14. Moonchild
15. Clairvoyant
16. Hallowed Be Thy Name

desape
02-01-2008, 08:30 AM
Nice set but no Flight of icarus?

KerryKingsBeard
02-01-2008, 08:38 AM
Fuck. I was REALLY hoping for Alexander the Great.

JRA
Moonchild?! Not my 1st choice, but HOLY FUCKING SHIT!

Fe Maiden
I was really hoping for CSIT but I won't complain!

KerryKingsBeard
02-01-2008, 08:50 AM
I was really hoping for CSIT

Yeah that too.

metal_man1019
02-01-2008, 09:13 AM
Intro - Churchills Speech
1. Aces High
2. 2 minutes to midnight
3. Revelations
4. Trooper
5. Wasted Years
6. Number of the Beast
7. Run to the hills
8. Rime of the ancient mariner
9. Powerslave
10. Heaven can wait
11. Can I Play with madness
12. Fear of the Dark
13. Iron Maiden

+

14. Moonchild
15. Clairvoyant
16. Hallowed be thy name

:drool: Only thing I would add is Alexander and Infinite Dreams!

Edit: Just wondering where you found this set

ravenheart
02-01-2008, 09:33 AM
That might just be the most predictable setlist they could have played aside from Moonchild.

No Stranger? No CSIT? No Seventh Son? No Infinite Dreams? The usual over-played songs from Beast? Fear of The Dark? For fuck sakes.

Boring. As. Fuck.

Fe Maiden
02-01-2008, 09:39 AM
:drool: Only thing I would add is Alexander!

Edit: Just wondering where you found this setIn the Tour threads on the IM site

Fe Maiden
02-01-2008, 09:39 AM
That might just be the most predictable setlist they could have played aside from Moonchild.

No Stranger? No CSIT? No Seventh Son? No Infinite Dreams? The usual over-played songs from Beast? Fear of The Dark? For fuck sakes.

Boring. As. Fuck.Then don't go to the show! I for one will be very excited to see ROTAM, Powerslave, Aces High, & Moonchild done live once again not to mention Wasted Years!!!!

mankvill
02-01-2008, 10:16 AM
CLAIRVOYANT asd0w3rij4 :rocker: :rocker: :rocker: :rocker:

hot_turkey_ed
02-01-2008, 10:23 AM
No Maiden set list will ever be exactly perfect but this one works for me.

RIME.... :agree:

SirLardsAlot
02-01-2008, 10:34 AM
HOYL SHIT I CANNT WAIT

Fe Maiden
02-01-2008, 10:44 AM
RIME.... :agree:Oh so sweet LIVE!!!!!!

sneakbobcat
02-01-2008, 10:48 AM
Look forward to this in August.

es156
02-01-2008, 10:58 AM
There are obviously a few changes that we would all make, but I am extremely stoked to see Powerslave, Aces High, Rime, Wasted Years and Moonchild. Clairvoyant and Revelations are also fine by me anytime they want to throw those in the set list. Should be an awesome show.

SomewhereInTime72
02-01-2008, 11:22 AM
FUCK YES.

(though, wtf, fear of the dark? and i wish for CSIT :snivel: )

THIS IS STILL AWESOME THOUGH

Fe Maiden
02-01-2008, 11:31 AM
(though, wtf, fear of the dark? and i wish for CSIT :snivel: )
Exactly what I thought but I guess I can't have everything!

Fe Maiden
02-01-2008, 11:45 AM
There are obviously a few changes that we would all make, but I am extremely stoked to see Powerslave, Aces High, Rime, Wasted Years and Moonchild. Clairvoyant and Revelations are also fine by me anytime they want to throw those in the set list. Should be an awesome show.Amen!

DethMaiden
02-01-2008, 12:02 PM
Fucking replace Fear of the Dark with a song from the era you're supposed to be covering.

That aside, I creamed myself a bit.

powerslave_85
02-01-2008, 12:21 PM
Abso-fucking-lutely. Powerslave? Rime? Heaven Can Wait?? WASTED YEARS?? I'd be totally stoked to see that setlist.

theclansman1114
02-01-2008, 12:31 PM

Boring. As. Fuck.

