PDA

View Full Version : Metallica: New Album Will Be Out When It's Ready ... Pavo: So What?!

hot_turkey_ed
01-23-2008, 09:35 PM
SO FUCKING WHAT? :D

We all heard the past reports of when it was supposed to be ready. Quite frankly, I lost interest. I could care less. If Metallica announced tomorrow that it was all over, I'd say thanks for memories... if that. Metallica has ceased to be relevant to my metal universe in any current or future sense. Enjoy a little of the old stuff in Guitar Hero or Rock Band doesn't even count in my book.

How many of you really still give a shit about Metallica or the new album?

powerslave_85
01-23-2008, 09:38 PM
I'll give the new one a shot, but only because I have faith in Rick Rubin.

SomewhereInTime72
01-23-2008, 09:58 PM
I don't care, if I hear a song and it sounds promising I might be willing to give it a shot. Not expecting anything though.

ADD
01-23-2008, 10:13 PM
Actually lately I've been listening to more Metallica than I have probably since I first got into them. Kill 'Em All and Master Of Puppets are literally in constant rotation in my friends car so that's why, but I'm not complaining cuz now I remember again that they recorded some of the most awesome metal ever :metal:

Fe Maiden
01-25-2008, 09:36 AM
Who is Metallica?:eyes:

JRA
01-25-2008, 10:35 AM
I'll give the new one a shot, but only because I have faith in Rick Rubin.

I remember a few years ago waxing about how Bob Rock was a huge problem in Metallica's sound, and how "they should get Rick Rubin! He'd fix everything, he made Reign In Blood for fuck's sake! :D " Then the unthinkable happened and they actually got rid of Rock and snatched Rubin. On the one hand my "wish" was granted, but this wish was made long before I came to realize how politics, economy, and above all age play a factor in to making music. Especially for a band like Metallica.

ravenheart
01-26-2008, 05:14 PM
How many of you really still give a shit about Metallica or the new album?

Me. All the way. None of this band-wagon "Metallica died when they made a video" or "Metallica died when they made Load" bullshit for me.

metal_man1019
01-27-2008, 04:19 AM
Me. All the way. None of this band-wagon "Metallica died when they made a video" or "Metallica died when they made Load" bullshit for me.

Same here

DethMaiden
01-27-2008, 05:41 AM

Nonsense. They died when the made the Black Album. :true:

ChildrenofSodom
01-27-2008, 06:03 AM
Nonsense. They died when the made the Black Album. :true:

Black Album > Some Kind of Monster

DethMaiden
01-27-2008, 11:57 AM
Black Album > Some Kind of Monster

I'd like to meet anyone who can dispute that and isn't in some kind of facility.

Div
01-27-2008, 02:36 PM
their last albums have been shit, this will just continue the downward spiral. the only people who are going to buy this are the "omg metallica roolz" crowd.

ChildrenofSodom
01-27-2008, 04:59 PM
their last albums have been shit, this will just continue the downward spiral. the only people who are going to buy this are the "omg metallica roolz" crowd.

yeah. I mean, their early albums are 'ok.' And anyone that thinks Metallica will somehow transcend the load they have put out the past few years is setting themselves up for a huge disappointment.

powerslave_85
01-27-2008, 07:42 PM
I mean, their early albums are 'ok.'WTF :hecho: :hecho: :hecho: :hecho:

metal_man1019
01-28-2008, 08:04 AM
yeah. I mean, their early albums are 'ok.' .

:eyes::hecho:Seriously fuck those first four albums present some of the best metal ever recorded

ChildrenofSodom
01-28-2008, 08:14 AM
WTF :hecho: :hecho: :hecho: :hecho:

They are good, but honestly, I never pick up my iPod and say "Yah know what I'm in the mood for? SOME MOTHERFUCKING METALLICA!!!" They are good albums, but they arent among my favorite. I find that most Metallica, Sabbath, and Iron Maiden 'classic' albums are enjoyable, but there are many other, newer albums that I find myself listening to more often.

SomewhereInTime72
01-28-2008, 08:41 AM
Early metallica is balls overrated.

powerslave_85
01-28-2008, 08:47 AM
They are good, but honestly, I never pick up my iPod and say "Yah know what I'm in the mood for? SOME MOTHERFUCKING METALLICA!!!" They are good albums, but they arent among my favorite. I find that most Metallica, Sabbath, and Iron Maiden 'classic' albums are enjoyable, but there are many other, newer albums that I find myself listening to more often.
I don't listen to the classic metal albums very often either, but that doesn't mean they're not amazing.

JRA
01-28-2008, 08:53 AM
I personally hold "Ride The Lightning" very close to my heart, but God forbid somebody have a different opinion about it or the rest of the 80's stuff.

Div
01-28-2008, 11:36 AM
i can play ride the lightning on rock band on hard mode :eyes:

DethMaiden
01-28-2008, 04:17 PM
The first four Metallica albums are among the best fifty or so metal albums of all time, hands down.

jaysadler2
01-29-2008, 12:26 AM
I'm looking foward to the new album, will be interesting to hear. I've been a fan for many years, not so into the recent stuff but i think this new album will be make or break for them.

ChildrenofSodom
01-29-2008, 07:57 AM
i can play ride the lightning on rock band on hard mode :eyes:

You must be a guitar hero.

metal_man1019
01-29-2008, 09:17 AM
The first four Metallica albums are among the best fifty or so metal albums of all time, hands down.

Agreed.