PDA

View Full Version : Testament or Symphony X?

TheWhisper88
01-24-2008, 10:33 AM
Oh man, so I wanna see Testament since they are coming around NJ/NY but the night they are playing Starland in NJ is the same night Symphony X is playing in NYC (April 5th). Testament is also playing NYC at BB Kings the next night (the 6th) but tickets are more expensive and the venue is not as good as Starland. I probably will wind up only going to one of these shows.
Which one do you guys think will be better? Testament or Symphony X?
Any recommendations or personal experiences will be much appreciated. Thanks.

zgodt
01-24-2008, 10:35 AM
I would recommend Testament, but then my recommendation is probably meaningless since I like Testament and don't like Symphony X.

DethMaiden
01-24-2008, 10:41 AM
I'd rather see Symphony X, but they just put out Paradise Lost so most of the set will probably come from there, so Testament may be the better call.

Maiden33
01-24-2008, 11:21 AM
If you're a musician, you need to pick Symphony X. No disrespect to Testament, but the only reason I'd really go to see them is Skolnick. SX absolutely rule live.

ravenheart
01-24-2008, 01:33 PM
Seen SX twice, both on the Paradise Lost tour. First time was an hour-long set at Sweden Rock. They sucked.

Second time was 45 minutes supporting Dream Theater at Wembley Arena in London. They were awesome.

I therefore reserve judgement until I see them headlining the Astoria in London in March.

Testament I've never seen but will see for the first time (assuming they don't do a UK tour beforehand) at Sweden Rock 2008.

I would pick Testament, given the choice.

Aussie Metalchild
01-24-2008, 02:57 PM
Its a real pity you can't do both. I'd pick Symphony X over Testament only because Ive already seen Testament live before.

But if it came right down to it Testament > Symphony X.

So Im absolutely no help at all! :)

SomewhereInTime72
01-24-2008, 05:35 PM
Symphony X are amazing live, easy pick, IMO.

TheWhisper88
01-24-2008, 05:54 PM
Thank you everyone for your responses and recommendations.
I was kinda leaning toward Testament and I think I may go to their show on the 5th at Starland. I also just noticed that Symphony X is playing Sunday night (the 6th) at the Trocadero in Philly. Since Philly is like 20 mins-half hour from my school I may go to that show instead. Maybe I can go to both and the best part is that the Starland Testament show is cheaper than the NYC show and the Philly SX show is cheaper than the NYC show as well :party:

Aussie Metalchild
01-24-2008, 07:51 PM
you lucky bastard, great news :)

ChildrenofSodom
01-25-2008, 03:18 AM
Dragonlord.

Fe Maiden
01-26-2008, 08:46 AM
Symphony X are amazing live, easy pick, IMO..

Blitzkrieg Witchcraft
01-26-2008, 03:32 PM
never was a fan of Testament. I'd go with SX, but that's just me.