Agreed. The set is very predictable. 2 songs from Somewhere In Time?! OH BOY THEY REALLY WENT OUT OF THEIR WAY THERE! :flame::mad::finger2:

powerslave_85
02-01-2008, 12:32 PM
Some of you people are whiny pussies.

theclansman1114
02-01-2008, 12:36 PM
Some of you people are whiny pussies.

No. I just think its bullshit that Maiden is supposed to be highlighting the album Somewhere In Time. I mean for fucks sake, the tour is called Somewhere Back In Time. Sure, having Powerslave, Rime, and Moonchild in the set is nice. Bruce can sing Aces High? Doubt it. 2 songs from Somewhere In Time. And it's the two predictable ones.

DethMaiden
02-01-2008, 12:44 PM
No. I just think its bullshit that Maiden is supposed to be highlighting the album Somewhere In Time. I mean for fucks sake, the tour is called Somewhere Back In Time. Sure, having Powerslave, Rime, and Moonchild in the set is nice. Bruce can sing Aces High? Doubt it. 2 songs from Somewhere In Time. And it's the two predictable ones.

No, it isn't supposed to be highlighting Somewhere in Time. That was just a clever name for the tour. Get over it.

powerslave_85
02-01-2008, 12:47 PM
Exactly. It's supposed to be highlighting Powerslave, SIT, and Seventh Son. That said, I think they did a pretty good job with it. Could they maybe have dropped a couple of other standards? Maybe, but we all know by now that they would never do a show without The Trooper or Hallowed.

theclansman1114
02-01-2008, 12:51 PM
No, it isn't supposed to be highlighting Somewhere in Time. That was just a clever name for the tour. Get over it.
I meant that era.:finger:

theclansman1114
02-01-2008, 12:53 PM
Exactly. It's supposed to be highlighting Powerslave, SIT, and Seventh Son. That said, I think they did a pretty good job with it. Could they maybe have dropped a couple of other standards? Maybe, but we all know by now that they would never do a show without The Trooper or Hallowed.

I don't expect them to do a show without Trooper or Hallowed. My point is Somewhere In Time got the shaft, two songs from it is quite lame, 2 very predictable ones too. Fear of the Dark isn't from that era.

powerslave_85
02-01-2008, 12:54 PM
Also, I think one reason they're sticking with stuff life Fear of the Dark is that this tour they're going places they haven't been to in a very long time, like India and Australia. A lot of people in those countries have probably never seen them before, so why not play some of the classics for them?

theclansman1114
02-01-2008, 12:56 PM
Also, I think one reason they're sticking with stuff life Fear of the Dark is that this tour they're going places they haven't been to in a very long time, like India and Australia. A lot of people in those countries have probably never seen them before, so why not play some of the classics for them?

Yeah, I can still hope they change it by the time they get here.

Div
02-01-2008, 01:02 PM
good list, should be an amazing show, but lets ditch 'heaven can wait' and put 'caught somewhere in time' instead. 7th son would be nice too.

theclansman1114
02-01-2008, 01:06 PM
good list, should be an amazing show, but lets ditch 'heaven can wait' and put 'caught somewhere in time' instead. 7th son would be nice too.

Thats a start

ravenheart
02-01-2008, 04:25 PM
Then don't go to the show!

I don't plan to. Not in this country anyway because they're playing such a god awful venue. I MAY see them at Graspop, but only if the line-up gets better between now and when the tickets go on sale, but that's not specifically to see Maiden. I won't go anywhere on this tour to specifically see them because they've been so lazy with the dates and venues and so indescribably lazy with the setlist. If they're not going to put the effort in, I don't see why I should.

I do find it funny that comments on the relative qualities of setlists are OK around here until someone makes a comment about a band everyone loves.

All the self same people moaning because other people have dared to pick up on the incredible laziness of their beloved Maiden with this setlist have all, very recently, made negative comments about other bands people have been to see.

But NOW people making comments about this setlist are "whining pussies" and so forth? It's OK for one but not the other huh? Fucking hypocrites.

SomewhereInTime72
02-01-2008, 05:45 PM
You are a whiny pussy if you think that setlist sucks because it could have used another SIT song. Heck, I think it should have more from that album (check my username for reference), but I would still absolutely love to see this show. And I will.

theclansman1114
02-01-2008, 10:38 PM
You are a whiny pussy if you think that setlist sucks because it could have used another SIT song. Heck, I think it should have more from that album (check my username for reference), but I would still absolutely love to see this show. And I will.

Oh so I can't disagree with the general masses and have to blindly love the set or else I'm a whiny pussy? Real mature.

Human_Metal
02-02-2008, 03:55 AM
Moonchild :drool:

Pretty good set list, though they could change Run to the Hills and Fear of the Dark to 1 song from SiT and 1 from Seventh Son. Then it would be awesome!
And since this was the first show, it's a very high chance that they change something in the set.

Anyway, i will for sure enjoy them in Helsinki and Tampere. Can't wait :party:

zgodt
02-02-2008, 08:46 AM
The most surprising thing is no "Evil that Men Do."

Fe Maiden
02-02-2008, 10:24 AM
The most surprising thing is no "Evil that Men Do."They may swap it for the Clairvoyant from the rumors and things I've seen on the IM site. I would not be surprised to see it come up in the set at another show.

Div
02-02-2008, 11:43 AM
They may swap it for the Clairvoyant

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

SomewhereInTime72
02-02-2008, 12:30 PM
Yeah, I hope they switch FOTD for like... ANY SIT song.

mankvill
02-02-2008, 01:34 PM
I think it's pretty safe to say they will switch up the setlist over time. Especially for the 2nd and 3rd legs of the tour.

Maiden33
02-02-2008, 01:46 PM

Boring. As. Fuck.

100% agreed. This is exponentially dissapointing.

Maiden33
02-02-2008, 01:53 PM
Now THIS should have been the set list:

1.Caught Somewhere In Time
2.2 Minutes to Midnight
3.The Evil That Men Do
4.Wasted Years
5.The Trooper
6.Infinate Dreams
7.Rime of the Ancient Mariner
8.Stranger In a Strange Land
9.The Clairvoyant
10.Powerslave
11.Revelations
12.Number of the Beast
13.Iron Maiden
Encore:
14.Moonchild
15.Alexander the Great
16.Hallowed Be thy Name

I think everyone could've gone home happy with that. It's got all the logical stuff except two songs for two reasons:
Can I Play With Madness: Always fucking blows live because they can't begin to recreate the backing vocals.
Aces High: Bruce couldn't sing it live in 1984 for fuck's sake. I'm cringing at the thought of it now.
The rest of the set is predictable hits to keep the average fan satisfied as well as a few nice surprises to make it an amazing show.

Maiden33
02-02-2008, 01:54 PM
I think it's pretty safe to say they will switch up the setlist over time. Especially for the 2nd and 3rd legs of the tour.

Correct, they're gonna drop 2 or 3 songs for the US dates.

SomewhereInTime72
02-02-2008, 02:52 PM
Aces High: Bruce couldn't sing it live in 1984 for fuck's sake. I'm cringing at the thought of it now.

I'm very tired of hearing this. He fucked up on the live album, we get it. Listen to bootlegs from fucking '99 and he sounds fine.

JRA
02-02-2008, 05:57 PM

Don't remind me. :hecho:

One of the drops will probably be "Fear Of The Dark," Maiden are a bit lazy on the whole "replacement" thing.

But it terms of calling the set "lazy", I'm inclined to think not so much. I think the fact that everyone knew that "Rime Of the Ancient Mariner" was gonna be played made them forget that it hasn't been played in 20 fucking years. "Moonchild" as well, although no one would have guessed that one was coming. And even though Maiden have had more recent experience playing them on Ed Hunter, its great to see Aces High, Wasted Years and Powerslave (esp-fucking-ecially Powerslave) back in set. I've noticed that about half the set is from the "latter days" so I guess that's cool, but what's with them not playing anything from Killers? :wtf:

Also, it needs to be said: "Heaven Can Wait" has become a novelty fan song. If they didn't have that "whoa oa oa" part (which was cute at first, but the way that milk it makes it so contrived), for the fans to come out and sing, they would have stopped playing it back in 87. I mean its cool that Maiden give the opportunity for a few contest winners to sing on stage with them, but why don't they just do that with the choruses of The Trooper and Run To The Hills? It's less time for rehearsing and we can bring out some underplayed SIT songs.

