the full size T-Rex, the juvenile T-Rex (which wasn't in the movie, but whatever), a few raptors (you couldn't have just one!), two Explorers, a Jeep, the whole Vistor's Center set, all the characters, you name it. There was a few Christmases where I'm sure I drove my parents up the wall asking for all that stuff, haha.

I wish they'd re-release it in theaters for a special anniversary thing or something. I'd love to see it on the big screen again, it's just one of those films that deserves to be treated that way.

DethMaiden
02-01-2008, 12:30 PM
I saw it for the first time last year in biology class because apparently there's some truth to the way they brought the dinos back. Pretty damned cool movie, and the character played by the guy who played Newman is awesome.

powerslave_85
02-01-2008, 12:34 PM
I saw it for the first time last year in biology class because apparently there's some truth to the way they brought the dinos back.Eh, not much. As I understand it, filling in the gaps in the DNA with reptile or amphibian DNA would not work, and would result in something other than a dinosaur. To clone something, you need a complete strand of DNA, which, from what I read, is impossible to obtain from something that's been fossilized.

DethMaiden
02-01-2008, 12:34 PM
Eh, not much. As I understand it, filling in the gaps in the DNA with reptile or amphibian DNA would not work, and would result in something other than a dinosaur. To clone something, you need a complete strand of DNA, which, from what I read, is impossible to obtain from something that's been fossilized.

I never said my biology teacher was fully sane.

overkiller
02-01-2008, 02:28 PM
Awesome movie. Saw it like 983245843 times when I was little.

Div
02-01-2008, 03:36 PM
anyone remember these guys from the movie?

http://www.toyarchive.com/STAForSale/NEW2001+/JurassicPark/JurassicPark/JPSkinnerInc1a.jpghttp://www.toyarchive.com/STAForSale/NEW2001+/JurassicPark/JurassicPark/JPDrSnareLoose1a.jpg

me either, but they were pretty kick ass toys.

SomewhereInTime72
02-01-2008, 05:09 PM
First two are so fucking great. :party: