PDA

View Full Version : SLIPKNOT, DISTURBED, DRAGONFORCE, MASTODON: Complete 'Rockstar Energy Mayhem' Deta

mankvill
01-30-2008, 09:21 PM
Main Stage:

SLIPKNOT
DISTURBED
DRAGONFORCE
MASTODON

Jägermeister-Sponsored Second Stage:

SEVENDUST
AIRBOURNE
FIVE FINGER DEATH PUNCH
36 CRAZYFISTS
Jägermeister Battle of The Bands Winner

Second Stage #2:

MACHINE HEAD
BLACK TIDE
SUICIDE SILENCE
THE RED CHORD
WALLS OF JERICHO

Jul. 09 - Seattle, WA @ White River Amphitheater
Jul. 11 - Sacramento, CA @ Sleep Train Amphitheatre
Jul. 12 - San Francisco, CA @ Shoreline Amphitheatre
Jul. 13 - Irvine, CA @ Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre
Jul. 15 - Fresno, CA @ Selland Arena
Jul. 16 - San Diego, CA @ Coors Amphitheatre
Jul. 18 - Phoenix, AZ @ Cricket Pavilion
Jul. 19 - Albuquerque, NM @ Journal Pavilion
Jul. 20 - Denver, CO @ Coors Amphitheatre
Jul. 22 - Kansas City, MO @ Verizon Wireless Amphitheater
Jul. 23 - St. Louis, MO @ Verizon Wireless Amphitheater
Jul. 25 - Dallas, TX @ Smirnoff Music Centre
Jul. 26 - San Antonio, TX @ Verizon Wireless
Jul. 27 - Houston, TX @ Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion
Jul. 29 - Tampa, FL @ Ford Amphitheatre
Jul. 30 - Miami, FL @ Sound Advice Amphitheater
Aug. 01 - Atlanta, GA @ Hi Fi Buys Amphitheatre
Aug. 02 - Indianapolis, IN @ Verizon Wireless Music Ctr.
Aug. 03 - Buffalo, NY @ Darien Lake Performing Arts Center
Aug. 05 – [to be announced]
Aug. 06 - Detroit, MI @ DTE Energy Music Theatre
Aug. 08 - Toronto, ON @ Molson Amphitheatre
Aug. 09 - Pittsburgh, PA @ Post Gazette Pavilion
Aug. 10 - Chicago, IL @ First Midwest Bank Amphitheatre
Aug. 12 - [to be announced]
Aug. 13 - Boston, MA @ Tweeter Center for the Perf. Arts
Aug. 15 - Camden, NJ @ Tweeter Center At The Waterfront
Aug. 16 - Washington DC @ Nissan Pavilion
Aug. 17 - Hartford, CT @ New England Dodge Music Center
Aug. 20 - Saratoga, NY @ Saratoga Performing Arts Center
Aug. 21 - Holmdel, NJ @ PNC Bank Arts Center

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=89637

TonyD
01-30-2008, 10:04 PM
Gigantour 3/5
Rockstar 2/14

So unless the Jager contest winner is Led Zeppelin, Gigantour wins.
I'm still pumped for Mastodon and Machine Head
I may just stay for Disturbed. If I'm feeling alot of teenage angst that day.

powerslave_85
01-30-2008, 10:31 PM
Why, Mastodon? Why? :(

SomewhereInTime72
01-30-2008, 10:38 PM
Why, Mastodon? Why? :(

Basically.

Div
01-30-2008, 10:46 PM
holy shit

hot_turkey_ed
01-30-2008, 11:49 PM
I'm more curious about the impact of this tour on Ozzfest, considering the dates and Jager sponsorship.

And what about Sounds?

mankvill
01-31-2008, 10:47 AM
I'm more curious about the impact of this tour on Ozzfest, considering the dates and Jager sponsorship.

And what about Sounds?

On Blabbermouth, someone said all Ozzfest needs is Down, Priest, and Kataklysm and Ozzfest will be back on top.

I haven't heard anything about SOTU though.

Summer Slaughter 2k8 has Necrophagist and Vader so far.

DethMaiden
01-31-2008, 12:01 PM
Here's hoping for an offdate with just Mastodon and the Red Chord.

hot_turkey_ed
01-31-2008, 12:30 PM
On Blabbermouth, someone said all Ozzfest needs is Down, Priest, and Kataklysm and Ozzfest will be back on top.

I haven't heard anything about SOTU though.

Summer Slaughter 2k8 has Necrophagist and Vader so far.

Priest would be a great start (shades of 2004) but Ozzfest will need a lot more help beyond the other two bands.

In terms of sponsors, routing, etc... this tour is going to make things difficult for Ozzfest at a time when Ozzfest is perceived wounded by a lot of folks. Given the history of some of the those bands with Ozzfest, it's a bit of a poke in the eye.

:cool:

gilpdawg
01-31-2008, 07:50 PM
I believe that there will not be a SOTU this year.

ChildrenofSodom
01-31-2008, 08:17 PM

I guess that Sepultura show really got Suicide Silence a-rolling.

theWolfisLOOSE
02-01-2008, 05:28 PM
Sure, Mastodon has a history of touring with crappy bands, but this........

:bouville:

Although, the Unholy Alliance was pretty mighty!

Here's hoping I find some other obligation so I don't feel guilty missing the mighty Mastodon.

TonyD
02-01-2008, 05:40 PM
Yeah, I saw them on the spring tour with Cursive and Against Me. I have nothing good to say, and I'll leave it at that.
Me and my friends met Brann at a NAMM signing, I saw him at the Suicidal Tendencies show that night, and we ended up talking to him at the airport for about 15 minutes the next day.
He said that they were going to be touring with Slipknot and Dragonforce, and saw the sour look on our faces and kinda laughed. Then he said they were going to try and get High on Fire or Dillinger on the tour, but it looks too late at this point. Coolest guy ever.

DethMaiden
02-01-2008, 05:45 PM
Yeah, I saw them on the spring tour with Cursive and Against Me. I have nothing good to say, and I'll leave it at that.
Me and my friends met Brann at a NAMM signing, I saw him at the Suicidal Tendencies show that night, and we ended up talking to him at the airport for about 15 minutes the next day.
He said that they were going to be touring with Slipknot and Dragonforce, and saw the sour look on our faces and kinda laughed. Then he said they were going to try and get High on Fire or Dillinger on the tour, but it looks too late at this point. Coolest guy ever.

Brann is incredibly nice. I talked with him after seeing Mastodon in February of last year (Christ, it's been a fucking year!?) and he was really down-to-earth and cool. Plus he's a brilliant drummer.

TonyD
02-01-2008, 11:37 PM
Exactly.
The opposite of Brent. Still a good guitar player.

TonyD
02-01-2008, 11:45 PM

And what about Sounds?

Well they just announced that Ozzfest is gonna be limited this year. The Shoreline always has a good turnout, so I can't imagine them skipping us.
And SotU is usually later in the summer.
Lets hope they're all good this year, so me and my friends have that unforgettable last summer. Haha

Axis_Of_Metal
02-02-2008, 11:13 PM
I heard heard SOTU isn't happening this year, is that true

TonyD
02-11-2008, 05:15 PM
Looks like no possiblility for off dates either, unless Mastodon wants to pull a 7 show/week schedule...

Firewind
02-14-2008, 04:27 PM
Oh how terrible... I really would like to see Mastodon. I didn't start listening to them until relatively recently, and haven't had a chance to see them live yet.

Spiral_Slave
02-14-2008, 04:37 PM
Oh how terrible... I really would like to see Mastodon. I didn't start listening to them until relatively recently, and haven't had a chance to see them live yet.

Based on the time I saw them, you're REALLY not missing much. And I'm a Mastodon fan. Plus, they tour the US pretty regularly, so you'll have an opportunity to see them I'm sure.

mankvill
02-15-2008, 01:47 PM
A&P Magazine said Trivium and Unearth will be playing also.

:finger2:

TonyD
02-15-2008, 09:48 PM
Based on the time I saw them, you're REALLY not missing much. And I'm a Mastodon fan. Plus, they tour the US pretty regularly, so you'll have an opportunity to see them I'm sure.

Based on the times I've seen them, you probly got a shitty night. Give em another shot on a headlining tour and you'll agree with me.

But yeah, if you want to see a good Mastodon show, wait for the headlining tour, which should follow the release of the new album, almost immediately after this tour.

Unearth will probly be worth watching. But no to Trivium. Even an A7X fanboy saw them open once and agreed that they suck. Haha

PS... you spelt 'data' wrong in the title.

mankvill
03-17-2008, 11:56 PM
http://www.mayhemfest.com/images/full3.jpg

hot_turkey_ed
03-18-2008, 12:14 AM
Where did you get the dates from? :confused:

April 1st... there's more information...Source: http://www.mayhemfest.com/images/MayhemPressReleasFINAL.pdf

PARTY LIKE A ROCK STAR? Hmmmm... this is going to be Ozzfest without Ozzy. :hmm:

mankvill
03-18-2008, 01:13 AM
Dates are from...

...Wikipedia. :eyes:

But yeah, Sevendust dropped and Underoath was added.

hot_turkey_ed
03-18-2008, 01:19 AM
Dates are from...

...Wikipedia. :eyes:

This forum is MISINFORMATION and PROPAGANDA....:D

Seriously, thanks for the effort but we really shouldn't baseless wiki-data.

:allan:

mankvill
03-18-2008, 01:30 AM
This forum is MISINFORMATION and PROPAGANDA....:D

Seriously, thanks for the effort but we really shouldn't baseless wiki-data.

I'm not ENTIRELY sure they originated from Wiki. I might have seen them on Blabbermouth/smn news before. I just don't remember. Everything else is ship-shape, though.

Div
03-19-2008, 12:01 PM
http://www.mayhemfest.com/images/full3.jpg

oh my fucking god

DethMaiden
03-19-2008, 12:38 PM
WHAT THE FUCK ARE MASTODON DOING GODDAMMIT

hot_turkey_ed
03-19-2008, 04:32 PM
WHAT THE FUCK ARE MASTODON DOING GODDAMMIT

:money: :money: :money: :money: :money:

DethMaiden
03-19-2008, 05:13 PM
:money: :money: :money: :money: :money:

Regardless of your opinion on it, not every band is in it for the money, and I thought Mastodon were one of the noble bands who wouldn't so-called "sell out".

Firewind
03-19-2008, 05:52 PM
Maybe they just need to fatten their wallets to go on a headlining US tour right after...

hot_turkey_ed
03-19-2008, 06:52 PM
This board nearly universally condemned Ozzfest 2007 for its lineup... and just being Ozzfest. I had an incredible time with the Mickster. The Mayhem Tour is Ozzfest 2008 with Ozzy. I'll probably have a pretty damn good time again... it definitely won't be the same without Ozzy but whatever.

I'd glad Mastodon is on the bill.

mankvill
03-19-2008, 07:43 PM
This board nearly universally condemned Ozzfest 2007 for its lineup... and just being Ozzfest. I had an incredible time with the Mickster. The Mayhem Tour is Ozzfest 2008 with Ozzy. I'll probably have a pretty damn good time again... it definitely won't be the same without Ozzy but whatever.

I'd glad Mastodon is on the bill.

Just be sure to go buy more really expensive beers when 36 Crazyfists/Suicide Silence are playing. Everyone else should be okay. Might wanna run to the bathroom for Disturbed.

Div
03-19-2008, 07:49 PM
slipknot - poser shit
disturbed - poser shit
dragonforce - poser shit
underoath - emo shit
walls of jericho - emo shit
mastadon - eh
red cord - eh
and the rest ive never heard but their names imply they suck

SirLardsAlot
03-19-2008, 08:19 PM
dragonforce - poser shitSuck a nut.

hot_turkey_ed
03-19-2008, 08:33 PM
Just be sure to go buy more really expensive beers when 36 Crazyfists/Suicide Silence are playing. Everyone else should be okay. Might wanna run to the bathroom for Disturbed.

I'll be sure to buy a couple of beers that priced little differently than a professional sports event.

Disturb's set at Ozzfest was a peebreak for me last time. :tongue: I'll probably watch them longer this time around.

TonyD
03-19-2008, 08:53 PM
slipknot - poser shit
disturbed - poser shit
dragonforce - poser shit
underoath - emo shit
mastadon - eh
red cord - eh

Well isn't that a step forward for metalheads, dismissing anything you don't know as shit.

I'll be sure to buy a couple of beers that priced little differently than a professional sports event.

Disturb's set at Ozzfest was a peebreak for me last time. :tongue: I'll probably watch them longer this time around.
If they end up doing the 2 day festival thing, this will be Ozzfest like you say. Pretty much all of the bands have played it already, and a couple of these bands have put out more good material in the past few years than the Ozzman has since 82.

mankvill
03-19-2008, 09:30 PM
Suck a nut.

Agreed!

This would be my agenda:

I'd try and get the setlists for Airbourne and The Red Chord, and I'd stay for Machine Head's set. All the other bands on the seconds stage I don't really care about. Suicide Silence and 36 Crazyfists are no good, mon.

I'd love to see Mastodon and Dragonforce live, so I'd probably leave Machine Head a bit early to try and get close seats for them. Abandon my seat once Disturbed gets on, stay around for 2-3 Slipknot songs, and then bail.

mankvill
03-19-2008, 09:34 PM
Oh, here are dates on somewhere other than wikipedia!

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1580706/20080131/slipknot.jhtml

Div
03-19-2008, 10:01 PM
Suck a nut.

http://images.encyclopediadramatica.com/images/a/a8/Dragonforcechart.jpg
And this is NOT including the chorus repetitions!
http://www.encyclopediadramatica.com/Dragonforce

Well isn't that a step forward for metalheads, dismissing anything you don't know as shit.

Yea, I'm sure a band named "Five Finger Death Punch" is going to be really hardcore. Oh wait, I just went to their myspace and they're just another lame rock band about teenage angst shit, but they call themselves thrash so I guess they don't even know their own genre. They also have Monster Energy Drink as one of their top friends. Yea, they suck.

mankvill
03-19-2008, 10:27 PM
lol you got your opinions on DragonForce from ED? Or was it 4chan? And just because they sing about stupid shit doesn't mean they suck. Does Rhapsody suck? Blind Guardian?

SirLardsAlot
03-19-2008, 11:07 PM
Number of lyrics don't always matter! Bang Camaro is one of my favorite bands ... here are the lyrics to their song 'Bang Camaro':

Bang!

Bang! Bang! Bang! Bang!

BANG! Camaro!
BANG! Camaro!

BANG! Camaro!
BANG! Camaro!

Bang! Bang! Bang! Bang! Bang! Bang! Bang! Bang!
Bang! Bang! (Camaro) Bang! Bang! Bang! Bang! Bang! Bang!

BANG! Camaro!
BANG! Camaro!

And alot of their songs are ... lyrically lacking, check (most) of them here: http://lyricwiki.org/Bang_Camaro

Firewind
03-19-2008, 11:26 PM
lol you got your opinions on DragonForce from ED? Or was it 4chan? And just because they sing about stupid shit doesn't mean they suck. Does Rhapsody suck? Blind Guardian?

They suck because they are contrived, simple, and most importantly, over-hyped. I wouldn't have much of a problem with them if people didn't think they were the epitome of metal.

mankvill
03-19-2008, 11:39 PM
They suck because they are contrived, simple, and most importantly, over-hyped. I wouldn't have much of a problem with them if people didn't think they were the epitome of metal.

I have seen not seen anyone overhype dragonforce outside of 4chan when they are bashing on them.

And everyone fucking nags on them for Inhuman Rampage. Holy Shit, Valley Of The Damned is a great Power Metal album.

What? A band whose t-shirts are in Hot Topic and whose songs are featured in videogames can make good music?! :eek:

hot_turkey_ed
03-20-2008, 05:25 PM

Dragonforce overhyped? Perhaps but blaming Dragonforce because of what other think about them?

Me, I'll paraphrase the oracle from the matrix series: "go ahead and make up your damn mind. It's up to you."

TonyD
03-20-2008, 09:24 PM
Agreed!

This would be my agenda:

I'd try and get the setlists for Airbourne and The Red Chord, and I'd stay for Machine Head's set. All the other bands on the seconds stage I don't really care about. Suicide Silence and 36 Crazyfists are no good, mon.

I'd love to see Mastodon and Dragonforce live, so I'd probably leave Machine Head a bit early to try and get close seats for them. Abandon my seat once Disturbed gets on, stay around for 2-3 Slipknot songs, and then bail.

Machine Head is the 3rd stage headliner I believe, so hopefully the 3rd stage ends well before the main stage begins.
And does anyone know if it is going to be all general admission, or rediculously expensive seats like I fear?

mankvill
03-20-2008, 10:58 PM
Machine Head is the 3rd stage headliner I believe, so hopefully the 3rd stage ends well before the main stage begins.
And does anyone know if it is going to be all general admission, or rediculously expensive seats like I fear?
I would expect the tickets to be $25-$30. No more than 40, though.

Div
03-21-2008, 09:07 PM

No, I just agree with their satire and don't care enough to spend the effort thinking of my own. The band just wanks their guitars really fast and sings lyrics that are so bad I actually feel embarrassed for them. They don't have one original idea in any of their music. But the worst part about dragonforce is that they actually take themselves seriously.

And no, Blind Guardian don't suck because they sing about fantasy, their lyrics are composed MUCH better than this alphabet soup dragonforce try to pass off. Not to mention bands like BG can actually write music that isn't just the same shit repeated over and over again.

mankvill
03-22-2008, 10:20 AM
Well, I'm not gonna argue with you. Opinions are opinions.

es156
03-22-2008, 10:37 AM

I have never heard anyone say that Dragonforce were the epitome of metal :lol:

rjturtle9
03-23-2008, 12:19 PM
And everyone fucking nags on them for Inhuman Rampage. Holy Shit, Valley Of The Damned is a great Power Metal album.

agreed

Firewind
03-23-2008, 07:04 PM
I have never heard anyone say that Dragonforce were the epitome of metal :lol:

Perhaps we just know different people.:eyes:

Firewind
03-23-2008, 07:06 PM
Dragonforce overhyped? Perhaps but blaming Dragonforce because of what other think about them?

Me, I'll paraphrase the oracle from the matrix series: "go ahead and make up your damn mind. It's up to you."

I don't blame them for that at all, I just get tired of hearing about them and tend to lash out.

es156
03-24-2008, 06:59 AM
Perhaps we just know different people.:eyes:

Quite possible. :)

DarkTwilight
03-24-2008, 01:40 PM
slipknot - poser shit
disturbed - poser shit
dragonforce - poser shit
underoath - emo shit
mastadon - eh
red cord - eh

well if everyone were smart enough to judge bands based on their NAME im sure we would all have great taste in music.

Or maybe you should get out of the basement and listen to machine head?

hot_turkey_ed
03-24-2008, 11:47 PM
.....MOTORhead?

Div
03-25-2008, 11:19 AM
.....MOTORhead?

now thats what im talking about :rocker:

mankvill
04-01-2008, 11:14 PM
www.mayhemfest.com

updated with dates, the dates on the first page are correct.