If I could make any changes, I'd replace Trooper with Flight Of Icarus, Revelations with Genghis Khan and Killers (I've already seen Revelations live anyway :fingers:), Fear Of The Dark with 7th Son Of A 7th Son, and Heaven Can Wait with Caught Somewhere In Time.

Nonethehless, I'd still go see this set...if they played any other dates besides NY and California. ;)

mankvill
02-03-2008, 03:03 PM

:(

And about Aces High: There's a video of it live from Mumbai on Youtube, and I think Bruce sounds fine.

metal_man1019
02-03-2008, 03:07 PM
:(

And about Aces High: There's a video of it live from Mumbai on Youtube, and I think Bruce sounds fine.

I think so to

Aussie Metalchild
02-03-2008, 03:34 PM
Ive got no problems with the set. The fact that Im seeing Maiden is enough for me and the songs are still great.

Maiden33
02-03-2008, 04:15 PM
I'm very tired of hearing this. He fucked up on the live album, we get it. Listen to bootlegs from fucking '99 and he sounds fine.

No he doesn't. I have the Out of the Silent Planet single with the live version of AH on there. It's far from fine.
Don't get me wrong. From the audience perspective I will enjoy seeing Aces a ton, but if they're planning on recording it for anything, count me out. It just upsets me because Caught Somewhere In Time REALLY should have been this set's opener.

Div
02-03-2008, 04:24 PM
Caught Somewhere In Time REALLY should have been this set's opener.

:agree:

theclansman1114
02-04-2008, 01:33 PM

Guess he fucked up here too:http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=89950
:tp:
Sounds horrendous. :hecho:

mankvill
02-04-2008, 01:39 PM
Anyone have the selist for Perth?

metal_man1019
02-04-2008, 02:15 PM
Guess he fucked up here too:http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=89950

Come on its not that bad

SomewhereInTime72
02-04-2008, 02:56 PM

YOU SOUND HORRENDOUS

Seriously, that's not bad at all.

theclansman1114
02-04-2008, 03:07 PM
It sounds bad. He's barely getting out the notes. Don't get me wrong, I love Bruce, but this is way beyond him at this point. I'm sure I won't mind as much when I'm there live, since vocals always seem to sound 100x better when you're there. But a recording of this wouldn't be wise.

Fe Maiden
02-04-2008, 04:33 PM
Come on its not that badI agree! It's not the same as in 1984 but hell, who is the same as that long ago?

Maiden33
02-04-2008, 04:58 PM
Bruce's age isn't really the problem. It's the initial source but not the sole problem. Most other singers actually pick up on the fact that they're voice is starting to go (or at least decrease in range) and adjust their vocal lines accordingly. Bruce makes no such attempt, live or in the studio.

SomewhereInTime72
02-04-2008, 06:20 PM
Bruce's age isn't really the problem. It's the initial source but not the sole problem. Most other singers actually pick up on the fact that they're voice is starting to go (or at least decrease in range) and adjust their vocal lines accordingly. Bruce makes no such attempt, live or in the studio.

To be fair to Bruce, Steve writes all the vocal melodies.

Fe Maiden
02-05-2008, 07:30 AM
Looks like PYRO is back!!! Don't know if we'll get that in NA thanks to Great White!http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z267/tazz_1973/134.jpg

Fe Maiden
02-05-2008, 09:06 AM
RIME.... :agree:Backdrop for ROTAM looks awesome!

http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z267/tazz_1973/149.jpg

mankvill
02-05-2008, 10:24 AM
I bet that Pyro is on Number Of The Beast.